• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I legitimately can't fathom how some can't understand that a player being left out of the 25 man squad doesn't mean he's not one of the top 25 players at the club in terms of ability / talent.

There's absolutely nothing contradictory in that statement.

By the logic some on here use in terms of natural ability and raw talent trumping everything else I should be expecting to see Ravel Morrison lining up for the England side this weekend :lol:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He just did though. You and others are the ones struggling to process plain English. It’s yours and the opinion of others that he’d make a difference. It was the managers’ opinion that he probably wouldn’t. All the rest is speculation... and crying about a daddy that won’t be coming home :lol:
Is that the manager that played him regularly until he refused a pay cut.?

And daddy isn’t coming home, you and your brothers told him to **** off because you wanted a new daddy that would give you bigger and better presents. But instead of an Xbox series X you’ve got a game of Mousetrap from the 2nd hand store.:lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Hard to imagine any club leaving Özil out of a 25 man squad yet leaving Mustafi and Kolasinac in . . for footballing reasons. That's going to end in tears.
Even if the manager has made a string of dodgy footballing decisions?

I mean I actually hope it is orders from above but these days I’m not so sure.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ok so Emery, Ljungberg, Arteta, <Post Arteta Caretaker> and <Arteta successor> all have issues with playing Özil.

Where are we thinking the root of the problem is here people?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Ok so Emery, Ljungberg, Arteta, <Post Arteta Caretaker> and <Arteta successor> all have issues with playing Özil.

Where are we thinking the root of the problem is here people?
that means the decision is from the ownership.. the trump supporting toupee wearing ****

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

that means the decision is from the ownership.. the trump supporting toupee wearing ****
Ljunberg was playing him until he kicked his gloves into the stand after being subbed tbh. I think people forget these things.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ungberg-i-wanted-to-make-stance-on-mesut-Özil

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Believe Mesut has been treated unfairly or not, I don't care, but it's a joke if anyone's seriously trying to say that Arteta's job is under any kind of threat. It's 3 months since he won the FA Cup FFS. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

proves the point.. was being put under nonstop pressure to get him to crack/leave and every mistake pounced upon.
nah, it was against City and we were losing 3 nil.

This is why I was getting a bit annoyed when people were calling for Özil after we lost 1 nil to them this season.

He would have been great to bring off the bench, but we've been in plenty of those sort of matches over the years where he was of little help to us but people don't want to be honest.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
nah, it was against City and we were losing 3 nil.

This is why I was getting a bit annoyed when people were calling for Özil after we lost 1 nil to them this season.

He would have been great to bring off the bench, but we've been in plenty of those sort of matches over the years where he was of little help to us but people don't want to be honest.

sure when u are outclassed and defending for your lives with a rookie manager, you wont get much joy out of Özil.. ljungberg sure had his priorities straight - lets stop glove kicking.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

sure when u are outclassed and defending for your lives with a rookie manager, you wont get much joy out of Özil.. ljungberg sure had his priorities straight - lets stop glove kicking.
lol but we've seen these performances from him from even under Wenger though.

Özil should definitely be in the squad for sure - but some of the stuff you say isn't right.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I legitimately can't fathom how some can't understand that a player being left out of the 25 man squad doesn't mean he's not one of the top 25 players at the club in terms of ability / talent.

There's absolutely nothing contradictory in that statement.

By the logic some on here use in terms of natural ability and raw talent trumping everything else I should be expecting to see Ravel Morrison lining up for the England side this weekend :lol:
You making up your own argument? Nobody, not me anyway, is saying he should be in 25 man squad just based on talent or what he once done. I’m saying he could still offer more than most of the players, even if just off the bench.

This is backed up by some of the stats from last season where despite being out of the team for a big chunk, he still had some of the best creative stats.

GDeep™

League is very weak

So many similarities with the Pogba situation. Look at some of the comments on this video, it’s like reading AM on Özil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Leaving Özil out of the PL squad has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in football. Nothing like this has ever happened in the PL before.

We all know if Özil got on his knees and took a pay cut like his master wanted, then he would still be getting minutes.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Leaving Özil out of the PL squad has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in football. Nothing like this has ever happened in the PL before.

We all know if Özil got on his knees and took a pay cut like his master wanted, then he would still be getting minutes.
It's kinda for the best though.

I remember how weak Emery looked when he started to bring Özil back into the fold after it went tits up. Now it's not even an option.

Remember when I said Özil has one more run left in the team before this season is over? lol

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

You making up your own argument? Nobody, not me anyway, is saying he should be in 25 man squad just based on talent or what he once done. I’m saying he could still offer more than most of the players, even if just off the bench.

This is backed up by some of the stats from last season where despite being out of the team for a big chunk, he still had some of the best creative stats.

To be fair, I think our only disagreement is on why he's been dropped. I don't really disagree with anything else you've said.

My view is that Arteta binned Özil for the footballing reasons he stated. I'm talking effort in training / workrate / following instructions etc

I think it's fair to say that Özil received preferential treatment over the years compared to other players. I'm not against that, he was a marvellous player producing end product. If you're a star you can get away with things others wouldn't.

When you've only produced 4 assists in 2 seasons I don't think you can get away with behaving like a star player who should get special treatment though.

I really believe that Arteta's dropping of Özil is a statement to the squad about what he expects in terms of his non-negotiables.

I agree that Özil could still do a job off the bench, but it would undermine Arteta's authority over the squad if he let a player that doesn't meet his standards into the squad and play games after being so adamant about his non-negotiables.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems the most logical explanation to me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta will be sacked in January, with Per made interim coach until the summer, Mert's first act will be to register Özil and put him back in the team. (Edu will be sacked before the end of the season too.)

Think this is how it will go.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arteta will be sacked in January, with Per made interim coach until the summer, Mert's first act will be to register Özil and put him back in the team. (Edu will be sacked before the end of the season too.)

Think this is how it will go.
You said you didn’t do drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom