• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

From Mikel comments that he don't mind him staying. so let's see what will happen in next few days if we got 25M bid we'll sell.
the full quote suggests very strongly that he wasn't trying as much as Arteta thought he should, but he's now making more effort - so perhaps the threat of selling him was an incentive - being called up to the England squad will surely make him see the value of trying hard, and want to stay with us

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
With the right coaching you can make a great wingback out of him, or even a winger that cuts into the box, but also as a box to box midfielder, I believe. Sky's the limit, really.

akhil

The big question for Arteta for AMN is if he thinks he can consistently perform at CM in a 4-3-3.

AMN is great at LM in a 3-4-3, but I don't think that will be our main formation this season. I think our Partey pursuit shows that we're looking to play with three midfielders, and Partey's position is also where AMN would play in CM.

Right now the gamble is basically on if Arteta thinks that AMN can perform at a similar level to Partey at CM. Based on how well, AMN has played under Arteta and his versatility, I think it is worth gambling on AMN at CM this season.

In the long-term, he could become an immense player, and in the short-term it might save us 50 million euros this summer and provide us with funds that we could invest elsewhere in the team.

This is what I'm hoping for as well; AMN stepping up in to a B2B role, but Partey is a proven player in an area we have neglected for years. I want us to get Ceballos first and make a late move for Aouar/Partey if possible after all the exits and we know our cash flow situation.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he's been told he's free to go because he doesn't put in 100% - that is Arteta's benchmark - but now he's stepped up to the mark things might change
That not the reason the reason is he want first team football and Arteta can't guarantee him that when we finally switch to back that's why we in tough we can't keep player who value 25-30M and use him only when playing 343

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
sounds like no body wants him to go but he isnt key and we need money. consistent performances like today may make him key.

I think it’s always been that. They want someone like Partey but need sales to make it happen. Ideally Arteta wants to keep AMN but there’s no interest in players like Torreira and Guendouzi so he reluctantly might have to agree to selling AMN.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is what I'm hoping for as well; AMN stepping up in to a B2B role, but Partey is a proven player in an area we have neglected for years. I want us to get Ceballos first and make a late move for Aouar/Partey if possible after all the exits and we know our cash flow situation.

Bringing back Ceballos is key, and should be our first midfield priority. Then we can try to sell Torreira and Douzi. That would give us a core midfield of Xhaka, Ceballos, AMN, and Willian since Arteta apparently wants to play him at AM. Willock and ESR would also be options too. And who knows, maybe Elneny will still be around.

That midfield isn't incredible, but it is still a pretty good worst-case scenario. If we still have money near the end of the transfer window it would be great if we could add Partey and/or Aouar to the mix.

Overall, I think AMN's performances have earned him the chance to get regular minutes in midfield, and that kind of changes everything now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
if the plan is to play 541 when defending and 433 when attacking then AMN is key to that. Even I can admit that. Wouldn't be worth selling if that is the case as he's important in that formation.

Pastore

No one will miss him if a left footed cb is signed and Tierney moves to his position. For 25 million he should be sold. His main attribute is running nonstop for 90 minutes. Good game today though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I would like to see us keep him. He is improving, has great wheels and can motor up and down the pitch. He is good defending one on one. He an intelligent player. I say keep or only sell at right (i.e. high) price. Rather see us shifting other player before him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No one will miss him if a left footed cb is signed and Tierney moves to his position. For 25 million he should be sold. His main attribute is running nonstop for 90 minutes. Good game today though.
Running for 90 min. isn’t a bad trait for a footballer given that games last 90min... And to be honest he brings more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom