• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Agreed with this ... pep being arteta isnt really the problem it was the adjustments. Looked naive and way to trusting. Arteta in love with certain players. I get it u go through thick and thin with guys like xhaka n gabriel. Wish he himself could take his own advice and believe he can change a few things. Ode needs an option that can rotate in.... annoyed with our lack of cutting edge. The more we miss the more the heads drop.
Loyalty is great until it's not. Players will understand if they need to be rotated or even dropped. KDB was fuming on the bench and he has more of a resume than anyone at this club. I'm also quite sure he and Pep get on well enough given what they've achieved. That didn't stop Pep from doing what he felt needed to be done for the team. Anyone in our XI should understand that they can be dropped or rotated if that's what suits the team in that moment and they don't have to be happy about it but they all have to be pulling towards a common goal. Arteta should have the self belief to know he can do it and not lose their commitment and if he does then you know that's not a player to be counted on and that makes your life easier in a sense as well.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Tomi's giveaway was panic. Gabriel's giveaway was panic. Xhaka misplaying every pass in the final third was panic. The moment was too big for them. They couldn't even do basic things properly.
Wasnt panic IMO, it was either being rusty and a combination of loss of confidence and being out of form when playing a top side who press well. To say it was panic make it sounds we have been playing brilliantly with confidence for weeks, but all of a sudden starting mislaying passes today because we could not mentally handle playing City. These errors would not have occurred when we were in top form at the start of the season. We have been making lots of errors on the ball for weeks; just haven't been as ruthlessly punished against sides like Brentford and Everton.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
1 shot on target doesn’t tell the story. We actually had many great opportunities but either the finishing was wayward or we didn’t shoot. Eddie missed 3 guilt edge chances. Tomiyasu should have shot in to the ground. Saka hesitated or delayed too long to shoot when in front of goal, same with Xhaka.
At the other end we made many mistakes. Tomi, Gabriel, Zinchenko etc.

More than anything, it was nerves that let the team down. Not tactics or ability.

The league’s not over in February. Long way to go yet. Stay positive.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

tumblr_muay82WrQT1rm9sqwo7_400.gifv.gif

The lot of them.

Made an ordinary Citeh look, for the lack of a better word, invincible.

Just secure top 4 so we can institute wholesale changes in the summer.

Tnegs

Wasnt panic IMO, it was either being rusty and a combination of loss of confidence and being out of form when playing a top side who press well. To say it was panic make it sounds we have been playing brilliantly with confidence for weeks, but all of a sudden starting mislaying passes today because we could not mentally handle playing City. These errors would not have occurred when we were in top form at the start of the season. We have been making lots of errors on the ball for weeks; just haven't been as ruthlessly punished against sides like Brentford and Everton.
There wasn’t any pressure at the start of the season so they could play with freedom. The pressure is on now and you can see the effect it has on the team. How else would you explain so many players making elementary mistakes in one game? The occasion got to them they couldn’t handle it and games like this area decided on such margins. Arteta has to sort this team out before they blow it.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

You can be positive, but without some realism you are most likely just gonna open yourself up to more pain than necessary.

We haven't won the league since 2004, have only challenged for it once since we moved grounds in 2006, you also have to be think with your head and not your heart...we have the youngest squad and manager in the league and despite all that exciting ability we have, "knowing" how to win is a skill we still need to learn.

Look at last season and how we crumbled near the end for Top Four, but we learned next season and have secured it now...sometimes you need to fall, before you can achieve something...maybe that's a good omen for next year.

If we get Top Four and win the Europa, we should praise this team and not bash them for falling short against a team like City.

Not happening either.

United are there & I expect them to win it again.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We've actually come a long way since the games where we were blown away in these games.

The immaturity and the lack of quality in our finishing showed last night, but I do think a bit of perspective is needed.

We were the better side for parts of the game, and had our finishing been better, we would have had something to show for it.

Yes, this is a damaging defeat for our title hopes, but there is a lot to play for still.

GLITCH

Did you lot really expect us to win tonight???!

The wheels have well and truly come off I’m afraid. We look nervy, players are out of form, the energy, intensity and confidence has diminished, teams know how to better set up against us, the pressure has well and truly cranked up and most of the officials and media have it in for us. Recipe for a major collapse. Arteta will get outthought by Emery and the players will get outfought by his Villa team on Saturday. Unless we see a reaction reminiscent of wounded animals I can’t look past a Villa win. Seen this film too many times.

All the more remarkable when you consider the position we were in just a few weeks ago. How do you go from beating Brighton, Spuds and United to then managing only a point from Everton, Brentford and your league rival, from two home games??? Can’t even use the cup games distraction as an excuse.
Perhaps they've gone from only focusing on themselves and going game by game, to getting ahead of themselves. They looked like they were just enjoying football first half of the season. No shame in finishing second to City, but it'll be a bit embarassing if we finish third in what looked like a two-horse race.

Bloodbather

Established Member

i'd say we gave them the win with those two mistakes, but then Nketiah missing those two headers is also down to quality so maybe he's right
The way KDB converted that chance given away by Tomi is pure quality as well. Not an easy finish by any means.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Them disrupting our press as they did is what upset us here, it was very good from City to change their shape the way they did, and stifle us like that in the first phase.

No excuses but our team is still not complete, it’s in these types of situations where a presence to target upfront would have been helpful and us giving them something to think about closer to their goal, as they would need to protect the knock downs.

City are a top team, they showed it tonight. But for them, like us, they won’t be given the opportunity to press as they pressed us today.

Also on our side, we must not allow teams to do this to us again, eliminate the danger in the first phase by going longer, if our build up is disrupted as severely.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think Brentford, Merseyside Derby and last night showed that too much was made about the new manager bounce against Everton. People just used it as an excuse to cope with our deficiencies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think Brentford, Merseyside Derby and last night showed that too much was made about the new manager bounce against Everton. People just used it as an excuse to cope with our deficiencies.

Every team has deficiencies.

Lots to play for in this league, teams are still going to slip up when they should not. The question is whether we will be there to take advantage of them.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We were the better side first half and City second its simple, and they scored the chances they got and we didnt thats why we lost the game which was not needed. but the quality of our first half and second was a big big difference. They have top quality on the bench to and we havent.

I also think Pep did his tactics very well by packing the midfield.

We already knew before the start of the season City is the team to beat and not Arsenal. hopefully we can build on from here and finish as strong as possible.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
It has to be said, even though there are other reasons why we didn't win tonight - if the referee shows Ederson a second yellow for the nealty, we don't lose this game.

I always though a faul like that should be a second yellow.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

1 shot on target doesn’t tell the story. We actually had many great opportunities but either the finishing was wayward or we didn’t shoot. Eddie missed 3 guilt edge chances. Tomiyasu should have shot in to the ground. Saka hesitated or delayed too long to shoot when in front of goal, same with Xhaka.
At the other end we made many mistakes. Tomi, Gabriel, Zinchenko etc.

More than anything, it was nerves that let the team down. Not tactics or ability.

The league’s not over in February. Long way to go yet. Stay positive.
Your boy messed up plenty of attacks with his indecisiveness, want to hear you say it as you love choking on his D when he plays well.

Gervais

Established Member
No, you're just trying to be optimistic. Which is cool, but optimism and objectivity aren't the same thing. go back to English class.
Of course I’m optimistic, that’s what supporting a football team in a title races involves :lol:

And I don’t need a stranger on an Arsenal forum to validate my English skills. I know full well what being objective is and absolutely nothing I’ve said in that post was contrary to that.

Facts are facts and if people want to ignore them to push whatever agenda it is they have, then fair enough, but I’ll still call it out regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom