• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
And this is the issue. The manager has to calm the team down. I understand they're young and being in your first real title race can be nervy but you don't just forget what got you to that point. They gave the game away today through being sloppy defensively and being frightened whenever a chance presented itself.
To me, its because we were brave enough to play our game against a very high quality opposition. Maybe its naivety to some extent and definitely an execution issue, but were not frightened as we tried to play. Otherwise, Ramsdale would have just been kicking it long if we were frightened.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Im seeing a lot of similarities with Cesc and we know how that ended

If the management don’t match the ambition of the player they will go -it is what it is
Well to compete with City and all the other teams long term and consistently we are going to need to upgrade 6, 8 and at least another top number 9/wide player.

Can we get Rice, Bellingham and Leao next summer? That's what we will need to mount proper consistent challenges.

Diesel

This is a problem too. Saka is a wonderful player, bless his little heart and good on him for stepping up yet again and delivering form the spot. That said, it is so unfair the way he's being asked to carry the burden of a flailing system that is making his job harder, not easier. Henry wasn't asked to do this much heavy lifting. It's ridiculous. The way we set up makes it easy for teams to just double up on him and force him to either take a tough shot or give the ball up to a less capable teammate. There are no new ideas to free him up. At least if you're asking him to save you then try to ease the burden but no, neither Arteta nor his teammates are doing that.

There is no such thing as franchise player in football u need to get them support.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Top four looks good but doubt we are winning Europa - don't rate Arteta or this team in Europe.

Arteta already proved he can win a cup, we won't be playing a team as good at the City side we beat in 2020 too...and one of our biggest rivals for it will be going out next round anyway, as United play Barca.

Wouldn't rule us out of winning the Europa, this team has quality and with Jesus back and fit then, he could be the x-factor.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Im seeing a lot of similarities with Cesc and we know how that ended

If the management don’t match the ambition of the player they will go -it is what it is
I think we have a bit less to worry about with Saka just in the sense that there is no team out there like Barcelona to attract him. City are under investigation and he'd never go to Chelsea or Utd so I think he'll stay and fight. Where I see an unfavorable parallel with Cesc is Ødegaard. Cesc would never have had so few touches in a half in a game with these implications. It was not in his DNA to hide. Ødegaard's disappearance in the 2nd half was criminal. Forget his role as the provider, as a captain you cannot be that anonymous in a match like this. You have to stand up and show your teammates that you as a leader are not hiding. Saka is the only player who never goes hiding. All the rest are capable of it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You can be positive, but without some realism you are most likely just gonna open yourself up to more pain than necessary.

We haven't won the league since 2004, have only challenged for it once since we moved grounds in 2006, you also have to be think with your head and not your heart...we have the youngest squad and manager in the league and despite all that exciting ability we have, "knowing" how to win is a skill we still need to learn.

Look at last season and how we crumbled near the end for Top Four, but we learned next season and have secured it now...sometimes you need to fall, before you can achieve something...maybe that's a good omen for next year.

If we get Top Four and win the Europa, we should praise this team and not bash them for falling short against a team like City.
And then we should get Rice and another top midfielder, phase Partey and Xhaka out and another top wide player/number 9.

Gervais

Established Member
So you feel the pressure today was the same as against Brentford?

Or the same against Everton?

The early half of the season there is always less pressure as there is time to recover. It's also the time when the league table is abit all over the place. New players are bedding in etc.

The second half of the season always has more pressure and more crucial games.

The last 6 games last season where not the same as the first 6 games last season in terms of pressure.

We are second at the moment. And until we show we can win a game again you have to worry. 4 games without a win is not a good sign.
When we’re top of the league, yes, I feel pressure in every single game, no more or no less - regardless of opponent. Every game is a cup final.

I can’t see into the future and I don’t know if we’ll continue to lose matches or if we’ll start winning again. I’m just trying to be objective. The whole point I’ve tried to get across is that there is no reason for people to act like fannies and have a hissy fit because we lost to the current champions and arguably the best team in the world - who, I might add, we’re currently going toe to toe with.

It is just as likely we turn it around this weekend and shaft Villa 4-0, as it is for us to lose a dour 1-0. Whilst we’re still up there and with a good chance of winning our first title in 19 years, there shouldn’t be such a resigned and somber mood after a slight blip.

Batman

There is no such thing as franchise player in football u need to get them support.
Oh really? So every team that wins things just has a bunch of players on the same level with no standouts who push them on? Messi is just one of the guys, is he? Henry? Zidane? CR7? R9? KDB? Ronaldinho? Cruyff? Pele? Maradona? Not franchise players then? Yeah they all need support just as every franchise player in every sport needs support.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When we’re top of the league, yes, I feel pressure in every single game, no more or no less - regardless of opponent. Every game is a cup final.

I can’t see into the future and I don’t know if we’ll continue to lose matches or if we’ll start winning again. I’m just trying to be objective. The whole point I’ve tried to get across is that there is no reason for people to act like fannies and have a hissy fit because we lost to the current champions and arguably the best team in the world - who, I might add, we’re currently going toe to toe with.

It is just as likely we turn it around this weekend and shaft Villa 4-0, as it is for us to lose a dour 1-0. Whilst we’re still up there and with a good chance of winning our first title in 19 years, there shouldn’t be such a resigned and somber mood after a slight blip.
Rubbish mate. Tonight's game was a hell of a lot more pressure knowing that if they won they went above us, than playing Brentford at home knowing whatever the result we were still top with a small margin. And expecting to beat Brentford too.

A slight blip isn't taking 1 point from 9 in a title race. Villa away this weekend will be a huge eye opener from some. We won't be winning 4-0 that's for sure.

Batman

To me, its because we were brave enough to play our game against a very high quality opposition. Maybe its naivety to some extent and definitely an execution issue, but were not frightened as we tried to play. Otherwise, Ramsdale would have just been kicking it long if we were frightened.
Tomi's giveaway was panic. Gabriel's giveaway was panic. Xhaka misplaying every pass in the final third was panic. The moment was too big for them. They couldn't even do basic things properly.

IrishGooner93

Scary echoes of the Fabregas years of a young promising team leading the league only to crumble after Xmas. Last 10 years of Wenger a weak mentality underscored us and after last seasons and this seasons apparent collapse it seems it still here.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arteta already proved he can win a cup, we won't be playing a team as good at the City side we beat in 2020 too...and one of our biggest rivals for it will be going out next round anyway, as United play Barca.

Wouldn't rule us out of winning the Europa, this team has quality and with Jesus back and fit then, he could be the x-factor.
Arteta got outplayed by Ruud's PSV away from home. Barca is too strong for him at the moment.

IrishGooner93

Tomi's giveaway was panic. Gabriel's giveaway was panic. Xhaka misplaying every pass in the final third was panic. The moment was too big for them. They couldn't even do basic things properly.
Those three guys in particular are mentally fragile. Come crunch time there's mistakes and panic in them, time and time again.

Diesel

Oh really? So every team that wins things just has a bunch of players on the same level with no standouts who push them on? Messi is just one of the guys, is he? Henry? Zidane? CR7? R9? KDB? Ronaldinho? Cruyff? Pele? Maradona? Not franchise players then? Yeah they all need support just as every franchise player in every sport needs support.

And those fellas above didn't play with any other non hall of fame players. Did it all themselves yeah.

Saka is great but way below those all timers lol. U could have used more realistic level players. Rooney, Ribery, Robben.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Another really annoying thing we have been doing lately is looking for the linesman or the ref to give us a foul each time we go down.

Play to the whistle. We just seem to be too highly wound up as a team and it’s not healthy.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I think we have a bit less to worry about with Saka just in the sense that there is no team out there like Barcelona to attract him. City are under investigation and he'd never go to Chelsea or Utd so I think he'll stay and fight. Where I see an unfavorable parallel with Cesc is Ødegaard. Cesc would never have had so few touches in a half in a game with these implications. It was not in his DNA to hide. Ødegaard's disappearance in the 2nd half was criminal. Forget his role as the provider, as a captain you cannot be that anonymous in a match like this. You have to stand up and show your teammates that you as a leader are not hiding. Saka is the only player who never goes hiding. All the rest are capable of it.
Ødegaard is not elite. We need better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Bayern Munich are monitoring developments on Oleksandr Zinchenko [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom