• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 9 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgppt6r7ulte0bcckmoq.gif

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Onto the next. Bring Southampton on. Let’s put the game to bed as early a

ignore him, he’s a Sp*d. Useless mug
It's West Ham. You're the second person to say Southampton 😳🙈🤣

They're bottom of the league so hopefully the Freudian slip means we're confident. But then again they held us to a draw 😳😩

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
That useless neanderthal Carragher blaming Xhaka for the ref bottling to do his job is laughable.

By the letter of the law, TAA should’ve been sent off for putting his hands on Xhaka.

Also Konate fouled Xhaka which again the referee bottled to give.

Some of you are easily manipulated by these clowns on TV.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We went to Anfield without Saliba, our best defender, and came away with a point.
Sick of people on here making out like the title has City’s name on it. If Arteta and the players have the same mentality as the fans and think that’s it over then they’re in the wrong job.
City have a busy fixture schedule coming up compared to our one game a week - they could rotate next weekend and drop points against Leicester, nothing is a guarantee in this league.
We went to Liverpool who are struggling and because we had one player out we did well to get a point? We were utter joke from the moment they scored until the end and the fact that the manager once again shows zero ability to change flow of a game is very very concerning

avalonhse

We needed to win this one because losing to City is a formality and there's no way we're coping with the Newcastle swarm and their ****ing stadium.

Title done. Arteta with a tonne to learn.

595972523-what-separates-the-winners-from-the-losers-is-how-a-person-reacts-to-each-new-twist-...png

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Today result is regretful and disappointed of course, but there is nothing called "have to win" in Anfield.

Saying Madrid transform Anfield to a training ground is a good excuse for Arteta. Are our team experiened like Marid? No. Can we win CL 3 times consecutively like them? No. We forgot Arsenal was not a title challenger before the season started. Arteta team is already over-achieved with our current position.

Getting 2-0 lead in Anfield and securing 1 point is not that bad for such a young team. I am glad we have been kicked out early from EL, the team has time to recover and prepare for the next game. I believe we should won the title as we deserve it, but not "have to" because we have done a wonderful journey this season.

Mudi

That useless neanderthal Carragher blaming Xhaka for the ref bottling to do his job is laughable.

By the letter of the law, TAA should’ve been sent off for putting his hands on Xhaka.

Also Konate fouled Xhaka which again the referee bottled to give.

Some of you are easily manipulated by these clowns on TV.

However it was Xhaka who had put fire in the game of Liverpool. You are op 0-2, just kill the game. Control it, slow the game down. Make it a boring game.

Why are you pressing on their 16? I mean, the most important stuff was to go to the locker with 0-2 lead but the moment they did find the 1-2, you knew they would score a second one.

Sometimes this team is too naive.

We lost to United because we were chasing down a victory and leaving them the space to counter. A draw at Utd would have been a very good result. We lost to City because we wanted to win the game (we could also have just played for the draw) and today we are up 0-2 and we still play high on the pitch. The first goal should have never happened. There was no reason for White to be so high on the pitch.

NZgunner

A lucky point in the end given the chances Liverpool ended up having, but for me the turning point was Xhaka's idiocy late in the first half. We're totally bossing the game, up by two goals, and Xhaka gets the Liverpool fans and players riled up - they score two minutes later.

If we go into half-time 2-0 then we win the game.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

However it was Xhaka who had put fire in the game of Liverpool. You are op 0-2, just kill the game. Control it, slow the game down. Make it a boring game.

Why are you pressing on their 16? I mean, the most important stuff was to go to the locker with 0-2 lead but the moment they did find the 1-2, you knew they would score a second one.

We lost to United because we were chasing down a victory and leaving them the space to counter. A draw at Utd would have been a very good result. We lost to City because we wanted to win the game (we could also have just played for the draw) and today we are up 0-2 and we still play high on the pitch. The first goal should have never happened. There was no reason for White to be so high on the pitch.
Hindsight is wonderful, eh?
If a draw at Utd is a very good result then a draw at Anfield is even better

Synical

Miss Superstitious

A lucky point in the end given the chances Liverpool ended up having, but for me the turning point was Xhaka's idiocy late in the first half. We're totally bossing the game, up by two goals, and Xhaka gets the Liverpool fans and players riled up - they score two minutes later.

They were riled up from the moment the whistle blew.

The dippers were booing us every touch of the ball we had

Moviegooner

Very mixed feelings. It's very frustrating to blow a two goal lead after playing so good. It was like something changed after the xhaka incident. Second half was me eating my nails. We had good chances but it was liverpool who were up for it and could, should have won the game.

The good thing is off course we didn't lose and got a point. Let's concentrate on West Ham first.

Martinelli cost only 4.5 mil. Just wow. What a baller. Some of his moves majestic. Had Trend on toast! And that move from Star Boy in the second half out of this world!

We move on!

andeoch1

We went to Anfield without Saliba, our best defender, and came away with a point.
Sick of people on here making out like the title has City’s name on it. If Arteta and the players have the same mentality as the fans and think that’s it over then they’re in the wrong job.
City have a busy fixture schedule coming up compared to our one game a week - they could rotate next weekend and drop points against Leicester, nothing is a guarantee in this league.
Is Saliba back soon???

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

Yet none of that you’re blaming Xhaka for would’ve happened had the referee not bottled to award us a free kick when Konate fouled Xhaka.

How about Zinchenko with his half arsed defence against Trent on their equaliser? How come no one mentioned him or is it because he kisses the badge and milks the adulation of the fans?

We need more Xhakas in this team or we’ll be mugged off week in week out.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I feel really gutted tonight. Hoping for some fresh perspective tomorrow and to get on the "good point" train, but i just am struggling to wrestle my mindset in to that position from a 2-0 dominant lead.

Xhaka was unwise, but we shouldn't let the media suddenly convince us he's just this hothead liability. We have a big enough case study to suggest that he's turned a corner there. This was the anomoly here. Competitive guy with a silly moment, but Jesus didn't help in this respect either.

I honestly could point to many moments where the game needed control, and we were a little immature. I think Partey played a pass at one point when we were struggling to keep the ball that infuriated me. Tried to cut them apart by threading the needle and conceded posessrion again.

Even Martinelli started dribbling in positions it was just unnecessary. We ramped up the pressure on ourselves on several occasions due to poor game management from the players.

Ultimately its a decent point without the context, and even with if you look at what we got away with. Ramsdale was amazing when needed.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Remember they scored and missed a penalty in the second half, plus several excellent saves from Ramsdale, Liverpool are easily capable of scoring 2 or 3 goals in a half at Anfield. We could, probably should have scored a couple in that second half also. It was just a good game between two highly committed and motivated teams. Every confidence we’ll take West Ham then Southampton apart.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Anyone ever feel like they care too much about football? I grew up to an Islington family of season ticket holders, who stood for about 60 years at old highbury standing only. I really had no choice.

I'm just trying to rationalise why I am obviously still so stressed out about it, my French bulldog things somethings wrong and has his ears back sitting in front of me looking worse for wear.

I feel like you'd think I'd been in a car crash rather than watched a game of football, that ended in a draw no less.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
The same City mercenaries you lot are busy kissing the ground they walk on got humbled at Anfield. They were lucky to escape with only 1-0 that day.

I said that I’d gladly take a draw before the match and I’m delighted that we’ve got a valuable point.

We did not lose the title, we still got our destiny firmly in our hands, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

freddy_v

I can't really be critical of anyone but Arteta in this game. To sub your captain off at that time is a horrible decision. It's not just about the fact that he changed the formation or that there were far better options than Kiwior. He pulled the ****ing captain at a time when the captain needed to lead the team on the pitch. It's not like he has been failing at it so far this season, is it?

Our manager rug pulled the team. That is my opinion.

That said, 2-2 away against Liverpool is about what I would have hoped for before the game.

Wagwaan

Disappointing not to come away with the three points, but that was a riled up Anfield and they can be devastating at times.

To come out with a point is no small feat and keeps the title race firmly in our hands.

To be the Champions we need to beat the Champions 🏆. Im okay with that.

Played 30, Won 23, Drew 4, Lost 3.

I believe 🙏

benjamin86

Established Member
Also, Holding isn't a disaster like I thought. Was pretty decent and marked the Pool players well. Gabriel was huge in the air and was always alone covering Salah while Zinchenko is MIA. His role in the team is probably the most difficult.

Xhaka needs upgrading.
yeah, caciedo would have been perfect for today. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom