• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Man City | Tuesday, December 22 | KO: 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Who goes through to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’ll be as strong a lineup as we can manage, identical to the league with the exception that Lacazette likely come in.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
My Dad and family always said that this performance was the worst they'd ever seen in a Final
And look at the pitch!
They'd had the Horse of the Year show at Wembley the week before

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Of course the positives of both those humbling defeats in the League Cup Finals was that the team came out of it much, much stronger.
The Swindon defeat, and the subsequent abuse from the London Press, spurred The Arsenal on to new heights, and gave us the Fairs Cup and our first Double.

The humiliation by Luton Town gave us, imo, the greatest Arsenal team we have ever had, '89-91 was surreal.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’ll be as strong a lineup as we can manage, identical to the league with the exception that Lacazette likely come in.
Actually think that Nketiah is better.

if we are going to persist with a high pressing game, Nketiah is undroppable.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is a throw away game. Going for this while relegation looms would be like planning to sort out an in growing toe nail while you’re lying in intensive care with COVID 19.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is a throw away game. Going for this while relegation looms would be like planning to sort out an in growing toe nail while you’re lying in intensive care with COVID 19.

So you are saying write to the authorites and forfit the game? Or maybe put out the under 12 team? Whats your thinking here? Withdraw from Europa and FA cup as well, just to redouble our focus?

Not so sure about that matey.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I think it’s a great opportunity to win a trophy and salvage something from this season. We’re not going to get relegated but we are going to finish outside the EL spots so winning a trophy is likely to be our only way in. The other big teams left in the competition are busy chasing the league/top 4 which could give us an advantage.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

A strong lineup, a red or injury and a loss would get Arteta crucified. Not that he would notice.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

So you are saying write to the authorites and forfit the game? Or maybe put out the under 12 team? Whats your thinking here? Withdraw from Europa and FA cup as well, just to redouble our focus?

Not so sure about that matey.
:lol: Or put out players not in your thinking for the Chelsea match. Or the 6 pointer, bottom of the table clash against Brighton.

Mind you I’m not sure Mikel knows which players are his 1st choice anymore, he looks totally stressed. In fact a bit like Wenger in his final year when the angry fans had made it impossible for him or the team to function.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Of course the positives of both those humbling defeats in the League Cup Finals was that the team came out of it much, much stronger.
The Swindon defeat, and the subsequent abuse from the London Press, spurred The Arsenal on to new heights, and gave us the Fairs Cup and our first Double.

The humiliation by Luton Town gave us, imo, the greatest Arsenal team we have ever had, '89-91 was surreal.
Yeah well those teams had pride. A lot of these players don't care either way

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think it’s a great opportunity to win a trophy and salvage something from this season. We’re not going to get relegated but we are going to finish outside the EL spots so winning a trophy is likely to be our only way in. The other big teams left in the competition are busy chasing the league/top 4 which could give us an advantage.

I mean finishing 15th and winning the league cup would really nail down our reputation as a cup team, which is what we've been working towards for like a decade already. In that sense I'd rather not win it. It's like this club has forgotten about the league, always focusing on cups and Europe cos the league is too difficult. Nah, this season we need to win no cups and finish firmly bottom-half, that way there's nowhere to run, no false positives to cling onto, finally face the fact that we've fallen so far from what we were.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Yeah the Carabao Cup will make us the envy of the Championship.:lol: Like if you got rinsed in a divorce and had to move into a caravan ground but you managed to hold onto your 2006 entry level BMW thus making you the sauciest git amongst tinkers.

arsmile

Established Member
he won't field the kids as this match is too important

so he'll field our terribly out of form self destructive senior squad

rather than our in form 100% EL squad

because he'll think that gives us a better chance.

Does anyone think we'd stand a better chance playing our 'first 11' as opposed to our kids?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
That's an interesting statement:lol: I won't comment too much as i didn't see that team but there are some that think Arsenal were a nothing club before Wenger. That obviously wasn't the case when you look at the decade before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom