• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 9 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgppt6r7ulte0bcckmoq.gif

Energoto

Sorry, wont be a party pooper (well maybe to the many negative nancies in here), but the first 30 minutes was some of the best football we have played this season, and at this ground , there were moments where the scousers couldn't get the ball off us for good few minutes

Well the last 50 mins were some of the worst, especially in terms of control, but hey, I see a progress, especially seeing the results since 2012 at Anfield

WorldbestMartinelli

Felt the moment Xhaka had big swinging **** competition with Trent momentum shifted..everything was going so well until then, been scared of the younger players losing their sh*t in the title race but I'm now thinking chances are It'll be the likes of Xhaka, Holding or Zinchenko who lose us the title because of temperaments, should absolutely upgrade on the former two in the summer.

WiscoGooner8

If this game was in October no one would be complaining. I’m still gutted but my logical brain says a point at Anfield doesn’t lose you the title. We need a draw at Etihad now or for them to get complacent and drop points elsewhere. They have the squad quality to rotate for the Champions League and still put out strong lineups. Unless we really have a letdown form here on out I don’t think we lost the title so much as City just isn’t fair lol. My emotions don’t say that but my thoughts do.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really annoying how deep we dropped in the second half. I think initially it was a mental thing, but I don’t think Arteta reacted quickly enough to either change things, or double down and properly shore things up.

In hindsight, KT should have come on early in the second half imo.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I didn't see a lot of talk about Jesus missing a wide open goal from Saka's cross. Instead of just nicking it down, why oh why did he look to place it in root of net is beyond me.

Feel like we saw some knock ons effects from the Europa League here. Had Saliba been fit and Holding was bought on to secure the win that may have been enough to see out the game. Same with White having a nightmare without Tomi to fall back on.
That's a really good point you make. All the little details but would definitely give us more cushion to preserve our lead.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Far too much negativity. A point at Anfield is fine. A point at City and it’s likely ours. Save the gloom for after that game if necessary. We have as much chance of winning all the other games as City.
Citeh have drawn to Everton, Notts, Newcastle and Villa this season. No reason why we can't at least draw

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Really annoying how deep we dropped in the second half. I think initially it was a mental thing, but I don’t think Arteta reacted quickly enough to either change things, or double down and properly shore things up.

In hindsight, KT should have come on early in the second half imo.

Yes think the same maybe we should have subbed Zinchenko for Tierney and Jorginho for Xhaka a little bit more earlier. but we dont know for now i am happy with a point Liverpool is a good team.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

ad888306-f78a-438c-aa3a-3709b1f44a4d_1344x400.png

Look at the above breakdown of the 2nd half, we had weathered the Liverpool storm and between the 58th - 80th minute Liverpool didn't have a shot and we were comfortable. Now look at that third phase 80th - FT where we had made the Kiwior sub and changed to a back 5, we invited all that pressure on us again.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
ad888306-f78a-438c-aa3a-3709b1f44a4d_1344x400.png

Look at the above breakdown of the 2nd half, we had weathered the Liverpool storm and between the 58th - 80th minute Liverpool didn't have a shot and we were comfortable. Now look at that third phase 80th - FT where we had made the Kiwior sub and changed to a back 5, we invited all that pressure on us again.
It was a terrible sub in fairness.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It was a terrible sub in fairness.

I wouldn’t have even opted for Kiwior. I was calling for Jorginho during the game as were clearly losing control in midfield which seems to be a common theme recently.

I would have gone:

Trossard Martinelli
Xhaka TP5
Zin Jorginho White
KT Gab Hold
Ramsdale
We would have at least had a bit of control in midfield and the wide areas would be covered with Tierney and Zinchenko cutting out the space on the left. Kiwior was a strange one with Tierney available to slot in there.

Legend14

Established Member
To me it is pretty clear. Paul Tierney really turned this game by changing how he refereed once we went 2-0 up. He gave White a card for exactly the same challenge he didn't even whistle for when Konate tackled Xhaka and they broke with the ball. Robinson and others were hanging on Saka, Martinelli and Jesus like backpacks and nothing. The list can go on and on. This is what turned the game in Liverpool's favour.

We can analyse tactics and blame Arteta (for subs) or our players (Xhaka), but the person who definitely impacted the game and turned it towards Liverpool was mainly the referee.
I usually say you need to play through that sh*t but in that game it made a huge difference.

Alexs

A half fit Saliba would be worse than Holding. A half fit anyone is worse than a fully fit anyone else. We simply have to hope for a fully fit Saliba and better cover than Holding moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom