• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel like pure ****...

...just want an attacker like this again 😥

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Absolutely bang on about the recent defending, starting to remind me of the bad old days.

Man City has won every league title bar one since 2018 so they have always been a fairly decent bet. It's a pretty dismal situation for the Premiership if you think about it. If they win this year it's 5 out of 6 league titles, we need a hero step forward and stop them.
Yeah every team goes through these patches unfortunately, hopefuuly sooner rather then later but we'll get back to our best again eventually. All of a sudden Man City players and fans will probably think they've automatically won the PL again. We get back to our best & we still have a good chance to win.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Well there you go, we probably did play a fair bit better then what the scoreline suggests, once again we hardly just took the advantage of our chances & we made a fair few too many mistakes in our backline compared to how we had done in the 1st half of the season.

MikeVinna

Established Member
The mistakes at the back and carelessly giving the ball away so many times is unsustainable. Felt like the Arsenal of old..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You don't make mistakes Against man city and get away with it they have elite footballers we did same against everton we gift 3 chances before HT but they have scrub footballers Brentford too and they missed man city aren't gonna miss just look how de Bruyne took that error it wasn't easy finish at all. We can't keep doing that not when you competing young team i understand that but they been doing great work for 19 games just get back to what you were doing.

We have many players look World cup took toll on them Ramsdale and white not been same tomi too xhaka look very exhausted Martinelli his energy and directness all disappeared Saliba form gone down too the only player world cup didn't affect him is Saka. Not only us most teams look affected

Riou

Even an Alexis or Arshavin level player probably wins us that game yesterday. If we had an Henry caliber player we would have 60 points or more.

Was such a one of a kind player Thierry, even in that clip the way he scratches his head when Kanu misses just oozed charisma/hilariousness...man had everything!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Was such a one of a kind player Thierry, even in that clip the way he scratches his head when Kanu misses just oozed charisma/hilariousness...man had everything!
Absolutely. He was intimidating to opponent and teammate alike. Have you ever read his biography, 'Lonely at the Top' ? I think it does a fantastic job of explaining his psyche and how wanting to impress his father drove him as a player and there are some cool insights into his time at Clairefontaine as well. You really get a picture of where that on pitch demeanor and all of that ability came from.

Riou

Absolutely. He was intimidating to opponent and teammate alike. Have you ever read his biography, 'Lonely at the Top' ? I think it does a fantastic job of explaining his psyche and how wanting to impress his father drove him as a player and there are some cool insights into his time at Clairefontaine as well. You really get a picture of where that on pitch demeanor and all of that ability came from.

For all the super talent he has, it is Thierry's mindset as player that impresses me the most.

When Arsène used to call him the Michael Jordan of football, as a kid I just thought he was referring to his world class ability...but as you get older and read about him, you realise how Wenger was mainly referring to how driven Thierry was to succeed...like Jordan, he probably would have killed people if it meant getting the win 😅

You can see why he achieved so much in terms of trophies and individual accolades, one of the best ever to play the game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For all the super talent he has, it is Thierry's mindset as player that impresses me the most.

When Arsène used to call him the Michael Jordan of football, as a kid I just thought he was referring to his world class ability...but as you get older and read about him, you realise how Wenger was mainly referring to how driven Thierry was to succeed...like Jordan, he probably would have killed people if it meant getting the win 😅

You can see why he achieved so much in terms of trophies and individual accolades, one of the best ever to play the game.
The thing with Henry was he made the difference on his own. It wasn't like oh....he needed Pires, Bergkamp and Freddie to do x y and z. Obviously it helped but think of the goals against Liverpool. Against Sp**s. Basically running back to where Vieira should be and saying give me the ball.

Then going on to beat about half a dozen players via pace, strength and pure will to win. There isn't a single player in our team even close to that. To be honest there aren't many in the league at all like that.

Salah the odd time has shown that kind of skill but not as often as TH14.

We were do lucky back then with those players. I just wish I'd been abit older (I was around 12-16) to really understand and appreciate what I was watching.

Batman

I've always enjoyed listening to great athletes speak about the mental aspect of their games. You mentioned MJ who was my biggest hero growing up and the late great Kobe Bryant were 2 guys who were psychotic in their desire to win and I loved listening to them break down the little intricacies of their craft. I love listening to Thierry the analyst now breaking down his thought process in terms of how you set the defender up and what the counter is if the defender anticipates the first move you make because you see what separates good from truly great, preparation and adaptation borne in the mind.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I've always enjoyed listening to great athletes speak about the mental aspect of their games. You mentioned MJ who was my biggest hero growing up and the late great Kobe Bryant were 2 guys who were psychotic in their desire to win and I loved listening to them break down the little intricacies of their craft. I love listening to Thierry the analyst now breaking down his thought process in terms of how you set the defender up and what the counter is if the defender anticipates the first move you make because you see what separates good from truly great, preparation and adaptation borne in the mind.
There's a decent podcast on Spotify "The high performance" podcast. Jonny Wilkinson was on it not so long ago and it was interesting to here the mindset.

I'd love to apply even 20-30% of that to my daily life but its just a completely different mentality. That burning need to do the extra work and give that 1% more every day.

Van Persie was on to talking about his son. How he called his son a loser for blaming the manager and his team mates and everything. Was great to here how he was making his kid rethink everything to do with himself and his football and i think his son was only like 10 or 11. No arm around the shoulder. Hard truths which in turn worked.

Riou

We were do lucky back then with those players. I just wish I'd been abit older (I was around 12-16) to really understand and appreciate what I was watching.

Yeah football will never feel like that again for me, even though I will always love Arsenal...but that period was everything I love about the game.

Wish I was older too, and started to support Arsenal in the 1990s rather than the 2000s so I could get all our golden period...but I am so honoured to be able to say I got to watch our Invincible season in 03/04 as a 11/12 year old, was an amazing experience.

Batman

There's a decent podcast on Spotify "The high performance" podcast. Jonny Wilkinson was on it not so long ago and it was interesting to here the mindset.

I'd love to apply even 20-30% of that to my daily life but its just a completely different mentality. That burning need to do the extra work and give that 1% more every day.

Van Persie was on to talking about his son. How he called his son a loser for blaming the manager and his team mates and everything. Was great to here how he was making his kid rethink everything to do with himself and his football and i think his son was only like 10 or 11. No arm around the shoulder. Hard truths which in turn worked.
Yeah, I've listened to a couple of episodes, it's interesting. I think that mindset is great in some aspects but it also has drawbacks. I personally have been that level of competitive in sports for most of my life(obviously at a much lower level with no real stakes) and while it can definitely help you achieve things, it also takes its toll. I remember Kobe saying that the difference between himself and Michael was that there are certain things that he personally didn't care about competing over. On the court, he was trying to kill you and in the gym he was trying to kill you because that was a part of killing you on the court but that was where it ended for him whereas Michael wants to beat you at cards, golf and every other activity there is.

When I was a kid, I would get so mad at losing games that I'd have explosive blowups. If I passed someone the ball and they didn't do something with it I would give them hell. It got to a point where my mom who was the lax parent sat me down and told me that I was embarrassing myself and had to sort things out or I wouldn't be able to play and that she was the one taking the lead on disciplining me was jarring enough to help me reign it in to be productive rather than destructive. I can imagine that for these guys playing at an elite level with real stakes, there are certainly benefits to that level of drive but also real drawbacks in terms of how it affects your interpersonal relationships so there's a balance that has to be struck for it to be healthy and in many ways that extreme a mindset is not great for an ordinary person on a day to day basis.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Then going on to beat about half a dozen players via pace, strength and pure will to win. There isn't a single player in our team even close to that. To be honest there aren't many in the league at all like that.

Think you're forgetting about a certain Mr Elneny fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom