• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

They could have agreed this at the end of the window. We only have Xhaka, Sambi and Patino available until Partey and Elneny come back.

Loaning him at this point of the window makes absolutely no sense if we don't have a midfielder lined up already to replace AMN.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
They could have agreed this at the end of the window. We only have Xhaka, Sambi and Patino available until Partey and Elneny come back.

Loaning him at this point of the window makes absolutely no sense if we don't have a midfielder lined up already to replace AMN.

This is the club who let Kolasinac go on loan and banked on Tierney staying for for half a season, with only Cedric (and then Xhaka) as left back options.

Kalstrom, summer of Cech, there's precedent.

drippin

This is the club who let Kolasinac go on loan and banked on Tierney staying for for half a season, with only Cedric (and then Xhaka) as left back options.

Kalstrom, summer of Cech, there's precedent.
AMN had played on the left side too with good performances, but it seems neither were good enough there for Arteta.

Both AMN and Cedric had I think one horror match there to leave them out of the consideration totally.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You think Patino is ready for FA cup football though? Would be interesting to see how he fares against Nottingham Forest on Sunday. If the Liverpool game doesn't get cancelled on Thursday I would like to see Patino start on Sunday.
It'd be a baptism of fire to a degree but I think it's the safest bet to give him an opportunity. I think it might be a good idea to pair him with someone more physical in that midfield but that gives us a real paucity of options there given Xhaka and Lokonga will be the only other senior midfielders there. The only other possibility is either a new midfielder or they also call up Tim Akinola who's been very impressive this season as a strong, all-action midfielder (very raw though).

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
AMN had played on the left side too with good performances, but it seems neither were good enough there for Arteta.

Both AMN and Cedric had I think one horror match there to leave them out of the consideration totally.

To be honest, we were getting linked to left backs, so the club was trying, still surprising we didn't get anyone on a short deal.

Still rather have Nuno then Kuzarwa or one of the guys who left Palace on a free and on Cedric level wages or deals.

Strange Saka didn't feature there either, think he only played there after Villareal? Can't remember.

it's just that sometimes we just want to get the situation done and over with, Kola wanted to move back to Schalke and now AMN wants the playing time he needs to have a career somewhere.

Both ocasions the club didn't stand in their way.

Last edited:

drippin

I just can't wrap my head around if they loan him straightaway, when they could do it at the end of the month.

Xhaka & Sambi, plus Ødegaard as CMF? That will mean that ESR will play central, which he is not ready yet imo. And that Patino might feature, and I don't think he is ready for EPL.

What proper rumours have there really been for midfielders?

I can't believe they would be so stupid to not think about the lack of players in our midfield due to AFCON.

Goonger

I just can't wrap my head around if they loan him straightaway, when they could do it at the end of the month.

Xhaka & Sambi, plus Ødegaard as CMF? That will mean that ESR will play central, which he is not ready yet imo. And that Patino might feature, and I don't think he is ready for EPL.

What proper rumours have there really been for midfielders?

I can't believe they would be so stupid to not think about the lack of players in our midfield due to AFCON.

To be honest, you are right, they must be working on something.

No way, in the middle of rising cases in a pandemic with players dropping like flies, & Elneny & Partey at AFCON, are the going to leave us with literally 2 centre midfielders.

Would be madness.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To be honest, you are right, they must be working on something.

No way, in the middle of rising cases in a pandemic with players dropping like flies, & Elneny & Partey at AFCON, are the going to leave us with literally 2 centre midfielders.

Would be madness.
It would indeed be madness, but there is very little noise in terms of incoming transfers. Hopefully, something will materialise rapidly....

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Loan or sell him, just do whatever we can do to get him off the books.

Delighted for AMN that this is finally happening.

drippin

It would indeed be madness, but there is very little noise in terms of incoming transfers. Hopefully, something will materialise rapidly....
In recent windows there have been some sudden developments in transfer area, out of the blue. So there's hoping.

At least Kamara and Zakaria have contracts ending next summer, so the clubs might want some money.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
In between my intern duties for the Athletic, I caught some live footage from today's training session at the Colney.

Alright, I’m gonna be the one to say it. Vince McMahon deserves a special place in hell for all the audacious stuff he’s managed to pull off in Wresting…and I absolutely love him for it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

In between my intern duties for the Athletic, I caught some live footage from today's training session at the Colney.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saka and Laca only just about haning on in the first eleven because Mikel wouldn't have a job without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom