• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let's be honest we've given away a lot of clear goalscoring opportunities lately and gotten away with it. At some stage we needed to do something about that before we came up against a team with the players to hurt us.

This is what we need to expect if we qualify for the CL because you cannot keep giving quality teams 3-4 clear cut chances per game.

baccy_man

Established Member
Once we pass the half way line with the ball it seems to get stuck there we start passing the ball backwards and forwards to the same players instead of playing the ball forwards to keep our attacks going it like we run out of ideas about what to do with the ball,
By the time we do start to play the ball forward again the opponents have got all of their players back and we end up facing a wall of players that we have to try and get through.

Badger_Revenge

OK. So Weds matches are hard for me to catch because of work. Should I make the time to watch this whole thing?

From the highlights it looks like Tomiyasu had a bit of a mare - a terrible back pass leading to an amazing (and a little bit lucky since it came off the bottom of his shin) one time strike from KDB and a deflection from his attempted block taking the Grealish shot past Ramsdale. He had to go for the block but he's frankly looked shaky in D since his return.

That open look and Edison's movement was begging for Nketiah nod it solidly back across goal, but he went for the more difficult glancing header. The penalty was a bit of an odd decision. Normally they don't give those if a shot on goal results from the action before the foul. I guess if the shot gets altered.

I was worried about the defense leading up to this match. We have been giving up chances. Partey was a loss.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Adam Mckola is a little Weasel and his views don't deserve any attention

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Bucephalus

It's been two days, so I'm finally ready to say something about it. You know what? We looked good. Really good.

We stood toe to toe with one of the two best teams in the world, and we looked the part. There were significant stretches of the game where we were controlling it, and City looked more afraid of us than we were of them. When was the last time that happened? We had more possession. That hasn't happened for us against City in the better part of a decade. We created (by ourselves, as opposed to pouncing on errors) more chances by far. Sure, they scored three goals. But it wasn't because of our tactical naivety, or our defense getting torn apart by a better, more creative team. All three were from mistakes on the ball in our defensive third, trying to out-City City at possession football. **** happens, but for 90 minutes, City never looked particularly close to breaking us down on their own. When was the last time you could say that?

In terms of the title chase, it's a gut punch. But we're still even on points, with a game in hand at home against Everton. It's not over. In terms of "the process"? I'll say it again, we looked good, really good. The result sucked, but we are clearly going in the right direction, and faster than I thought was possible.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It needs to be me. I want a straightener with him. And that Rantz guy too.

Biggest Arsenal haters on the web.

You know something? I hope we draw Yanited in the EL at some point. I wanna ****ing smash them and kick them out of Europe.

They'll play like a relegation team against us, nick a goal and look to hold on for dear life. If they do hold on, then they are an "elite team" and have "humbled us". Such cowardly football.

We need to invest upfront in the summer, and bring in more support on the wings. This in addition to midfield of course.

We should be out of sight of these defensive-counter attack big teams before they even know what's happening.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
They'll play like a relegation team against us, nick a goal and look to hold on for dear life. If they do hold on, then they are an "elite team" and have "humbled us". Such cowardly football.

We need to invest upfront in the summer, and bring in more support on the wings. This in addition to midfield of course.

We should be out of sight of these defensive-counter attack big teams before they even know what's happening.

Bro.. you got it spot on. COWARDLY FOOTBALL. They played like a glorified Stoke against us.

glitchform

Of course I’m optimistic, that’s what supporting a football team in a title races involves :lol:

And I don’t need a stranger on an Arsenal forum to validate my English skills. I know full well what being objective is and absolutely nothing I’ve said in that post was contrary to that.

Facts are facts and if people want to ignore them to push whatever agenda it is they have, then fair enough, but I’ll still call it out regardless.

Just so many facts is useless info. You can't make a case like this, especially as the facts in the premier league are extremely transitory.

However having said that:

1) we didn't sign sufficient cover for Partey. THIS IS A FACT. Jorginho is good, but does not have the same ability to anticipate breaking down our opponents.
2) In all the games we needed him to start, Arteta has subbed on Trossard in the 2nd half. THIS IS A FACT. what is also a fact is that when Trossard comes on, our attack immediately becomes more fluid, given martineli's poor form (a hopefully transitory fact.)
3) project deadwood means we don't have proper rotation at the moment. this is a fact but to an extent inevitable as we aren't financial doping FC like city. This requires to play to our strengths. We haven't done so. We might win the battle like that but not the war for the league title.
4) It is likely that city will drop points, but it's equally lucky that we could be facing (a by now reinvigorated) United as a threat. Then what? This actualy makes it even more imperative that someone like Jesus comes back, but again he cannot carry the team on his hind legs.

If you're just going to dismiss these concerns with 'look at league table facts bro' then how do you expect to have a shred of foresight, no matter how imperfect it is?

Chris Red

Player:Ødegaard
It's been two days, so I'm finally ready to say something about it. You know what? We looked good. Really good.

We stood toe to toe with one of the two best teams in the world, and we looked the part. There were significant stretches of the game where we were controlling it, and City looked more afraid of us than we were of them. When was the last time that happened? We had more possession. That hasn't happened for us against City in the better part of a decade. We created (by ourselves, as opposed to pouncing on errors) more chances by far. Sure, they scored three goals. But it wasn't because of our tactical naivety, or our defense getting torn apart by a better, more creative team. All three were from mistakes on the ball in our defensive third, trying to out-City City at possession football. **** happens, but for 90 minutes, City never looked particularly close to breaking us down on their own. When was the last time you could say that?

In terms of the title chase, it's a gut punch. But we're still even on points, with a game in hand at home against Everton. It's not over. In terms of "the process"? I'll say it again, we looked good, really good. The result sucked, but we are clearly going in the right direction, and faster than I thought was possible.
I agree with you. I would just add a point. The absence of Jesus. Nketiah did very well, against United for exemple. Though, he has not the technical skills of Jesus, and the team miss the ability of the Gabriel Jesus, especially in that kind of games. I would have liked to see Arsenal facing Man City with him.

However, it's very sad to see that it was just a matter of defensive mistakes. City was not playing a great game, they looked a bit shy, hoping that Haaland would do something by himself. The only player who disappointed me a little was Xhaka, he did a good game but he missed a few opportunities which could have changed the result. Like an accurate pass i nsecond half or a shot he did not take. Just a few details like this, but yeah Xhaka is not De Bruyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom