• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Mikel said yesterday he haven’t seen tomi made this back pass error last 7 years lol!

Not sure but something tell mikel wasn’t happy man in dressing room. These errors make managers lose thier s**t specially in big games.

Documentary showed that Mikel puts an arm round the shoulder of those who make errors. I think he was sympathetic. He probably gave the we did good in the middle but we lost it in both boxes speech to them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is unbelievably frustrating as you'd expect Saka to be taking that with his right foot, earlier in the season he would have. It's borderline but I think he's just about onside too. It's fine margins like this. We cut them wide open with this move.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I mean this season we have massively cut out the unforced errors , idiotic red cards and brain farts that infected our play for so many years.

Does feel like it’s creeping back in a little though, doesn’t it?
I think errors yes we been doing some BS stuff after the world cup discipline wise we been good we not losing our s**t. But those errors need to stop it'll cost us so much

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

This is unbelievably frustrating as you'd expect Saka to be taking that with his right foot, earlier in the season he would have. It's borderline but I think he's just about onside too. It's fine margins like this. We cut them wide open with this move.
I think he was bit offside but yeah i agree just unnecessary overplay it was nice build up as well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's still the same side that went on that great run. I'm not happy with the last 2-3 results but it's not time to panic.

Just cut out the element of sloppiness and silly errors that have crept into our game recently and we'll be fine.

A lot of people have underestimated just how good a side Man City still are, we've just got to get better. As simple as that.

The atmosphere in the stadium was phenomenal last night. Great to see.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think we had them in the first half, we were the better team...but the way both teams dealt with the other when not the dominate team, showed the difference.

City were wasting time and even just kicking it long in the first half, knowing they just had to get the ball away from their final third...while even when their press was causing us massive issues in the second half (and we had gotten lucky with a few loose passes) we still kept trying those eye of a needle through balls at the back and it cost us (plus we lost our composure in the attacking third too)

Think the players and coach just got done due to a lack of title fight experience more than anything, City weren't even great but played very smart...sometimes **** like that happens, especially to a young side.

Tom Mix

It's still the same side that went on that great run. I'm not happy with the last 2-3 results but it's not time to panic.

Just cut out the element of sloppiness and silly errors that have crept into our game recently and we'll be fine.

A lot of people have underestimated just how good a side Man City still are, we've just got to get better. As simple as that.

The atmosphere in the stadium was phenomenal last night. Great to see.
It was a great atmosphere. We never gave up. Even at 1-3 when we knew it was lost we never stopped cheering the lads and giving them every support.

Those internet plastics who moan about the emptying stadium have never been to the Emirates, especially on a weekday. Queues of over one hour to get into the tube, outside on the street packed like sardines come rain or snow.

I always stay to the end and applaud the players off, as I did last night, but I have a neat bus which takes me to my door. Still took an hour last night due to the appalling London traffic and the appalling London mayor.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Thought we actually played really really well the first half given the circumstances. The second half was a complete slump, I think that's where Arteta still has a lot to learn.

A month after I called out his lack of in-game management skills he does the same. He really should spice it up from time to time. Even my dead grandma knew we'd see Trossard for Martinelli sub.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Some fans acting not nice against de Bruyne when he was off throwing water bottles at him. Just why you try get yourself banned.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Of course experience matters, but Im telling you its not enough.

If Arsenal face United in the EL final, Casemiro, Varane, Martinez may be the difference. But the point Im making to you is that its not the most important aspect, in fact it probably wont matter at all how much Varane has won.. if he can't win his duel against Nketiah in a critical 1v1 situation that leads to a goal and lead gained.

Football at the highest level is determined by in game moments, tactical battles and advantages gained or lost in a split second. Composure and big game experience matters then of course... but first you need to get into those situations. That's where the system matters.

And this is why I back Arsenal this season. Because they have the system that is one of the best in the world right now, which will get them into good situations against most of their opponents. With that foundation in place, your importance on big game experience comes in, not before.
Again I repeat. I never said it was the most important thing.

Ten hag has a system. Arteta has a system.

I'm saying it may be that extra factor. That's all I said at the start and all I'm saying now.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Also I think you play either Eddie or Martinelli. The entire system is not capable of supporting two runners off the ball.

Or play a right-footed agile player behind them instead of Xhaka (Tross, ESR). Otherwise you have similar situation when we played with Auba-Pepe, or even before Poldi - Theo.

With the latter you at least had Giroud as a focal point and Cazorla and Özil together supporting them. So we could either go Eddie-Martinelli with Tross-Ode (sacrifice athleticism and physicality of Xhaka) or Trossard on the left and Eddie/Gabi CF. Makes no sense playing both. They also don't see each other most of the time.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Exactly why was De Bruyne not booked for shoving Mikel in the chest?
I would have gone down dramatically in the style of the referee Paul Alcock and called for the medical team. But sadly, they are friends and had a bit of a hug after the game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Again I repeat. I never said it was the most important thing.

Ten hag has a system. Arteta has a system.

I'm saying it may be that extra factor. That's all I said at the start and all I'm saying now.

We're on the same page then, great.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Oh well that was a bit of a disappointing performance compared to how we have played in general otherwise this season. I'm looking forward to our next win again. We can't say all of a sudden that Man City are going to win now, we are hardly half way through this season.

All 3 of their goals were too easy for them, last few weeks our defence has been so disappointing compared to how we were compared to the 1st half of the season. I'm looking forward to GJ getting back soon too. Our finishing this season has been pretty disappointing aswell with how many chances we have made unfortunately.

MA08

When we were leading by 5 points after 19 games there was a lot of time left in the title race.
When we are level after 22 games, there is still a lot of time left in the title race.
We were top because we beat most teams. We need to start doing it again. The most important game is the next one.. If we win the next i am certain we will win the league. because the next one is mentally the hardest. and winning that will reset the psychological impact of this game.

City has a lot of difficult games coming up. We have winnable games till March end. We should just win everything

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Oh well that was a bit of a disappointing performance compared to how we have played in general otherwise this season. I'm looking forward to our next win again. We can't say all of a sudden that Man City are going to win now, we are hardly half way through this season.

All 3 of their goals were too easy for them, last few weeks our defence has been so disappointing compared to how we were compared to the 1st half of the season. I'm looking forward to GJ getting back soon too. Our finishing this season has been pretty disappointing aswell with how many chances we have made unfortunately.
Absolutely bang on about the recent defending, starting to remind me of the bad old days.

Man City has won every league title bar one since 2018 so they have always been a fairly decent bet. It's a pretty dismal situation for the Premiership if you think about it. If they win this year it's 5 out of 6 league titles, we need a hero step forward and stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom