• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastore

Running for 90 min. isn’t a bad trait for a footballer given that games last 90min... And to be honest he brings more than that.
Shouldn't all players be able to run for 90 minutes? When did it become elite to not be gassed after 90 minutes? Anyway, I hope potential interested clubs buy the he can run for 90 minutes sales pitch.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
No one will miss him if a left footed cb is signed and Tierney moves to his position. For 25 million he should be sold. His main attribute is running nonstop for 90 minutes. Good game today though.
Your vision and knowledge about football is equally proportional to the Shiite level from Pastore. He was one of the worst players Argentina played in NT.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Shouldn't all players be able to run for 90 minutes? When did it become elite to not be gassed after 90 minutes? Anyway, I hope potential sellers buy the he can run for 90 minutes sales pitch.
Most of our team as well as Liverpool’s were gassed after 60 min. AMN just kept on motoring. The commentators noted it and it isn’t something everyone can bring.

Protnemer

Shouldn't be allowed to leave. Shame we have so many useless players that seem practically unsellable so we can't afford to keep a young, english talent who is improving radically. Would be gutted if he leaves and the deadwood stays.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Shouldn't be allowed to leave. Shame we have so many useless players that seem practically unsellable so we can't afford to keep a young, english talent who is improving radically. Would be gutted if he leaves and the deadwood stays.

Depends on the plan at the end of the day. If we want to play 433 AMN doesnt have a starting spot here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Is the move to 4-3-3 official? Read the article in the Times (I think) but has Arteta spoken about it publicly?

The Willian & Gabriel signings could also fit todays formation. Maybe it also explains why not links to multiple CMs so close to the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He should not be sold ffs

I'm not sure anymore. The club has a lot of decisions to make.

The thing is if we make AMN our starting right back and over a whole season he isnt good enough we have problems. Suddenly he's lost his value and is being classed purely as a right back.

Its a difficult decision.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Is the move to 4-3-3 official? Read the article in the Times (I think) but has Arteta spoken about it publicly?
I kept searching and couldn't find any actual quotes. It seems these are rumors based on what City plays and what the papers think he wants to implement here, but we don't have the midfield for that formation and Luiz doesn't work in a back 4, so for me this 4-3-3 is much ado about nothing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I kept searching and couldn't find any actual quotes. It seems these are rumors based on what City plays and what the papers think he wants to implement here, but we don't have the midfield for that formation and Luiz doesn't work in a back 4, so for me this 4-3-3 is much ado about nothing.

Based on what Arteta was using when he first came in the goal is to play 433/4231.

Protnemer

I'm not sure anymore. The club has a lot of decisions to make.

The thing is if we make AMN our starting right back and over a whole season he isnt good enough we have problems. Suddenly he's lost his value and is being classed purely as a right back.

Its a difficult decision.
Nothing indicates a decline in value, he has been asked to play all over since Arteta came in. His bad performances at RB came under a **** manager with an incredibly unbalanced back four.

No matter what we would still have little Cedric as a backup. Not that much of a difficult decision.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
having Tierney and AMN is precious as it allows you to switch from 3 to 4 man d effortlessly

You're right which is why I'm leaning towards keeping AMN and selling Kola/Bellerin.

The thing is all parties need to accept that AMN is going to be the long term right back and LWB/RWB if needed. Will AMN be happy with that? Big question that we wont know for a while.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Based on what Arteta was using when he first came in the goal is to play 433/4231.
But we've been playing the current formation for most of the season and it doesn't make any sense to move to something else since we had good success with it minus individual defensive mistakes and our tendency to park the bus in the second half.
With the personnel we have, we'd get murdered by playing 3 in the middle and even if we get players that fit that formation, we need time for the players to get used to it, so that's more trial and error.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Under Arteta, the change in attitude and focus is there for all to see. AMN isn’t just an athlete. That was the knock against him, and Arteta’s emphasis on tactics is benefitting players like him, sharpening his reading of the game and helping him have more confidence. Once those buttons have been pressed, AMN is not going to be a one season wonder, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom