• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If Arsenal FC didn't exist.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is it like Arsenal never existed or are my memories of them still intact?

If the former it’s probably United, you were either Arsenal or United growing up.

This could have been you in another life...

FrRd7cdWIAMs3f5

Riou

As for me, this would be the only team for Riou if there was no Arsenal...

HARCHESTER-SQUAD-PHOTO1.jpg

...Karl Fletcher's Prem legacy isn't that far from Titi's, tbh.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I'll probably be fan of Yanited. Of whatever team Henry happened to play at the time of his prime.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Family on my mum side are all Everton fans and had a soft sport for them. That said my Dad side of family are all Sp**s fans apart from me and him and I certainly don't have a soft spot for them lol.

Where I grew up the nearest team was Palace, who I also had a soft spot for.

Now where I lived the past 5 years, Charlton are my nearest and I have few mates who are season ticket holders.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maybe Sunderland as the old man supports them (they’re signing Ousmanne Dembele as well so they’re going places).

If I go down the local route the choices are Barnet or Sp**s, so up the Bee’s.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard who would you support if Man Utd folded?

Am Manchester born and raised. If there was never such thing as United, it would probably be City which I find very difficult to picture.

Like others here. I just find it difficult to believe there’s another team I could invest in, if the club suddenly folded. There would be games I’d watch but it would be like the 2022 World Cup Final, nobody I’d have the passion to support or go to a game for.

Riou

Would have been Newcastle if I was picking a team back when I started watching Arsenal in the early 2000s, for my older cousin and I generally liked the club at the time.

Not sure I would be a fan of English football now without Arsenal, probably just support Real Madrid as they look to put all these disgusting oil clubs in their place!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Arsenal went bust tomorrow and there was no phoenix club formed in their place which English football team would you support in their place and why?
Since 1997/98, I've kept an eye out for Huddersfield's results. I lived in York that year, and one of the students was a diehard fan of Town. They had built the stadium just about then, and it was futuristic affair at the time. It is a rather different club than Arsenal, not really fashionable and the big trophies are a long time ago (unless you count the promotion to the Premier League).

I know the Norwegian supporters club of Huddersfield have gotten a lot of help with arranging visits and tickets etc

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Americans have a natural or ingrained distaste for soccer for some reason. It could be negativity given from the British who are uglier and just as obese as us. They dislike us even though we took their colonial model and improved on it in every way. Anyway, I've never played the game growing up and I have maybe played 2 or 3 games with friends at the park since. I became an Arsenal fan in my early to mid 20s so it's hard to imagine that I would choose another club to follow if there were no Arsenal.

I happened to get lucky. Arsenal were one of the two teams to play on a FIFA demo years ago and I would play my college buddy who always chose the other team, Chelsea. It just so happened I looked Arsenal's history up and liked the family style or classy side of the club and the rich sporting history behind all of it. It felt like an institution as I was researching Chelsea's history as well and it felt like it was all recent and purchased with a credit card. I knew at the time I did not like United for some reason and I didn't know Tottenham even existed.

My only other exposure was I used to play PES 2007 on my PSP a ton in college between classes. I would be destroying everybody with a healthy and in prime Adriano on Inter. Possibly them but that was before I even paid attention to Arsenal so maybe not. I didn't expect it to turn into a full blown sporting relationship like it has but I'm glad it did.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Americans have a natural or ingrained distaste for soccer for some reason. It could be negativity given from the British who are uglier and just as obese as us. They dislike us even though we took their colonial model and improved on it in every way. Anyway, I've never played the game growing up and I have maybe played 2 or 3 games with friends at the park since. I became an Arsenal fan in my early to mid 20s so it's hard to imagine that I would choose another club to follow if there were no Arsenal.

I happened to get lucky. Arsenal were one of the two teams to play on a FIFA demo years ago and I would play my college buddy who always chose the other team, Chelsea. It just so happened I looked Arsenal's history up and liked the family style or classy side of the club and the rich sporting history behind all of it. It felt like an institution as I was researching Chelsea's history as well and it felt like it was all recent and purchased with a credit card. I knew at the time I did not like United for some reason and I didn't know Tottenham even existed.

My only other exposure was I used to play PES 2007 on my PSP a ton in college between classes. I would be destroying everybody with a healthy and in prime Adriano on Inter. Possibly them but that was before I even paid attention to Arsenal so maybe not. I didn't expect it to turn into a full blown sporting relationship like it has but I'm glad it did.
Despite being American you have excellent taste in football and basketball teams. Honestly, i started watching European football in 90s played the sport a bit in my youth, but for me it was the class, style of play, and Wenger. Bergkamp was a genius maybe the Magic Johnson of football.

Farzad Stoned

It used to Newcastle when i started they played phenomenal stuff in 90s with Les Ferdinand and a young Shearer. Now i root against Football’s Trump and hisTrump tower in West London and petrosheik or kleptocrat teams.sorry murdering dictators getting PR and celebrating trophies sickens me.

If Arsenal didn’t exist this is my revised order of top 6 sides would most want to win it. Number 1 is team i would least mind winning league of the big giants:

1. Liverpool
2. Sp**s
3. Chelsea
4. Newcastle
5. City
6. United (assuming Qatari ownership)

Sorry if United spends more than anyone not named Boehly in transfers, then cheats for money they don’t need it will be the single most mercenary move in football history.apologies to @Juan Matas Beard. The fans have no control but the fact they aren’t up in arms protesting Qatar but instead twerking for it; really just takes the cake. I know who i am rooting against if there is no Arsenal as awful as it sounds my big 6 side is LFC

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arsenal is all I’ve ever known. If Arsenal liquidated tomorrow morning I’m taking my talents to Real Madrid. I’m a winner and I want to win. I have suffered horrific schoolboy banter for the way Arsenal have embarrassed me growing up. Therefore, I’m going to be the World’s Greatest Glory Hunter. Hala Madrid.

If Arsenal never existed I’d support United. Most of my school friends were United growing up so I’d probably pick them to fit in.

Riou

Not saying you are doing it ..

I’m a winner and I want to win.

...but I do love it when I see fans on twitter say stuff like this non ironically about themselves, just because they support a team that wins stuff.

Fam, what exactly are you winning 🤣

Farzad Stoned

Not saying you are doing it ..

...but I do love it when I see fans on twitter say stuff like this non ironically about themselves, just because they support a team that wins stuff.

Fam, what exactly are you winning 🤣
Exactly my d.ck doesn’t get bigger if my club wins league

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom