• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 661,860
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Bale wants to play again. Mad hair.

Eg66G7jXYAAG6Va

Shalmaneser V

Elite signing.

Elite player but unless Klopp is planing on drastically changing Liverpool’s style of play I don’t see how he fits in that team. Liverpool are all about disrupting the opposition, high energy, fast tempo, quick press and dynamism in the middle of the park. Thiago is literally the total opposite of that.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Elite player but unless Klopp is planing on changing Liverpool’s style of play I don’t see how he fits in that team. Liverpool are all about disrupting the opposition, high energy, fast tempo, quick press and dynamism in the middle of the park. Thiago is literally the total opposite of that.

I think Thiago is very dynamic, he gets stuck in and is very good with limited touches on the ball. I think he takes them to a new level.

Shalmaneser V

I think Thiago is very dynamic, he gets stuck in and is very good with limited touches on the ball. I think he takes them to a new level.

Thiago Alcantara very dynamic? Since when?

Thiago is a conductor who sets the tempo and controls the game. His game is all about composure. He’s a technician with excellent vision and awareness. Liverpool aren’t about that unless Klopp is planning to mix it up.

It’s like saying Pirlo was a very dynamic player.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Thiago Alcantara very dynamic? Since when?

Thiago is a conductor who sets the tempo and controls the game. His game is all about composure. He’s a technician with excellent vision and awareness. Liverpool aren’t about that unless Klopp is planning to mix it up.

It’s like saying Pirlo was a very dynamic player.

He's nothing like Pirlo. He has this side to his game which is perfect for pressing and starting quick counter attacks.

He's an all-action midfielder that is amazing at dictating the game.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

They love it, Ajax love a good fisting after being pummelled
You guys can never understand. Ajax is a big fish in a small pond. They cannot hold on to players like PL clubs can because at some point the players outgrow the league. They try to compete on the European level as follows:

1. Signing young talent before they explode and develop their own players.
2. Add experienced players that have played in big competitions.
3. Compete on a high level.
4. At this point the young players become too good to hold on to so they ask them to sign a new deal with the promise they will be reasonable when a club comes knocking they want to move to next year.
5. In this extra year they sign/develop replacements for players like Frenkie/De ligt/Ziyech/Donny and let them develop behind them to take over when they move.
6. Finally the next summer the clubs from big leagues come for the players and Ajax let the player go amicably, for a reasonable price and without being difficult in negotiations.

This has been the case recently for Frenkie, De Ligt, Schone, Veltman, Ziyech and Donny. All have signed new deals with the promise to be let go when a club comes they want to sign for next year. Veltman was even let go for 1M.

Right now Onana and Tagliafico have the same deals with Ajax, if a club comes for Tagliafico and pays 25M he can leave. Onana the same, 40M and he will go through the front door. Replacements are already at the club.

This is Ajax’s business model, it’s the best they can do. They build teams and try to hold them for an extra year or more in the hope they do something special and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom