• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

07/08 Arsenal vs 22/23

Which one is better?

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You’re not denying that those names I mentioned are a different class to what we have today?
Firstly you said this is the worst Arsenal you've seen. That's madness.

Secondly, Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie were all excellent footballers. And all 3 could play in this Arsenal team now. I wouldn't deny that for a second.

However they didn't win a title.

One question. Were you following Arsenal about 3-4 years ago? Around the time of Mustafi, Sokratis, an Özil who couldn't be assed? This team is worse than that team?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Firstly you said this is the worst Arsenal you've seen. That's madness.

Secondly, Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie were all excellent footballers. And all 3 could play in this Arsenal team now. I wouldn't deny that for a second.

However they didn't win a title.

One question. Were you following Arsenal about 3-4 years ago? Around the time of Mustafi, Sokratis, an Özil who couldn't be assed? This team is worse than that team?
We didn’t win a title because we had no cash as that was early post Highbury, and you had peak Utd and Chelsea about. It’s not like now where every top team is having a car crash and we’ve the finances to finally compete.

The Mustafi/Sok team obviously doesn’t count, that was us at our lowest, totally neglected and scraping the barrel. Before that we had pretty good teams with great ballers playing probably the best football in Europe. Squad depth and team shortcuts killed us, due to finances.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not even winding GDeep up here but that era Arsenal side would get bulldozed by this one. Beautiful to watch but frail as hell.

People who get excited about that side couldn't have been old enough to see The Invincibles era sides. That was levels above.

Imagine creaming yourself over Almunia, Song, Nasri, Clichy, Denilson etc.

This is probably the best side of the Emirates era and it'll likely be proved by most metrics by the end of the season.

Don't listen to the rose tinted glasses crew.

RVP scored 11 PL goals in 09 btw.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not even winding GDeep up here but that era Arsenal side would get bulldozed by this one. Beautiful to watch but frail as hell.

People who get excited about that side couldn't have been old enough to see The Invincibles era sides. That was levels above.

Imagine creaming yourself over Almunia, Song, Nasri, Clichy, Denilson etc.

This is probably the best side of the Emirates era and it'll likely be proved by most metrics by the end of the season.

Don't listen to the rose tinted glasses crew.
Nasri was one of the best players in the league.

Don’t quote me with your nonsense.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We didn’t win a title because we had no cash as that was early post Highbury, and you had peak Utd and Chelsea about. It’s not like now where every top team is having a car crash and we’ve the finances to finally compete.

The Mustafi/Sok team obviously doesn’t count, that was us at our lowest, totally neglected and scraping the barrel. Before that we had pretty good teams with great ballers playing probably the best football in Europe. Squad depth and team shortcuts killed us, due to finances.
Stick to cricket or whatever your main sport of choice is. Because football clearly isn't your forte if you think this is the worst Arsenal team you've ever seen (apart from the one you said doesn't count).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Stick to cricket or whatever your main sport of choice is. Because football clearly isn't your forte if you think this is the worst Arsenal team you've ever seen (apart from the one you said doesn't count).
No need to cry. Just my opinions.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The overall level of this side is higher imo but the 08 side had RvP and Cesc who were a level or two above anything this side currently has. RvP in this side now would be filthy, as would a Cesc over Xhaka for eg.

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !

We are playing one of the best football in Europe now as well though? Don't think you can pull off what we did today without massive talent. I think you say this due to our players not dribbling past 3 players with tricks and flair, or?

VancouverCanuck

That 07, 08 side was a joy to watch when they were at their best. But also not consistent enough and vulnerable at the back.

And football is a team game. We have been playing very well as a team this season. So I have no doubt that 07/08 side could not be close to competing with our current side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We are playing one of the best football in Europe now as well though? Don't think you can pull off what we did today without massive talent. I think you say this due to our players not dribbling past 3 players with tricks and flair, or?
Everyone in Europe plays the same now really, and no.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom