• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Hopefully this is an actual roadmap to getting him to the first team and not just a loan to appease him and then sell him in the summer. We are finally in a position were we could stop worrying about the CB position for a while.

You'd be looking at Gabriel starting with a decent backup in Mari and Holding starting but Saliba on his toes with the hope of usurping him sooner or later. That could've started this season with the UEL group stage/cups but we blew it, hopefully we could still make it work next season.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has set him back one year in his development. He hasn’t played any competitive football for 10 months so he has every right to be ****ed off. Hopefully there’s no animosity there and he can come back and be part of the squad next season.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

...ArsenalPhilly backing the club here!

This is a **** take though. He has been playing regularly for a Ligue 1 side since he was 17, he’s widely regarded as the best CB for his age group in France and we have a lot of very bad defenders lacking any talent. There’s no real explanation as to why he could legitimately be left out, especially when some of the CBs playing instead of him won’t be here in six months. What has happened to him is the equivalent of us getting a new manager tomorrow and that manager deciding Saka shouldn’t be in the squad.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm glad he'll get to play. I doubt he's as jitter inducing as Mustafi and if we'd played him and he'd faltered, we could have told everyone that he was grieving, shocked by the physicality of the PL, injured etc and would be rested and sent on loan. "Binning" him certainly hasn't helped anyone.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
maybe dont give him the #4 shirt day one as well :lol:

Arsenal: "We are giving you the squad number of our Invincible captain and French great, Patrick Vieira...we know you will do it justice."

Saliba: "Unbelievable feeling, I can't wait to play for this club!"

Arsenal: "Play...getting a little ahead of yourself, don't you think?"

Saliba: ...

Melquiades

What on earth. How does that make any sense?

If you're done with the guy and have no plans for him, sell him now, get your 30 million or whatever back, and invest it in a new player that you do believe in.

Or play him and integrate him into the team.

Dicking around with 18 month loans accomplishes less than nothing. It shouldn't even be a discussion point.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Something dodgy is going on, can’t put my finger on it.

Or it could just be a good old car crash where we’re just c0cking this up.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Did anyone watch him in France, even just for one game?

That report 10 pages back makes it sound like playing him in the PL would be an absolute calamity. I know Ligue 1 is weaker but wtf?

Wryer

This is a offence worthy of a sack in any organization, including the grocery store down my street.

What a ridiculous shamble. He's not coming back whether he turns out world class or absolute garbage. We've dropped 30mn straight down the drain.

Melquiades

This is a offence worthy of a sack in any organization, including the grocery store down my street.

What a ridiculous shamble. He's not coming back whether he turns out world class or absolute garbage. We've dropped 30mn straight down the drain.

This whole thing has been a bizarre mess with a lot of unanswered questions that reflects poorly on management, but if we sold Saliba tomorrow we'd almost certainly get most or all of that money back. Maybe even more. It may end up being an expensive blunder on the pitch, but it won't end up being an expensive blunder at the bank.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I saw him twice for the u23’s and both times he was very poor. I expect talented centrebacks to be bossing it at that level. I’m not saying he won’t improve and become good in the future but based on what little I’ve seen of Saliba I don’t understand the hype at all.
The loan move should do him a world of good.

Olivier_Giroud

Another youngster that Arteta is burning bridges with. Saliba is not coming back. Arteta is such an insecure little man that he prefers Chelsea retirees than prodigies who he feels will threaten his little bubble.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom