• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fair enough, I just don't think anyone should be looking forward to anyone losing a job just to try and prove a point about what our club has done.

Anyway, I really hope you prove to be correct about our potential signings. If that's the case we'll have had an amazing transfer window and we'll all be delighted on here :)

No of course I didn't mean it In that way. I dont want anyone just losing their jobs during these times and everyone should be supported. But I do also think it will get to a point where all clubs must make tough decisions. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Oh and I like you too :)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Covid has affected us, like it has most clubs. If we can push a midfielder through I’ll consider it a decent window given the limitations.

I’m surprised the owners haven’t supported the new manager more, Arteta really is getting blood out of a stone here.
You are ? I’m not.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
giphy.gif
I think that’s 80% of it not gonna lie :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I feel like Papi Raul was somehow scamming funds out of Kroenke, we spent £72m on a player last summer ffs.

I know its covid but we are ****ting our pants after spending 10m net.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
No of course I didn't mean it In that way. I dont want anyone just losing their jobs during these times and everyone should be supported. But I do also think it will get to a point where all clubs must make tough decisions. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Oh and I like you too :)

Going into the last week of the window, what do you expect our situation to be? Do you reckon we'll have shifted 1-2 out by then? Maybe brought 1 in? Or a last week dash?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going into the last week of the window, what do you expect our situation to be? Do you reckon we'll have shifted 1-2 out by then? Maybe brought 1 in? Or a last week dash?

A week left when we hit the Liverpool game isnt it? So the next 5 days...

I think Torreira will be gone.
And after that I think you'll see the Aouar deal go further.

Other than that everything will go mental in the last week. If Partey's clause is to be activated then that will be between the 1st and 5th of October in my opinion.

Its mad to think next week is the last week of this transfer window.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not many clubs in world football have a wage bill of over £220M a year and spend on average £100M a year on football players.

Put things into perspective. If Klopp joined us in 2014/15 we would have won CL's and PL's by now. The man would've been able to spend more money here than he has at Liverpool.

If things go wrong people point at owners and shout INVEST MORE MONEY!! If things go well everyone has done a marvellous job.

You know why Liverpool fans praise their ownership? Because Klopp can do whatever he wants with the money they get. Free reign. What do you reckon Liverpool fans responses would be if Klopp failed? Probably get the owners out they don't spend enough money.

Yet our wage bill is full of dross and we’ve had some terrible individuals who were given power at the club. Who should take responsibility for the likes of Ivan Gazidis being hired or bums like Emery given the role of head coach or our best players always wanting to jump ship? You can’t take the responsibility away from the owner. Arsène done his best to keep the fans happy especially with the limited resources given to him and at the end of the day, he was the scapegoat while our fantastic owner remained silent.

Also check the stats, has he invested that money or have we relied on our self sustaining model to raise the funds for those transfers? You’re making it out as if we were a small club before Stan Kroenke arrived at the club and I’m sure our player sales, TV revenue and European participation have financed our dealings in the transfer window.

Liverpool are a different case, they got lucky in the transfer window with the Coutinho sale and that transformed their club significantly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yet our wage bill is full of dross and we’ve had some terrible individuals who were given power at the club. Who should take responsibility for the likes of Ivan Gazidis being hired or bums like Emery given the role of head coach or our best players always wanting to jump ship? You can’t take the responsibility away from the owner. Arsène done his best to keep the fans happy especially with the limited resources given to him and at the end of the day, he was the scapegoat while our fantastic owner remained silent.

Also check the stats, has he invested that money or have we relied on our self sustaining model to raise the funds for those transfers? You’re making it out as if we were a small club before Stan Kroenke arrived at the club and I’m sure our player sales, TV revenue and European participation have financed our dealings in the transfer window.

Liverpool are a different case, they got lucky in the transfer window with the Coutinho sale and that transformed their club significantly.

Why are you going on about Arsène and his limited resources when he sat there sitting on cash reserves of over £200M... we were prepared to sign Mbappe ffs, shows how much money we had and could spend but Wenger refused.

Like I previously said, the owner has made some poor decisions like with Gazidis. However in every institution you'll see some bad decisions, just because its the nature of the beast. Can't always hire the right people.

So are you telling me you'd be happier if Stan had given us £610M directly for players instead of being self sufficient? Honestly whats the difference? Is £610M not enough? Would you prefer stan to give us even more money to buy even more dross to make the wage bill even higher? Does not make sense.

The thing is Klopp has still only spent around £400M in the same time frame where we have spent £610M. So it doesn't matter if they got lucky with Coutinho. We spent the same money on Pepe as they did on Virgil van dijk...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I still believe we are trying to force Lyon's hand with a much lower late Aouar bid which would be straight up rejected two weeks ago. I think funds aren't an issue and we can get rid of Elneny, Torreira and Sokratis at a click of a finger if we wanted to.

I also believe Auba wouldn't have signed if we didn't improve this midfield. He would have had guarantees.

The funny thing is if we end up signing Aouar and Partey everyone will say wow Arteta has been backed by the owner! Until they realise all the cash probably came from within.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why are you going on about Arsène and his limited resources when he sat there sitting on cash reserves of over £200M... we were prepared to sign Mbappe ffs, shows how much money we had and could spend but Wenger refused.

Like I previously said, the owner has made some poor decisions like with Gazidis. However in every institution you'll see some bad decisions, just because its the nature of the beast. Can't always hire the right people.

So are you telling me you'd be happier if Stan had given us £610M directly for players instead of being self sufficient? Honestly whats the difference? Is £610M not enough? Would you prefer stan to give us even more money to buy even more dross to make the wage bill even higher? Does not make sense.

The thing is Klopp has still only spent around £400M in the same time frame where we have spent £610M. So it doesn't matter if they got lucky with Coutinho. We spent the same money on Pepe as they did on Virgil van dijk...

:facepalm:

Arsène refused to spend? You’re clearly trolling as why would he refuse to spend if the funds are available, that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. The Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail etc were feeding fans that information and you clearly believed them, not surprised since there’s always going to be sheep.

Stan Kroenke has made a number of poor decisions. You can’t overlook his lack of interest in “soccer” and his poor judgement with the likes of Gazidis, Raul, Emery etc. He’s clearly not fully invested in football as he is with the Nuggets and The Rams.

Personally, I’m not a fan of this self sustaining model especially when there are other clubs out there that have the power to spend whatever they can to secure a top 4 position. As a club we’re not like Liverpool or even Dortmund who are fantastic at selling their dross or key players for large fees.

Look at a few of the players that Liverpool have sold over the last few years:

Ibe 20m
Benteke 32m
Sakho 26m
Coutinho 142m
Solanke 20m
Ings 20m
Mignolet 8m
Allen 13m
Ward 12.5m
Lovren 11m
Hoever 13.5m

Do you think we’d be able to sell our trash at these prices?

Last edited:
Reactions: roz

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
12 days to go really not much left. I'm glad it'll end because with the crisis going teams are just struggling. Hopefully we'll get few sales get our business done.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Currently snacking on atlantic dulse and blueberries to detox heavy metals out of my mind. I'm reading the book why we sleep and hoping I can improve my sleep because Arsenal is not going to do it for me, obviously.

Any news? Any reason to be positive again?
You live in ****ing heaven. I'll come to Iceland someday and its on you to take care of me!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why weren't we interested in Donny Van De Beek? Proven baller on the European stage.

He was only around £35m, which represents amazing value. Aouar may cost 50% more than that and although VDB seems mature he's only 23 and has more room to improve. He would have given us the link up to the attack we need as well as much needed goals from the midfield (not to mention his elite movement).

I know people will say that United are a bigger pull but wouldn't he have preferred to be a nailed on starter ? I think we could have had a shot at signing him if we showed intent.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not many clubs in world football have a wage bill of over £220M a year and spend on average £100M a year on football players.

Put things into perspective. If Klopp joined us in 2014/15 we would have won CL's and PL's by now. The man would've been able to spend more money here than he has at Liverpool.

If things go wrong people point at owners and shout INVEST MORE MONEY!! If things go well everyone has done a marvellous job.

You know why Liverpool fans praise their ownership? Because Klopp can do whatever he wants with the money they get. Free reign. What do you reckon Liverpool fans responses would be if Klopp failed? Probably get the owners out they don't spend enough money.

:lol: I've got two Liverpool season ticket holder friends and they do not praise their owners

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:facepalm:

Arsène refused to spend? You’re clearly trolling as why would he refuse to spend if the funds are available, that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. The Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail etc were feeding fans that information and you clearly believed them, not surprised since there’s always going to be sheep.

Stan Kroenke has made a number of poor decisions. You can’t overlook his lack of interest in “soccer” and his poor judgement with the likes of Gazidis, Raul, Emery etc. He’s clearly not fully invested in football as he is with the Nuggets and The Rams.

Personally, I’m not a fan of this self sustaining model especially when there are other clubs out there that have the power to spend whatever they can to secure a top 4 position. As a club we’re not like Liverpool or even Dortmund who are fantastic at selling their dross or key players for large fees.

Look at a few of the players that Liverpool have sold over the last few years:

Ibe 20m
Benteke 32m
Sakho 26m
Coutinho 142m
Solanke 20m
Ings 20m
Mignolet 8m
Allen 13m
Ward 12.5m
Lovren 11m
Hoever 13.5m

Do you think we’d be able to sell our trash at these prices?

I'm talking more in Wengers last 5 years. The bloke kept our cash reserves at over 200m ffs what does that tell you? He had a summer we he only signed Cech and constantly said if something comes up we will go for it?

Why are you bringing up what liverpool got for their players it has no ****ing relevance to the point at all. We have still spent 610m in the same period no matter who we've sold :lol::lol: idiot

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Why weren't we interested in Donny Van De Beek? Proven baller on the European stage.

He was only around £35m, which represents amazing value. Aouar may cost 50% more than that and although VDB seems mature he's only 23 and has more room to improve. He would have given us the link up to the attack we need as well as much needed goals from the midfield (not to mention his elite movement).

I know people will say that United are a bigger pull but wouldn't he have preferred to be a nailed on starter ? I think we could have had a shot at signing him if we showed intent.
I was raving about him as an alternative to Partey. Would've loved him here. Also frustrating that all these good Ajax players don't end up at Arsenal and when they end up in the PL they go to Spuds and ManU. Really annoying.

Hope we sign Aouar and Partey to lessen the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom