• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Isco

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
The recent value quoted was 15m, which is probably 10-15 million of what we would have to pay.

Looks like Mustafi and Sokratis are leaving, can also see Chambers and other players being loaned out, like Nelson.

Luiz is already being phased out, there’s plenty of money being saved there. Kroenkes might as well do what they did with Partey and get the money in through KSE in some fashion again.

Most importantly, the club has to bite the bullet now and start the squad building earlier, since we are bound to have a lot of turn over between now and the next season.

I dont think KSE can do more than or what they did before (some restructuring and overdraft) this time. They can inject their own money but they havent done that before and will not do it now. But sure, we can get some cash via sales but our inability to sell redundant players is a worry.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I dont think KSE can do more than or what they did before (some restructuring and overdraft) this time. They can inject their own money but they havent done that before and will not do it now. But sure, we can get some cash via sales but our inability to sell redundant players is a worry.

Yeah, the famous “clear out” coming in the summer is mostly contracts running down and players leaving on a free.

Though I do have hope that the amount of weekly wages freed in 6 months can be brought back into spending right now if need be.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we can spend but as people said it's important we sell few of our current players we 34 players already at least Mustafi Sokratis Kola has to leave first.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Problem is, Isco hasn’t been great since 2018. He clearly has had weight issues and hasn’t performed to his potential which to some extent speaks to his work ethic. Not necessarily the role model we would want for our young players. It’s all well and good his wanting to leave for playing time, but we need someone to hit the ground running, otherwise what are we gaining?

Sometimes you need a breath of fresh air and a new challenge. Look at how Raphael Van der Vaart rejuvenated himself at Tottenham. I do agree, it could go both ways. He can either sit and rot on the bench at Real Madrid or rejuvenate himself elsewhere before the Euro's next year. The premier league will soon have him in the shape of his life! Shad Forsyth will have this guy in hsape in no time!! :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Imagine having Özil, Willian and Isco in your ranks and being concerned about creativity.

5 years ago, that would have been as good as anything in football!

I'm much less sold on the idea of Isco than I was last week.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is something better than nothing tho?

I think in this case yes. We’ve seen how different we look with ESR playing in that advanced role. If he gets injured we’re ****ed. Ideally you sign someone else but it seems like they don’t have the money to do anything permanent in January.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
We could be in a situation where we hand Isco a contract months after handing Willian a 3 year deal. Bit crap.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know where this whole fat and unfit thing is coming from tbf. He’s probably match fit since he’s been used as a sub this season, unlike Suarez who was injured pretty much when he arrived.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t know where this whole fat and unfit thing is coming from tbf. He’s probably match fit since he’s been used as a sub this season, unlike Suarez who was injured pretty much when he arrived.
He’s played 300 mins all season. Why isn’t he playing more anyway? I haven’t kept up to date.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It’s annoying when the worst case scenario is he’s rubbish and we send him back to Madrid but with us worst case scenario is he’s rubbish and we hand him a fat 4 year contract on huge wages.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He’s played 300 mins all season. Why isn’t he playing more anyway? I haven’t kept up to date.

He’s come on as sub 3 out of last 4 games. Like Ceballos Zidane doesn’t fancy him. Madrid have been crap this season anyway so what does he know.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom