• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No Partey or Aouar is happening.

Douzi and Mesut will be like new signings.

In some parallel universe they're both really good players who the coach likes and we're fine, but in this universe it seems they're more or less useless to us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

2/10 window so far.

Way too much dross in the squad ffs, how have we not shifted one.
giphy.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
2/10 window so far.

Way too much dross in the squad ffs, how have we not shifted one.
Covid has affected us, like it has most clubs. If we can push a midfielder through I’ll consider it a decent window given the limitations.

I’m surprised the owners haven’t supported the new manager more, Arteta really is getting blood out of a stone here.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Covid has affected us, like it has most clubs. If we can push a midfielder through I’ll consider it a decent window given the limitations.

I’m surprised the owners haven’t supported the new manager more, Arteta really is getting blood out of a stone here.

It's not a personal thing, they just don't invest their own money. Guardiola or Klopp could knock on their door and they probably wouldn't give them any money. Nothing to be done about it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Arteta is like a cash printing machine for Kroenke but hardly used.

How much money has Klopp effectively given to their owners ? Like 500-600m ?
Improved all their players so much, that they've probably increased the squad worth by 200m and added some gems and made them world class. Then the marketing stuff, the titles, ...

It's insane and I feel like Arteta could even come a bit close to that with proper backing.
He already did bits and I think Kroenke would be clever to trust him, he'll only make him richer in the long run.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On the flip side would you give a new employee £100M of your own cash after 6 months of him being there?

The Kroenkes are good owners, allow us to spend what we have and have some what helped during these hard times. You cant ask for much more. If we had a good manager over the past 4 years and made better decisions on buying players nobody would batter an eyelid about the Kroenkes.

mpower2540

On the flip side would you give a new employee £100M of your own cash after 6 months of him being there?

The Kroenkes are good owners, allow us to spend what we have and have some what helped during these hard times. You cant ask for much more. If we had a good manager over the past 4 years and made better decisions on buying players nobody would batter an eyelid about the Kroenkes.
My problem with the ownership is they seem quite disinterested in our affairs which leads to us taking way too long to make decisions. Emery should’ve been removed long before he actually was and it cost us badly in terms of the top 4 chase.

In terms of investing I think it’s a bit rich that when he came it was agreed that we’d operate with a self sustaining model but because we’ve sucked at it we’re now wanting him to bail us out by injecting a load of money in. I doubt he made his billions by just handing money out, especially to people who’ve proven they spend it poorly. Who knows if we can show some shrewder decisions he might decide to put some money in.......not holding my breath though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
No, the Kroenkes are not good owners and its quite sickening that self proclaimed Arsenal fans is saying otherwise.

They're not great owners, but they're not bad owners. Bad owners would let the club go into bankruptcy, they'd never let that happen. They're good owners as long as there are good football people in charge. Arsenal have spent money, they've just not spent it particularly well and they've been woeful at selling players. That stuff isn't the Kroenke's fault tbf.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The Kroenke's have been terrible owners. they let a situation develop where massive talent was lost and good investments were not being made ie losing out on Alonso for 1 million etc. while we invested massively in underperforming players/talent (the lsit is endless). There were very clear problems at the club that the majority of fans could see and pointed out that we would end up in the exact situation we are right now and yet the owners could not avoid?

One massive example of how bad things got was how distant the club was from the fans one big example being that sh*te Hill-Wood who was running the club in to the ground thanking us for our concerns in to their club.

The club has been very badly managed up until very recently with Raul using it as a slush fund for his pals. The amount of politics, movement of staff at high levels indicates a poorly run business/club. Results have been terrible considering the size of the club and if you want to look at it from a business point of view the brand appeal.

The Kroenke's have run the club like a 6 year old would, not a clue what is going on but happy with money coming out. I think maybe Josh is clued in nand its starting to improve but their ownership has been a disaster.

We may have lucked out with Arteta, but what would have happened if Arteta was sh*te, we had no real plan. How is that anything but absoloute terrible management. The Kroenke's have been terrible stewards of the club for the most part.

Reactions: roz

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The Kroenke's have been terrible owners. they let a situation develop where massive talent was lost and good investments were not being made ie losing out on Alonso for 1 million etc. while we invested massively in underperforming players/talent (the lsit is endless). There were very clear problems at the club that the majority of fans could see and pointed out that we would end up in the exact situation we are right now and yet the owners could not avoid?

One massive example of how bad things got was how distant the club was from the fans one big example being that sh*te Hill-Wood who was running the club in to the ground thanking us for our concerns in to their club.

The club has been very badly managed up until very recently with Raul using it as a slush fund for his pals. The amount of politics, movement of staff at high levels indicates a poorly run business/club. Results have been terrible considering the size of the club and if you want to look at it from a business point of view the brand appeal.

The Kroenke's have run the club like a 6 year old would, not a clue what is going on but happy with money coming out. I think maybe Josh is clued in nand its starting to improve but their ownership has been a disaster.

We may have lucked out with Arteta, but what would have happened if Arteta was sh*te, we had no real plan. How is that anything but absoloute terrible management. The Kroenke's have been terrible stewards of the club for the most part.

That wasnt Hill-Wood ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No, the Kroenkes are not good owners and its quite sickening that self proclaimed Arsenal fans is saying otherwise.

In your eyes they arent good owners because they don't visibly give us 200M to spend right? Ridiculous logic. Do your research on how much this club has spent on footballers over the past 5 years. Look at our wage bill.

roz

Fake News Merchant

They are not good owners. Not surprised to see you say that though.

We have been badly run for years which starts from the top and works its way down. No coincidence at all since he took over we have declined. This guy takes money out of the club under the dubious “consultancy fees” title, puts none in and sees us as financial leverage for other franchises rather than a passion project or even subject of interest. No leadership or voice & allowed Wenger to take a ridiculous amount of abuse when he was managing us on a shoestring budget. I still feel much of the toxic atmosphere we witnessed for years was in large part to Kroenke cowering behind his Wenger shield.

No more AGM’s for us thanks to our owner either, can’t even be bothered to engage with his teams supporters a couple of times a year.

That said he isn’t the worst owner but can count himself extremely lucky in landing Arteta who has managed to restore a feeling of positivity around the club. We are still yet to see how the club will be run in the near future after recent failures.

roz

Fake News Merchant
In your eyes they arent good owners because they don't visibly give us 200M to spend right? Ridiculous logic. Do your research on how much this club has spent on footballers over the past 5 years. Look at our wage bill.
He never said that though?
The cheek of calling someone ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom