• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 9 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgppt6r7ulte0bcckmoq.gif

Malky

Established Member
We went to Liverpool who are struggling and because we had one player out we did well to get a point? We were utter joke from the moment they scored until the end and the fact that the manager once again shows zero ability to change flow of a game is very very concerning
How’s the rest of the top 4 got on at Anfield this season? Yeah a young manager that has us top of the league is very very concerning.

Bradpiff

People mentioning United losing 7 like it means something but keep telling me United are finished which is it.

If that was sp*rs playing Liverpool we’d all be calling them bottlers we bottled that lead.

Arteta needs to learn game management better or maybe it’s because he knows his subs ain’t it whichever it is we need players this summer

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
All of these things are not mutually exclusive.

We did bottle a 2-0 lead, and we bottled it with rash in composed player.

Over the course of the season, we are not bottlers.

It is not a bad result at Anfield at all, in isolation.

It does hand city the advantage.

We still can, and are capable of winning the title.

The Kiwior sub is not good under any tactical circumstances, simply because of his inexperience in the prem. This is not the game to cut his teeth.

I still believe we can do this, and I think City have games they drop points in.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

To me it is pretty clear. Paul Tierney really turned this game by changing how he refereed once we went 2-0 up. He gave White a card for exactly the same challenge he didn't even whistle for when Konate tackled Xhaka and they broke with the ball. Robinson and others were hanging on Saka, Martinelli and Jesus like backpacks and nothing. The list can go on and on. This is what turned the game in Liverpool's favour.

We can analyse tactics and blame Arteta (for subs) or our players (Xhaka), but the person who definitely impacted the game and turned it towards Liverpool was mainly the referee.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Carra and Neville didn’t shut up about that incident for like 10 minutes. “Ohhh Xhaka has awakened the beast!” I mean sure it was a silly foul but if it wasn’t Xhaka they wouldn’t have made such a deal out of it.

Garth Crooks is a complete asshat, quite aside from being a failed Sp**s ex footballer, even by their impressive standards of ****ness.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
All of these things are not mutually exclusive.

We did bottle a 2-0 lead, and we bottled it with rash in composed player.

Over the course of the season, we are not bottlers.

It is not a bad result at Anfield at all, in isolation.

It does hand city the advantage.

We still can, and are capable of winning the title.

The Kiwior sub is not good under any tactical circumstances, simply because of his inexperience in the prem. This is not the game to cut his teeth.

I still believe we can do this, and I think City have games they drop points in.

How does it hand City the advantage when they have to win all their games and we don’t?

We are still in charge in the race mate, the draw ensures that, albeit with less room for error.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How does it hand City the advantage when they have to win all their games and we don’t?

We are still in charge in the race mate, the draw ensures that, albeit with less room for error.
We go to City and win the game! That simple! I think this team can do it! Yes, we will need some luck, but if any Arsenal team can do it over the last 4-5 years it is this one! 💯

Bloodbather

Established Member

Clips like these make it all the more frustrating when we just stop playing in games. Happened a few times this season when the second half was the complete opposite of the first (Leeds and Southampton come to mind)
I think part of it might be getting gassed because of our press in the first half.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We go to City and win the game! That simple! I think this team can do it! Yes, we will need some luck, but if any Arsenal team can do it over the last 4-5 years it is this one! 💯

I know we would sound deluded for suggesting that we can go there and win. But I am on board with that thinking, by simply looking at how we played against Pool during the first half yesterday.

We need to keep the ball and control proceedings for longer than just 35 minutes. Do that again, for 65 minutes and then bring on defensive subs and we win there, or draw at least

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If Konate was playing for us, he’d have been sent off.

The guy was committing foul after foul in the entire game, and the ref kept waving play on.

We’re still that soft Arsenal who don’t like it up em in the eyes of many coaches and these corrupt referees.

Henderson was verbally abusing the referee NON-STOP throughout of the game, at times even after he awarded them soft free kicks, and you lot want the only player we’ve got in our team with fire in his belly to be timid.

I can’t help but wonder what some of you would have said about Vieira, Keown, Ashley Cole, Lauren and Petit.
Problem is we need an English midfielder like Henderson that can get away with it. This is why Rice would be such a great pickup.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you lose the league by a couple of points I don’t think you can pin it on this game, an away draw to a team that are very strong at home.

Although at the same time there are things to take away, Arteta still hasn’t proven his in-game management really. Maybe that’s just not a strength he naturally has, like Mourinho had, or maybe he’ll learn it eventually.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

Well, if City win their game in hand, it all hinges on the Etihad game. We need a draw there and to win the rest of our games. I'd say both the fact that we have a comparable record to our Anfield one at Etihad, and the fact that both City and ourselves have the lowest draws In the league suggests it's either likely to be a win or a loss. The fact that it's at their stadium, I would consider them to have been handed the advantage in all but maths.

I also think if we play for that draw, we lose. It's just not playing to our strengths. One team is going to blow the other away that day. I hope and believe it could be us, but If I were a neutral I'd call this advantage City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom