• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 3 Manchester City | Wednesday 15th, February | KO: 19:30 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_arsenalblog.jpg

If they win against villa and beat us, then we we're ****ed.

All our momentum have completely evaporated in a matter of 7 days.

We just need to do everything possible to avoid getting beat here otherwise goodbye to the title.

Amd also Martinelli shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch unless he's warming up imo. He's been stinking it up post world cup. Look at how massively we improved when Trossard. But he'll start. He's one of Arteta's untouchables.

Screenshot-20230211-182144.png

Screenshot-20230211-182200.png

Screenshot-20230211-182213.png

Screenshot-20230211-182226.png

cdbb6f82-06a2-4ea6-8762-e3291bcccb7e.png

Prediction
Arsenal 1-1 man city

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
United have 1 huge advantage as the squads aren't hugely different in quality.

And that advantage is winners. Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, are all winners of leagues and World cups/CL.

The likes of De Gea and probably Shaw and the likes of them won the EL with Mourinho. May have won the FA Cup that year too but I may be wrong.

Who in our team have actually won some significant trophies? Zinchenko? Jesus who isn't able to contribute. Not many more.

Yeah I dont think that is as much of a difference maker to be honest. Of course its great to have such experience in your dressing room and its important, but I dont think it counts for as much of a final impact as people would like to think.

Some examples? Look at Portugal, Argentina, England. These teams have multiple award winners in their team but they cannot consistently deliver at the top level. My thinking around why this is, is because confidence and belief is important, quality and ability is equally important or about as equally important.

The reason Leicester, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United in the 1990s with their kids, won their first leagues was because they had a technical system in place and the quality players to execute those systems. That led to belief and confidence to get the job done.

Its the same thing we have seen for the first 19 games of our season. A quality system and the resulting confidence in that.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Not getting a trophy after playing as well as we have would be so gutting.

Plus we basically gave up in both domestic cups without really trying, to make a dash at the league...you need to win something when you give up on other trophies, plus it's disgraceful our last European trophy was 1994 considering the size of the club.

This will always rankle especially looking at the European honours of those blue tw*ts down in West London.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This will always rankle especially looking at the European honours of those blue tw*ts down in West London.

Most of their Euro comps belong to the Russian government rather than honours they actually earned, imo.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah I dont think that is as much of a difference maker to be honest. Of course its great to have such experience in your dressing room and its important, but I dont think it counts for as much of a final impact as people would like to think.

Some examples? Look at Portugal, Argentina, England. These teams have multiple award winners in their team but they cannot consistently deliver at the top level. My thinking around why this is, is because confidence and belief is important, quality and ability is equally important or about as equally important.

The reason Leicester, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United in the 1990s with their kids, won their first leagues was because they had a technical system in place and the quality players to execute those systems. That led to belief and confidence to get the job done.

Its the same thing we have seen for the first 19 games of our season. A quality system and the resulting confidence in that.
International football in my opinion is completely different to club football.

While quality is the most important factor, when clubs are similar in quality things like past experience in big games matters. It mattered last night.

It matters in the CL final every year. A Real Madrid team, that is inferior to other teams, manage to find a way.

Fine margins make the difference and having a strong core of players who have played and won in major finals year on year could be the difference.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not getting a trophy after playing as well as we have would be so gutting.

Plus we basically gave up in both domestic cups without really trying, to make a dash at the league...you need to win something when you give up on other trophies, plus it's disgraceful our last European trophy was 1994 considering the size of the club.
Yeah it's always a gripe of mine. Especially when talking with fans from other countries who don't really support anyone in the PL. They've all seen and heard of United, Liverpool and Chelsea winning the CL and ELs. But never Arsenal.

So it's hard to say we are one of the biggest clubs in Europe when we haven't won a league in 19 years nor won a CL or a EL.

Even just 1 CL puts all that **** to bed but nope.

SA Gunner

International football in my opinion is completely different to club football.

While quality is the most important factor, when clubs are similar in quality things like past experience in big games matters. It mattered last night.

It matters in the CL final every year. A Real Madrid team, that is inferior to other teams, manage to find a way.

Fine margins make the difference and having a strong core of players who have played and won in major finals year on year could be the difference.

Why is it different? Its football isnt it?

What international football is showing you is the importance of having a quality system at play, that's why you see big stars like Messi and Ronaldo, struggle at the international stage. Because their national teams dont have the amount of time and attention given to their footballing system.

Look at Morocco in this past world cup. Again, hardly any stars in sight but were able to make it to the last 4 of the competition. Another working footballing system.

Real Madrid, in the final every season or close to every season. Has more to do with the fact that they have a footballing system that works, and is executed by top quality players.

Sp**s making a CL final, a working footballing system.

Ajax, setting the CL alight in the same season, with a bunch of kids.

Footballing systems are important to a team. If you have that, you have about 80% of the job done already.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
1 shot on target doesn’t tell the story. We actually had many great opportunities but either the finishing was wayward or we didn’t shoot. Eddie missed 3 guilt edge chances. Tomiyasu should have shot in to the ground. Saka hesitated or delayed too long to shoot when in front of goal, same with Xhaka.
At the other end we made many mistakes. Tomi, Gabriel, Zinchenko etc.

More than anything, it was nerves that let the team down. Not tactics or ability.

The league’s not over in February. Long way to go yet. Stay positive.

Good post.

We went toe to toe with the best team of the last decade whilst missing 2 of our most influential players.

Let's be honest 3-1 flattered them & It was small margins.
Facts are they took their chances/made better decisions in the final 3rd.

I do think the pressure got to us a little & we are obviously a bit short on confidence at the moment.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why is it different? Its football isnt it?

What international football is showing you is the importance of having a quality system at play, that's why you see big stars like Messi and Ronaldo, struggle at the international stage. Because their national teams dont have the amount of time and attention given to their footballing system.

Look at Morocco in this past world cup. Again, hardly any stars in sight but were able to make it to the last 4 of the competition. Another working footballing system.

Real Madrid, in the final every season or close to every season. Has more to do with the fact that they have a footballing system that works, and is executed by top quality players.

Sp**s making a CL final, a working footballing system.

Ajax, setting the CL alight in the same season, with a bunch of kids.

Footballing systems are important to a team. If you have that, you have about 80% of the job done already.
You've just made my point even clearer thanks.

You've used Morroco. A team who finished 4th and who rode their luck in multiple matches.

Sp**s. A team that didn't win the final and likewise rode their luck against City and Ajax. Sp**s conceded 3 or 4 goals over both legs in them matches. That's some system.

Ajax. A team that lost to another team that lost by conceded a bucket load of goals and not seeing the match out.

Out of those 3 teams what did they lack? Leadership. A core of players who had the know how to maybe get them over the line. That bit of experience whether it be with the coach and or the players.

You talk about systems this and systems that but you forget that football is played by humans. And the human and psychological side of football matters more now than ever.

I'm not disputing that having quality players and a quality system isn't likely to influence success. I'm saying that most of the club teams that win major trophies in world football have players and or a manager who has previous experience winning and getting the job done. Not nearly men.

SA Gunner

You've just made my point even clearer thanks.

You've used Morroco. A team who finished 4th and who rode their luck in multiple matches.

Sp**s. A team that didn't win the final and likewise rode their luck against City and Ajax. Sp**s conceded 3 or 4 goals over both legs in them matches. That's some system.

Ajax. A team that lost to another team that lost by conceded a bucket load of goals and not seeing the match out.

Out of those 3 teams what did they lack? Leadership. A core of players who had the know how to maybe get them over the line. That bit of experience whether it be with the coach and or the players.

You talk about systems this and systems that but you forget that football is played by humans. And the human and psychological side of football matters more now than ever.

Lol you think your point is clearer :lol:

How did those teams get to those moments in the first place without the leadership you speak of? You cant just luck your way to such levels in a competition.

If you want something clearer... How did Leicester manage to get over 80 points and win the league in 2015/16? Was that luck too?

What about United winning the league with kids in the 90s? Also luck right?

The evidence is staring you in the face, a football system that works is the most critical aspect to a team's play and success. Yes, experience and being there before matters, but not as much as a system that works.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I said to a colleague well before the game, we’ll start off well, looking good, then someone will have a bozo moment, whether it’s a pass, penalty, red card, something will happen to gift City the lead. We’ll respond by looking good for a bit but ultimately end up conceding 3 or 4.

It’s always the same when we play them, always. I thought we turned a corner vs the big teams this season but the same frailties mistakes and lack of killer instincts are still there.

It’s so deflating, this was our chance, and we’ve bottled it. With potential takeovers etc even top 4 next season isn’t a given, let alone another title charge.

Hard to take.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lol you think your point is clearer :lol:

How did those teams get to those moments in the first place without the leadership you speak of? You cant just luck your way to such levels in a competition.

If you want something clearer... How did Leicester manage to get over 80 points and win the league in 2015/16? Was that luck too?

The evidence is staring you in the face, a football system that works is the most critical aspect to a team's play and success. Yes, experience and being there before matters, but not as much as a system that works.
I'm not saying it matters more. I don't know why you are going off on one.

I'm saying it matters. Not more than one thing or more than another.

We were talking about Arsenal v United in winning the EL and I believe those 2 teams are similar on quality. So the difference maker may well be that Varane/Casemiro/Martinez etc may have that calmness and bottle to win a final that our players who have never won one don't.

Now if you disagree with that take fair enough.

6666Louis

Xhaka is a likeable heroic player. No doubt. But it's also clear that his qualities is not pushing football forward. He needs too much space and time

Jorginho was great. But I do think that our winter signings are too slow and weak for our ball

When everything clicks, we play in a higher gear than anyone. But as soon as Nketiah lacks legs, Gabriel lacks vision, we become playable. Ramsdale tend to slow the game down in wrong moments, hopefully not just to get attention?

We do have Saliba and Zinchenco who can play it out from the back as elegant as any defender I've ever seen. A couple of times Saliba ran into midfield to receive the ball, his quick body movement creates tons of time on the ball – like Modric – Incredible.

Saka and MØ er still world class. Can't wait for Jesus to be back, and Martinelli to step up a gear – maybe it wont happen until next season.

Can't complain about our intisity

SA Gunner

I'm not saying it matters more. I don't know why you are going off on one.

I'm saying it matters. Not more than one thing or more than another.

We were talking about Arsenal v United in winning the EL and I believe those 2 teams are similar on quality. So the difference maker may well be that Varane/Casemiro/Martinez etc may have that calmness and bottle to win a final that our players who have never won one don't.

Now if you disagree with that take fair enough.

Of course experience matters, but Im telling you its not enough.

If Arsenal face United in the EL final, Casemiro, Varane, Martinez may be the difference. But the point Im making to you is that its not the most important aspect, in fact it probably wont matter at all how much Varane has won.. if he can't win his duel against Nketiah in a critical 1v1 situation that leads to a goal and lead gained.

Football at the highest level is determined by in game moments, tactical battles and advantages gained or lost in a split second. Composure and big game experience matters then of course... but first you need to get into those situations. That's where the system matters.

And this is why I back Arsenal this season. Because they have the system that is one of the best in the world right now, which will get them into good situations against most of their opponents. With that foundation in place, your importance on big game experience comes in, not before.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Xhaka is a likeable heroic player. No doubt. But it's also clear that his qualities is not pushing football forward. He needs too much space and time

Jorginho was great. But I do think that our winter signings are too slow and weak for our ball

When everything clicks, we play in a higher gear than anyone. But as soon as Nketiah lacks legs, Gabriel lacks vision, we become playable. Ramsdale tend to slow the game down in wrong moments, hopefully not just to get attention?

We do have Saliba and Zinchenco who can play it out from the back as elegant as any defender I've ever seen. A couple of times Saliba ran into midfield to receive the ball, his quick body movement creates tons of time on the ball – like Modric – Incredible.

Saka and MØ er still world class. Can't wait for Jesus to be back, and Martinelli to step up a gear – maybe it wont happen until next season.

Can't complain about our intisity
Good analysis. Agree with everything apart from Saka and Ødegaard being world class. They are very good but not world class yet imo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still mad about the errors yesterday only everton game we lost fairly all other games we dropped points was gift from us or var error that the reason we gonna come short.

Need to cut these errors

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mikel said yesterday he haven’t seen tomi made this back pass error last 7 years lol!

Not sure but something tell mikel wasn’t happy man in dressing room. These errors make managers lose thier s**t specially in big games.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Still mad about the errors yesterday only everton game we lost fairly all other games we dropped points was gift from us or var error that the reason we gonna come short.

Need to cut these errors
I mean this season we have massively cut out the unforced errors , idiotic red cards and brain farts that infected our play for so many years.

Does feel like it’s creeping back in a little though, doesn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom