• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If Arsenal FC didn't exist.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wouldn't/couldnt support another team. Would probably get back into long distance running or something again and do some competitions at the weekend in different towns.

Loved playing rugby but couldn't get into actually watching it (other than World Cup and a few lions tours).

Life would be ****ing more miserable than conceding 22 shots to Watford on a Saturday night if Arsenal didn't exist.

Had they never existed I'd probably have become a Liverpool fan. Always had a soft spot for them.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I would probably go with a team like Fulham. Their stadium is unique and they like the typical middle-class club that has a set of dedicated fans and following it would be a nice distraction as the expectations would be nowhere near stressful as those of following Arsenal.

On top of that there would be a lot of fun as they had a some characters as owners: Al Fayed bringing the statue of Michael Jackson tops it :lol:

Also @jones has once mentioned adopting Frankfurt as second team, but watching it now v. Napoli, they seem to be a team that is interesting as they have some nice patterns of play.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is it like Arsenal never existed or are my memories of them still intact?

If the former it’s probably United, you were either Arsenal or United growing up.

If the latter then I’d abandon this horrific sport and just support Mbappe from a distance.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If I could turn back time and not ever become a fan, I would do it. The biggest waste of time ever. Watching eleven millionaires kick around a ball for hours on end every week. It’s like a drug now, can’t just stop.

It’s cheaper than actual drugs though

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I would probably go with a team like Fulham. Their stadium is unique and they like the typical middle-class club that has a set of dedicated fans and following it would be a nice distraction as the expectations would be nowhere near stressful as those of following Arsenal.

On top of that there would be a lot of fun as they had a some characters as owners: Al Fayed bringing the statue of Michael Jackson tops it :lol:
Glad to see someone say Fulham! They’re my second team, through my father who’s a generational supporter. He refused to buy me Arsenal gear as a kid, but you can bet I had my fair share of Fulham kits, hats, etc :lol: First and only PL match was at Craven cottage against Manchester City over a decade ago now - was a lovely stadium then, and their new plans seem quite alright.

When my hometown (Toronto) created a team, I became a supporter of them as well by default. Not a big fan of the MLS generally, but some matches - particularly in play-off runs of times passed - the stadium would be an absolute riot.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If I could turn back time and not ever become a fan, I would do it. The biggest waste of time ever. Watching eleven millionaires kick around a ball for hours on end every week. It’s like a drug now, can’t just stop.
Would’ve been different if you’d made the grade at Aston Villa.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

After all those bleak years I was on the verge of ditching the whole sport but Brother Mikel along with Monsieur Gaspar baptised me and gave me a whole fresh perspective on the game.

baptism-fail.gif

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s cheaper than actual drugs though
Takes up a lot of your time though, then potentially affects your mood. Takes you away from family and friends etc. Very expensive in that sense.

Doesn’t affect my moods anymore, would say the Wenger years really took a lot out of me, drained me in a way.

Not really worth it tbh.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

@Blood on the Tracks - Great question: I'd go with Aston Villa or West Ham. I really liked their uniforms' colour scheme (claret and blue) as a kid. And since there is no team with my absolute favourite uniform colour scheme (dark olive and orange) it has to be one of those two clubs!

Gervais

Established Member
If Arsenal never existed, I likely would have been a Millwall fan - or Liverpool, maybe.

If Arsenal ceased to exist overnight, I wouldn’t support anyone else. It would be impossible. I would probably watch very little football.

Tom Mix

If they'd never existed not sure. If they ceased to exist... easiest is to say what's out - Tottenham, the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool. Can't stand the attitudes and fan bases of any of them.

Probably support Brentford or Fulham but difficult to be as invested in a team wheretop half of the premier league would be a great achievement.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Takes up a lot of your time though, then potentially affects your mood. Takes you away from family and friends etc. Very expensive in that sense.

Doesn’t affect my moods anymore, would say the Wenger years really took a lot out of me, drained me in a way.

Not really worth it tbh.
Definitely not worth it. Do you remember your earlier posts here? Even discounting age we used to be different people when we signed up here.

Buhry

Established Member

I'd watch Norway and the major international tournaments and that would be that. Maybe I'd watch the CL final. Don't care about any other clubs, never will.

I don't like the way club football is going anyway. For example Utd and liverpool fans falling over themselves these days to bend the knee to Quatari overlords so they can keep up with the spending required to keep up with the other sugardaddies. Todd Boehly this year (and roman since 2005), City cooking the books. Disgusting.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom