• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Pepe hasn’t given up on making it at Arsenal strangely. He really should though, I think this situation is a bit beyond him unfortunately.
It’s a bit frustrating cause people think he’s been awful when really he’s had 4 starts in the league when the whole team was bad and performed well in Europa just like the kids did.

These young French guys love Arsenal, but I do hope what’s happened to Saliba/Guendouzi/Pepe will be a warning to other young players to steer clear of here for now. The Arsenal they probably romanticise is long gone.

You get your hopes up about these players and this weirdo manager just bins them. Higher ups seem more than happy to back him too, which leads me to believe there’s a lot more money in the club than we think.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Pepe hasn’t given up on making it at Arsenal strangely. He really should though, I think this situation is a bit beyond him unfortunately.
It’s a bit frustrating cause people think he’s been awful when really he’s had 4 starts in the league when the whole team was bad and performed well in Europa just like the kids did.

These young French guys love Arsenal, but I do hope what’s happened to Saliba/Guendouzi/Pepe will be a warning to other young players to steer clear of here for now. The Arsenal they probably romanticise is long gone.

You get your hopes up about these players and this weirdo manager just bins them. Higher ups seem more than happy to back him too, which leads me to believe there’s a lot more money in the club than we think.

Who do you support exactly?

Besides, after Pepe did a madness and got himself sent off, this manager you hate on kept the faith in Pepe and put him right back in the team.
Arteta has shown more than enough patience with Pepe. The reason Pepe is now being treated in this way is because since academy product Bukayo Saka has moved into his position, he has outperformed Pepe in every way imaginable.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
giphy.gif

That has to be a joke, right?

We've made a lot of weird decisions, but that would be too much.

"If all goes well" too. Wtf...

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Why wouldn’t he accept a loan to the championship? It would do so much more good for his development than a loan back to France.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm wondering if there is any comparison between Saliba and Sarr. Young French defenders brought in and loaned straight out. All be it Saliba was loaned and brought back but he would have went straight on loan if a deal could have been done?

Saliba obviously highly regarded but I thought Sarr was also and that he was one we were allegedly interested in?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I don't hate the idea of him playing at Nice till 2022. Like obviously we all want to watch him start for Arsenal, but tough sh*t, player development isn't simple and linear, it's really difficult. I'm sure half a season at Nice will do him good, but will it do enough good to get him competitive for next season? A solid 18 months of regular top flight football is probably better for his development tbh.

He has a contract till 2024, he'd be 21 by the start of the 22/23 season. The most important thing is keeping him under contract as an asset and making sure he is playing and developing. If it's later than sooner then so be it.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I saw Neto talking about Wenger and Arsenal, Grealish too a while back, every young player today loved Arsenal growing up. That’s over though, future generation of players will talk about City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he’ll be given another chance. Even Willian (who I hate atm) deserves a chance under this new system, we actually look like a football team again and I don’t think we should really hold the first part of this season against any of our attackers.

He’s also been a bit unlucky in that he he’s never been given a ‘gimme’ in the PL. Arteta seemed to enjoy chucking him in for the most difficult games and couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus after his sending off.
Having a run at Dan Burn or that O’Shea guy could have been a nice confidence boost for him, instead his next start will probably be against Kyle Walker just watch. :lol:

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm wondering if there is any comparison between Saliba and Sarr. Young French defenders brought in and loaned straight out. All be it Saliba was loaned and brought back but he would have went straight on loan if a deal could have been done?

Saliba obviously highly regarded but I thought Sarr was also and that he was one we were allegedly interested in?

Chelsea signed Sarr on a free and organised his loan the moment he signed. It was never his or Chelsea idea to stay at Chelsea this season. He probably signed with that plan.

We spent 30m, handed him number 4, had him on bench against Liverpool in CS, messed about with loans last day of a 3 months transfer window and threw him to the 23s.

One was a clear and professional plan. The other amateur.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Best of luck to him. I hope he plays a blinder and shows that he's more than ready for us. The Independent gave me a bit of hope by reporting the absence of any obligation to buy indicating that for Saliba, this was a 6 month stint.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
The main attraction of this club for young esp French players apart from the stupid wages we sometimes pay was working with Wenger. Without Wenger this club doesn’t feel so special anymore. Maybe Saka, Martinelli and ESR developing in the first team will increase our attractiveness again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Young French players don't give 2 ****s about Arsenal. Most of them were barely out of nappies when we were winning things and when Wenger was making waves.

Growing up they will never have seen Arsenal win titles or be anymore than 4th and a cup team.

They come to Arsenal for the money, for London and moving to a club bigger than their current one.

If anyone thinks a top French player comes here because Vieira played here the guts of 20 years ago youre deluded. They've grown up watching Flamini, Clichy and Sagna. Not Henry, Pires and Vieira.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think he’ll be given another chance. Even Willian (who I hate atm) deserves a chance under this new system, we actually look like a football team again and I don’t think we should really hold the first part of this season against any of our attackers.

He’s also been a bit unlucky in that he he’s never been given a ‘gimme’ in the PL. Arteta seemed to enjoy chucking him in for the most difficult games and couldn’t wait to throw him under the bus after his sending off.
Having a run at Dan Burn or that O’Shea guy could have been a nice confidence boost for him, instead his next start will probably be against Kyle Walker just watch. :lol:

This new system exists because Willian isn't in the team :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom