• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Southampton | Wednesday 16 December 2020, KO: 18:00 GMT | Amazon Prime

Can we score from open play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The reaction in here after that actually shows any “Arteta Out” agenda here at A-M is not that prevalent. Some do not participate in match threads, so that has to be taken into account. As long as we’re not dragged into relegation zone Arteta is safe then maybe. Could be realisation of the issue of a difficult job for any manager for the time being with this squad having to be transitioned and the board, who knows.
What it means is that most people are sensible and don't adopt baseless loves or hatreds of other people. But they do expect the Arsenal manager to win a reasonable amount of games and the odd trophy here and there. If Arteta cannot do this he has no place being the Arsenal manager, if he can he's welcome.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We haven't played well in months, can't remember the last time we won a league game tbh and we are close to the relegation zone in December.

Of course there would be fear, why is Walcott saying that like it's surprising :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
The reaction in here after that actually shows any “Arteta Out” agenda here at A-M is not that prevalent. Some do not participate in match threads, so that has to be taken into account. As long as we’re not dragged into relegation zone Arteta is safe then maybe. Could be realisation of the issue of a difficult job for any manager for the time being with this squad having to be transitioned and the board, who knows.
I honestly don't see what's so difficult about that job that necessitate us being as bad as we've been this season?

Man for man we have a squad with individuals that are better than probably every other team in the league bar maybe 5 or 6 clubs. Yes we've not got a perfect squad, we do have 1 or 2 holes, but we've definitely got enough quality to make do for a little while and do A LOT better than we currently are. So it's a shortcoming in regards to the management team that we're 15th.

We also usually have a decent amount to spend in transfer windows so money and recruitment isn't an issue, it's the identification that's piss poor and again the management team bears responsibility for that.

If we'd have appointed a genuinely good manager/management team when either Wenger left (so instead of Emery) or when Emery was sacked (so instead of Arteta) then for me it's unquestionable that the club had enough resource to do a lot better than what we have been doing.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
What made yellow is not the foul itself but the phase of the game and position of the play. Southampton were in attacking transition in our half that's a yellow. In addition, considering Theo's pace, he would have been one-on-one with the keeper.

It was a clear yellow and seen given many, many times.

Gabriel was off today. Far too many fouls, mistakes...

Yeah clear yellow imo, just braindead play by Gabriel.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

For some people, football is an escape from when life gets difficult.
I know I get that but I find it really hard to believe it can genuinely be the reason for someone’s mental health deteriorating.. like it’s hard for me to physically imagine but it clearly happens so fair enough

Iceman10

Established Member
What it means is that most people are sensible and don't adopt baseless loves or hatreds of other people. But they do expect the Arsenal manager to win a reasonable amount of games and the odd trophy here and there. If Arteta cannot do this he has no place being the Arsenal manager, if he can he's welcome.

Agreed, the keyword was “agenda”. A kind of surprise because I’ve seen a lot of that here in the past. In the end we will need that sensible environment among fans to allow a transition to run its course, regardless of who is the manager.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Agreed, the keyword was “agenda”. A kind of surprise because I’ve seen a lot of that here in the past. In the end we will need that sensible environment among fans to allow a transition to run its course, regardless of who is the manager.
There is a lot of agenda on the internet because people who you'd ignore in real life have a platform and many take this to mean they are listened to more if they say provocative/insulting things. Trolling. Few trolls in the real world, they get ignored or a smack on the nose depending on the level of trolling or the person they are trolling.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Maybe the first 2o minutes or so.

The fact we came back and equalised and held on with 10 men for 20+ minutes showed there was a bit of strength of character there.
When we had no choice but to go backs to the wall, yeah.. When we had choices at 11 v 11, though, there was definite but quite understandable fear. I wouldn’t expect this lot to exude anything else given the situation tbh. Walcott just stating the obvious in front of a cameraman for the 2,577th time in his career!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom