• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tariq Lamptey

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about the winter, but if we can even do just ok with sales in the summer, then there should be enough to get some players in we need. With that I mean getting reasonable figures for the likes of Chambers, Bellerin, Guendouzi, Torreira, Xhaka, and Lacazette.

That's before what we might have as a budget.
Whoever is doing our accounts will be aware we will be approximately 32m a year better off once Özil, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis and Ceballos leave this June. That's a massive amount before we consider we might sell a few players. We could easily free up a 1m a week in wages before any incoming transfer fee is counted.

The fact we can account for 32m now as guaranteed the bean counters should be happy to authorise signings now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Lamptey looks better because of his pace. Similar to Bellerin when he first burst onto the scene. Defensively doesn't look great.

Has to be better right backs out there than Lamptey for the quoted price. Max Aarons probably 10m cheaper and from the little I've seen of him looks potentially better.

He’s off to United.

Malky

Established Member
Can Lamptey defend? I’m not sure, looks a good baller.

Many players are ahead of him for England - Trent, James, Walker, Trippier, even AMN.

Im not sure if Lamptey is better than AMN. I saw AMN under Emery boss it in Europe.
Not convinced by the lad either, to be honest. He's good going forward and has pace to burn, but defensively he looks a liability.
He's still young so he's got time to develop and improve his defensive ability, but right now it doesn't look like the best move replacing Bellerin for 'Bellerin Mk2'

senna

Not convinced by the lad either, to be honest. He's good going forward and has pace to burn, but defensively he looks a liability.
He's still young so he's got time to develop and improve his defensive ability, but right now it doesn't look like the best move replacing Bellerin for 'Bellerin Mk2'

For most of our games we are going to be facing teams sitting deep & playing in a low black. We are better off getting a RB who can attack to help in these games and for the 5 or 6 games a season where they have to defend Arteta has shown he can set up system to do this.

Lamptey looks no worse defensively than Bellerin or TAA. He is also the most 2nd fouled defender in the PL - which may not be any use to us until we can get someone who can deliver a set piece.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He is rather short and Souness said that his height will always leave him with problems. He looks good going forward but I've not seen him look brilliant defensively in a Sagna kind of way. I think we should shop around

Jae

He is rather short and Souness said that his height will always leave him with problems. He looks good going forward but I've not seen him look brilliant defensively in a Sagna kind of way. I think we should shop around

Never held Cazorla back!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Never held Cazorla back!
Cazorla was an attacking midfield and world class technician. This guy is midget defender. He is gonna have to defend crosses, specially when teams choose to put long balls on his side. Bellerin and Tierney constantly challange for headers. So you cant be right back and ignore this part of the game. But right back is the last thing we need. We have bellerin and AMN

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don't tell me i've just seen someone say AMN is better than ****ing Lamptey :lol::lol::lol:

England squad argument is stupid, Lamptey hasn't been playing premier league football for long. Technically Lamptey is streets ahead of AMN, and AMN isn't even a better defender than Bellerin ffs.

If you want to properly succeed at the highest level as a full back you need to be very good going forward, which Lamptey is. No surprise Brighton's level has shot down since he's been injured.

AMN isn't even fit to lace Lamptey's boots, he's our version of Milner.

Why

Always Me ?
Lamptey comes across as a bit of a ****, bit like Guendozi. I dont think Arteta will want another young mouthy **** in the team.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lamptey comes across as a bit of a ****, bit like Guendozi. I dont think Arteta will want another young mouthy **** in the team.

He does? He comes across as a very humble and polite lad in every interview I've seen him in.

Why

Always Me ?
Wasn't he left out of the team recently due to an altercation that happened with the Manager? Or so the rumours went?

Gunner-Union

Not sure his height as fullback is that big of a deal tbh. Bullerin losses nearly every header but he gets in the way and that’s enough to put forwards off. IMO I’d prefer a double swoop at Norwich for Aaron’s and buendia give them
Cash and a player or two on loan

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't he left out of the team recently due to an altercation that happened with the Manager? Or so the rumours went?

Think you’re thinking of Maupay maybe?

Lamptey just seems to be Mr Glass. Have him in fantasy and every week he seems to be carrying a knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom