• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 9 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgppt6r7ulte0bcckmoq.gif

ptrcopp

Even if Martinelli does find Saka in that situation Alisson was on beast mode with coming out and anticipating danger, no guarantee Saka would have been able to round him. In hindsight perhaps playing in Trossard was the way to go.

I was screaming for it to go to Trossard. Saka was exhausted by then, he could barely get beyond a jog. It wasn’t a brilliant pass but even a 60 min Saka has a chance of getting to the ball, let alone a fresh Nelson.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
In 2020 when Arteta won the FA Cup, Tierney was a key factor in that back 3.

I really don't understand why Mikel completely threw away that option.

You can play a back 3 with both Tierney and Zinchenko on the pitch. Gives Zinchenko more freedom and Tierney can cover defensively.

Need to think outside the box against those big teams. Tierney has to play at Newcastle and City.
Would like to see zinchencko in xhakas role.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know Rashford will get in team of the year and that overhit pass at the end wasn't the best (though considering the effort he put in for us, it was understandable at least) but Martinelli is such a player.

Reckon he terrifies opposition fullbacks mentally more than Saka, his combo of pace and dribbling (plus his nonstop workrate) is unbelievable.

Outstanding young player, glad we got him tied down to a new long term deal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
ad888306-f78a-438c-aa3a-3709b1f44a4d_1344x400.png

Look at the above breakdown of the 2nd half, we had weathered the Liverpool storm and between the 58th - 80th minute Liverpool didn't have a shot and we were comfortable. Now look at that third phase 80th - FT where we had made the Kiwior sub and changed to a back 5, we invited all that pressure on us again.
Tbf it's very easy to say that with hindsight.
It didnt work out but you can see why it was done as we were reacting to the firminho.
sub.
Last 10 mins 1 goal up away at Anfield they put on an attacker & we put on a defender to try & help weather the storm.
Most managers would do the same thing.

If we don't & get done the manager gets criticised for not doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom