• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 9 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgppt6r7ulte0bcckmoq.gif

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Too many of our best players went missing if we’re being honest.

Partey, Ødegaard, Saka.

Hindsight we were lucky to escape with a point.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I only saw now on Twitter that Neville or Carragher or both called Xhaka an idiot. Maybe those who watched in Skyports can confirm.

Typical of Arsenal fans to lap it up and jump on the media lazy arguments against one their favourite Arsenal targets, Xhaka.

If the referee or VAR had any balls, they should have given TAA a straight red.

If you analyse the situation, here's why:

- The difference is that Xhaka made a legitimate challenge to get the ball off of Trent and yes he used a high arm, but that was to legitimately challenge for the ball off of Trent.

On the other side, Trent goes chasing after him by using his elbow with malicious intent in an off-the-ball situation. It was an illegitimate attempt to get one over the opponent and it should have resulted in a straight red from VAR.

Ignore TAA comments here and watch the video for context

If you say this is sour grapes, there are countless of similar situations when the players get a red card for off-the-ball situations.

Here is a very similar one when Song elbows an opponent in the back, same like Trent elbowed Xhaka on his back. Result, straight red.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I only saw now on Twitter that Neville or Carragher or both called Xhaka an idiot. Maybe those who watched in Skyports can confirm.

Typical of Arsenal fans to lap it up and jump on the media lazy arguments against one their favourite Arsenal targets, Xhaka.

If the referee or VAR had any balls, they should have given TAA a straight red.

If you analyse the situation, here's why:

- The difference is that Xhaka made a legitimate challenge to get the ball off of Trent and yes he used a high arm, but that was to legitimately challenge for the ball off of Trent.

On the other side, Trent goes chasing after him by using his elbow with malicious intent in an off-the-ball situation. It was an illegitimate attempt to get one over the opponent and it should have resulted in a straight red from VAR.

Ignore TAA comments here and watch the video for context

If you say this is sour grapes, there are countless of similar situations when the players get a red card for off-the-ball situations.

Here is a very similar one when Song elbows an opponent in the back, same like Trent elbowed Xhaka on his back. Result, straight red.

Yeah, I'm fuming about the who Xhaka narrative. This is the problem when they have a Liverpool fan and an Arsenal hater commentating.

I don't know about calling him an idiot but Carragher went to say "stupid" here. "Ridiculous" got spat out too. But Xhaka was fouled then shoved in the back by Trent. Why is everyone hating on Xhaka and the others get a free pass?🤔Crowd got fired up after the GOAL, not the incident

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
3 points about the game

1. Xhaka's altercation with Trent did not rouse the Anfield crowd. It's the goal that followed that did. Post that goal Arsenal lost the composure and then failed to regain it. The goal was a result of Tierney's awesome refereeing. In a game where he let a lot of physical fouls flow, he booked White for his first tackle. In a game like this, he could have let him off with a warning. But if you watch Tierney referee Arsenal he regularly gives yellows to our defenders on first fouls. Which he rarely does to opponents. Post that yellow, White was in a shell, similar to Man U game at home, and it affected our right side. Liverpool targetted it and scored the first goal.

2. Arteta's subs in second half was required. But unfortunately, he did not have Tomiyasu to bring on. If he was available, i am sure he would have come on a lot sooner. Additionally we need a physical controller like Rice in the team. They can withstand a challenge and pick a pass.

3. Finally Tierney, this is a man who is clearly biased against Arsenal. Imagine the kind of consistency he shows in his refereeing. When Ødegaard won the ball against Ericksen, it was a foul. But then numerous times today he let similar things go without whistling. The Jota penalty was a carbon copy of the penalty he gave against Tottenham. Looking to give something and finding it. Holding was moving towards ball and Jota blocked him. I am not sure how is that a foul on Jota. Outside the box, it will be a foul by Jota. Any other referee, it will be a foul against Jota. He referees in a way to create disadvantage to Arsenal. And there are people at PGMOL who observes this and gives him such away games(Liverpool & Manchester United ones).
On point 3) Tierney was the referee on the Ericsen decision, he let it go like he would have today. It VAR who was wrong to get involved, that was Mason, wasn't it? It went against the physical style that Tierney allows.

I think Tierney just let teams get away with a lot of physical tackles that are sometimes fouls and in a lot of situations border line fouls. This isn't good for us as an Arteta team who are a technical team that dont thrive on physical games like today or Everton away. Particularly today when we couldnt hold possession. But I think Tierney is reasonably consistent with his interpretation.

We should remember Keiran Tierney was holding onto Salah in the box at the end there before letting go of him. It would have been a little soft but by the letter of the law Tierney could have given Liverpool a penalty. We would have been calling for it against Jesus or saka

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Re-watched the first half an hour. Man, we were absolutely battering them. Saka had Robertson on toast, Martinelli was cooking TAA, Ødegaard was finding space between the lines, Jesus was… Jesus.

If we went in 2-0 up, we would’ve won fairly comfortably- I’m sure of that. The crowd was subdued and the Liverpool players were arguing amongst themselves.

We have to be happy with the point in the end tbh. That second half we were under immense pressure. Salah missed his penalty which was a massive let-off. Nunez should’ve done better with his 1v1. And of course, Ramsdale’s heroics.

Something I need to admit. I don’t rate Henderson in the slightest but I thought he was fantastic for Liverpool yesterday. Was instrumental in a lot of their attacks with clever passing. **** sake.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Re-watched the first half an hour. Man, we were absolutely battering them. Saka had Robertson on toast, Martinelli was cooking TAA, Ødegaard was finding space between the lines, Jesus was… Jesus.

If we went in 2-0 up, we would’ve won fairly comfortably- I’m sure of that. The crowd was subdued and the Liverpool players were arguing amongst themselves.

We have to be happy with the point in the end tbh. That second half we were under immense pressure. Salah missed his penalty which was a massive let-off. Nunez should’ve done better with his 1v1. And of course, Ramsdale’s heroics.

Something I need to admit. I don’t rate Henderson in the slightest but I thought he was fantastic for Liverpool yesterday. Was instrumental in a lot of their attacks with clever passing. **** sake.
Henderson movement was class at 2nd half but to be honest TAA is reason why Liverpool drew yesterday he just simply amazing offensively i wish we just close him down more and not let him have free crosses. If we went up 2-0 at HT yes we would have won Liverpool fans would definitely boo the team off and we'd be in more comfortable position starting the 2nd half. That goal in 40 minute gave them big boost

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I can't bring myself to

MartiSaka

Having said all of that Tierney does seem to hand out a lot of yellow cards, so a larger proportion of fouls are cards.

Kysus

We were too passive in the second half.
It makes sense to slow it down to try to take the franticness out of the game but we just let them win all the duels. They were battering us in the second half which should not happen, Anfield or not. We are a better footballing team and physically superior too.

MartiSaka

It makes sense to slow it down to try to take the franticness out of the game but we just let them win all the duels. They were battering us in the second half which should not happen, Anfield or not. We are a better footballing team and physically superior too.
Don't think we are physically superior to them, we are better physically than later wenger sides of the past but it's still not what we like our games to become. Look at the everton game, we lost that game as it became a physical game.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

We were just letting them have all the possession and trying to defend but that's not how we play so it went horribly wrong. Ben White and Xhaka were on yellows too. We escaped a penalty goal at 55 mins. We could have lost that 6-2 so thank fvck for the point. .

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

While the 2nd half was a tad disappointing, at least we got a point from it. The media are the people dishing it out now saying it's 2 points dropped & all Manchester Cities to lose now since they've got a game in hand &we are yet to play up there. Who's to say we can't get a shock result up there anyway, come away with a draw at least? Overall, I think eitherway we can be very proud of our efforts this season with such a young squad & younger manager, we are building a new generation.

This young squad we've got I think can be very proud of how they've played this season even if we do miss out on the title by a point or 2 now. Don't forget City are very experienced & they'll more likely be the ones able to withstand this pressure unfortunately, we'll only grow from here. A few of our players certainly didn't perform to their usual standards on how they've played the majority of the year but the winning streak was going to end sooner or later. Playing up at Anfield is very difficult & I may be wrong but I read that we are the 1st team to score up at Anfield this season, shows what we are capable of imo.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Don't think we are physically superior to them, we are better physically than later wenger sides of the past but it's still not what we like our games to become. Look at the everton game, we lost that game as it became a physical game.
Yeah, they are quite a bit bigger than us. When there's a corner for example we've got no chance (as well as the fact their keeper is always in exactly the right place, damn him!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom