• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | Wednesday 16 December 2020, KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

Can we score from open play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Given the circumstances a draw feel like a good result.

Overall I thought the players showed an improved commitment bar the first 20 minutes and there were flashes of decent play going forwards, most involving Saka and Auba linking up.

These individual calamities leading to sending's off really are unacceptable though. That's three time recently. We could quite easily have had 5-6 extra points without them. It's letting their teammates and the club down. It needs to stop. Individual responsibility is needed.

When push came to shove it was Saka who stood up and took the game by the scruff of the neck. He was jinking though Southampton's defence like a slalom skier for Auba's goal. Magnificent stuff.

Credit to Holding too, not my favourite player but he was excellent at the back after Gabriel's sending off. Very unfortunate with his header too.
Your second paragraph is the key. We showed good commitment apart from the first 20 minutes. By which time, we were a goal down trying to salvage something with a group of poor, scared and demotivated players. We can't expect anything and Arteta needs to stop micro managing abd sit down and allow the players to express themselves. Saka playing outside the rule nook gave us hope.

PressResistance

Saka. Best player at the club

It was shocking watching Romeu pass the ball casually in front of our box with no pressure on him. ****er must have felt like prime Cesc

Then you have probably blocked out Grealish and fckin Ross Barkley with samba at the carpet vs Villa this year.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well I'm just happy with a point. To have set a new record of 5 home loses going back to 1896 would have been deserved but unwanted. Its so clear we are missing an Özil type player, not Özil 2020 because he's been poor for the past 2 years but a player who creates, who links the midfield with the attack. We currently have no one and its like swimming in treacle!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hard to know how to react to that game. I think many people were expecting us to lose, so in that sense a point isn't terrible. And the red card skews things. But then by any normal metric it was another absolutely terrible performance, so it doesn't make much sense to point at the positives.

Idk either way you cut it things just aren't improving, are they.

Mohamed7

That's not yellow card offence lol.
Regular foul with no malicious intent, talking to or a warning.
Never a second yellow or red, to clarify.
What made yellow is not the foul itself but the phase of the game and position of the play. Southampton were in attacking transition in our half that's a yellow. In addition, considering Theo's pace, he would have been one-on-one with the keeper.

It was a clear yellow and seen given many, many times.

Gabriel was off today. Far too many fouls, mistakes...

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wouldn't even surprised me, that the red card prevented us from losing.

Southampton needs space behind the last line and with all men in our own box, they nearly had no space to attack us.

Otherwise we still would play with high line and they would score some counter goal.
Theo probably would've scored on that run itself.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Hard to know how to react to that game. I think many people were expecting us to lose, so in that sense a point isn't terrible. And the red card skews things. But then by any normal metric it was another absolutely terrible performance, so it doesn't make much sense to point at the positives.

Idk either way you cut it things just aren't improving, are they.
Thought we have looked better attacking wise the last 3 games.

Small improvements.

Legend14

Established Member
Southampton play pressing football, Ings and Adams can do it all game...none of our forwards have the intensity for that, bar maybe Eddie.
Our forwards pressed most of the match today.. though the midfield wasn’t aligned with this.

Kav

Established Member
WE GOT A POINT!

Cone master Mikel should be relieved that we didn't lose and happy there are no fans to see that dross. Another Red card though, i wonder what his reaction will be like.

Who will step in for gabriel? Luiz or Mari?

Gabriel will be missed though.

Iceman10

Established Member
The reaction in here after that actually shows any “Arteta Out” agenda here at A-M is not that prevalent. Some do not participate in match threads, so that has to be taken into account. As long as we’re not dragged into relegation zone Arteta is safe then maybe. Could be realisation of the issue of a difficult job for any manager for the time being with this squad having to be transitioned and the board, who knows.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom