• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He's dope man, people are sleeping big time. Can't speak long term, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't take Martinelli's spot for the remainder of this season.
I’d like to see Trossard start a game and see how he gets on - he’s done well each time he’s come on as a sub.

Martinelli was the right choice to start last night - he was far more effective against City in that first half in the space he was granted - against Villa and absent Jesus he‘ll likely struggle again. but this is the point of rotation.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yesterday waking up. 10/10 buzzing for the match. Full of hope, expectation, excitement, praying for a good result. The chance to stamp our mark on the league and shut weasels like Gary Neville up.

Today waking up depressed, like the morning after a full session and full of the fear. Afraid to think about what happened. Sitting now second in the league. Confidence in tatters and reaffirming what all those weasels like Gary Neville said.

Seeing United fans happy that City won so that they are still in a race too makes it even worse.

Can it be yesterday again?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I’d like to see Trossard start a game and see how he gets on - he’s done well each time he’s come on as a sub.

Martinelli was the right choice to start last night - he was far more effective against City in that first half in the space he was granted - against Villa and absent Jesus he‘ll likely struggle again. but this is the point of rotation.

We need that ability to pull sides to our left, in addition to our right. Trossard rotating with Martinelli and Xhaka could help with that. The question I have with Trossard is whether he drops deep into midfield like Eddie and Jesus do, because we need that option as well.

This team is crying out for Felix, we should have done that deal in January.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We need to be able to mix it up and go long, and play for knock-downs etc on games like the second half of last night's when we're are suffocated in our first phase.

Need one or two attackers with physical presence.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So pissed off this morning. They beat us with Bernardo Silva at left back. BERNARDO ****ING SILVA. How can we not adapt to that ridiculous scenario?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Not focusing on City's second half shape change as much, but it does highlight how we are adaptable in both offensive and defensive situations. The variety we need for space creation is there, we need to execute it better.

Tighter blocks will of course be harder to work with, so Arteta has his work cut out.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m not hearing all this praise that Man City are receiving, this is the same City side that lost to a poor Sp**s team not too long ago, got beat at Old Trafford and Anfield earlier in the season when Salah spun their defence.

The occasion itself got to many of our players and they were too emotional/jittery. It was so reminiscent of how those Utd sides under Alex Ferguson would come to Emirates, let us play, bide their time to pounce on mistakes and bully us off the ball. It felt like I saw that same game played so many times in the past 15 years or so.

Anyways, I said it in January, Trossard is a decent signing but I think we need a real star quality player on the left flank. Just look at how City were shivering and trying to batter Saka whenever he got the ball. Had we signed a top class player on the left, it would have took pressure off Saka and caused Pep many problems similar to Liverpool having Salah and Sadio Mane.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We lost due to defensive errors and a lack of grit up front. Also, I think the nerves of the occasion got to us.

That being said, we should be very proud and nobody knows how the PL will go. I've seen City's fixture list and that's far from easy as well. Plus they'll probably go deep in all competitions. We HAVE to beat Villa away to get our heads up again, beat Everton at home after that as our game in hand and that would put us 3 points ahead of City minimum.

Also, let's not forget to enjoy the fact that we've come this far and are really enjoying matches with nerves. We're almost on 160 pages on a match in the PL, the match yesterday reminded me of the Leicester game in 2016 or the CL matches in the past (Barcelona 2011, United 2009). We might have lost but this is far better than what it has been. We all were cynical when Watford created 20 chances against us, now at least there's proper excitement.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
The first half, we played well because Pep tried to use something new with Bernando Silva at LB. We have a lot of space for Saka and Martinelli. Jorginho and Xhaka controled easilly the midfield;
But Pep realized this problem in the second half, he subbed Mahrez and sent Ankanji. and now Saka was marked by Ake, with Bernando Silva - Rodri - KDB , they easilly beat Ødegaard-Jorginho-Xhaka.
Ødegaard is poor yesterday, Jorginho-Xhaka are too slow if we compare with Bernando and KDB.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

We need that ability to pull sides to our left, in addition to our right. Trossard rotating with Martinelli and Xhaka could help with that. The question I have with Trossard is whether he drops deep into midfield like Eddie and Jesus do, because we need that option as well.

This team is crying out for Felix, we should have done that deal in January.
Yes, but compared to Martin’s loan it would have been very expensive, with no clear path to a purchase, because Todd would just lhave done another madness at the end of season. When FFP abusers settle on a player money talks, unless that player has a connection with or really buys into your project.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyways, I said it in January, Trossard is a decent signing but I think we need a real star quality player on the left flank

Agreed.

Think we need someone who is both playing football at a very high level, but also someone who has hopefully written a dissertation on it at sometime...shows a very high football IQ that.

Not sure if one is our there though as it is being kept very quiet, our scouting will have to be on point this summer...

Riou

Not happening either.

United are there & I expect them to win it again.

We should have no fear of United this season, they are a good team that need to be respected but nothing more.

They might not even make it to the next round, but even if they do they aren't City/Bayern level anyway...we definitely have the capabilities to beat them.

Gillaroo

We are too bloody nice to team mates that f*** things up. For both mistakes the players got support and an arm round them where they should have had their ar**s kicked for what in part cost us what could have been a point. Imagine Keane or Vierra doing that back in the day! This is going to be a battle and we won’t win it by putting an arm round a team mate, wiping away a tear and telling them not to worry as Jesus will save us. Tommy looked like a scared rabbit and lacked the grit and composure under pressure. Should have been off at half time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We should have no fear of United this season, they are a good team that need to be respected but nothing more.

They might not even make it to the next round, but even if they do they aren't City/Bayern level anyway...we definitely have the capabilities to beat them.
United have 1 huge advantage as the squads aren't hugely different in quality.

And that advantage is winners. Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, are all winners of leagues and World cups/CL.

The likes of De Gea and probably Shaw and the likes of them won the EL with Mourinho. May have won the FA Cup that year too but I may be wrong.

Who in our team have actually won some significant trophies? Zinchenko? Jesus who isn't able to contribute. Not many more.

Riou

Also we need to all decide to refer to him as Fabio...

Vieira will never make it here

...as this should never be written on an Arsenal forum, just feels weird to say/type 😅

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We are too bloody nice to team mates that f*** things up. For both mistakes the players got support and an arm round them where they should have had their ar**s kicked for what in part cost us what could have been a point. Imagine Keane or Vierra doing that back in the day! This is going to be a battle and we won’t win it by putting an arm round a team mate, wiping away a tear and telling them not to worry as Jesus will save us. Tommy looked like a scared rabbit and lacked the grit and composure under pressure. Should have been off at half time.

None of these weaklings have an iota of their mettle or character to grab the game by the scruff of the neck!!

Riou

And that advantage is winners. Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, are all winners of leagues and World cups/CL.

The likes of De Gea and probably Shaw and the likes of them won the EL with Mourinho. May have won the FA Cup that year too but I may be wrong.

Who in our team have actually won some significant trophies? Zinchenko? Jesus who isn't able to contribute. Not many more.

Yeah, United do have the edge experience wise...but not like a City/Liverpool would, they are still beatable in my opinion.

In terms of trophies bar Jesus and Zinchenko in terms of starters, the only ones who have won silverware are Xhaka and Saka with the FA cup here, plus Partey with Atletico... though I hope Jorginho will add some more of that mentality too, think we have a very good chance at the Europa this season.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Precisely why I believe they're they overwhelming Europa League favorites.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah, United do have the edge experience wise...but not like a City/Liverpool would, they are still beatable in my opinion.

In terms of trophies bar Jesus and Zinchenko in terms of starters, the only ones who have won silverware are Xhaka and Saka with the FA cup here, plus Partey with Atletico... though I hope Jorginho will add some more of that mentality too, think we have a very good chance at the Europa this season.
We have the quality to beat United but equally they have the quality to beat us. Especially around that time if Eriksen is back and Sancho/Anthony pick up some form.

We do really need something to go with this season. Finishing say 2nd or 3rd and no trophy while good, is abit underwhelming given how well we have played this season. When you play this well and your rivals underperform you need to make it count with trophies.

Riou

We have the quality to beat United but equally they have the quality to beat us. Especially around that time if Eriksen is back and Sancho/Anthony pick up some form.

We do really need something to go with this season. Finishing say 2nd or 3rd and no trophy while good, is abit underwhelming given how well we have played this season. When you play this well and your rivals underperform you need to make it count with trophies.

Not getting a trophy after playing as well as we have would be so gutting.

Plus we basically gave up in both domestic cups without really trying, to make a dash at the league...you need to win something when you give up on other trophies, plus it's disgraceful our last European trophy was 1994 considering the size of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom