• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 9 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgppt6r7ulte0bcckmoq.gif

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Such a strange side this yr. They need a goal to wake them up. Conceding that goal just before half time was key. Same with utd game, once they score they can be unplayable.
It's older legs imo. They have to try harder to reach that level. But they have it in them when pushed. People forget it's not only going to Anfield but playing against one of the most devastating teams in Europe over the last 5 years.

Only team that's got the better of them is Madrid. And I put that down to Madrid having so many clutch players. Rather than being a particularly good team. A bit like the Chelsea team of 2012 who won the CL.

Gunners1616

In 2020 when Arteta won the FA Cup, Tierney was a key factor in that back 3.

I really don't understand why Mikel completely threw away that option.

You can play a back 3 with both Tierney and Zinchenko on the pitch. Gives Zinchenko more freedom and Tierney can cover defensively.

Need to think outside the box against those big teams. Tierney has to play at Newcastle and City.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

After sleeping (a ****ty sleep) on it, the decisive moment was letting them score just before HT. It's that incident that got the crowd going, not the handbags between Trent and Xhaka. It was also a really sloppy goal to concede at a moment we were well on top.

If we go into HT 2-0 up we go on to win the game, I'm convinced of that.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I get the feeling we dropped points based on what we did rather than based on what they did. Which is a change coming from previous games at Anfield.

Arteta tactically set us up the wrong way in that second half, playing the occasion rather than the game in front of us. Carry on playing like we did in that first 30 minutes and we get a comfortable win even with the Liverpool onslaught.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The hell were Liverpool allowed to get away with absolutely everything. I mean say what you want about the crowd. But having everything given for you actually makes a difference. Gives you a sense of invincibility. Half of the tackles Konate was making looked like fouls. It's one of the reasons that I'd take Rice, need someone to give hell to the refs the way Henderson was doing
Like that line of thinking but problem is Rice in an Arsenal shirt doesn't get anywhere near the leeway he does in an England or even West Ham shirt.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I get the feeling we dropped points based on what we did rather than based on what they did. Which is a change coming from previous games at Anfield.

Arteta tactically set us up the wrong way in that second half, playing the occasion rather than the game in front of us. Carry on playing like we did in that first 30 minutes and we get a comfortable win even with the Liverpool onslaught.
That’s definitely easier said than done.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
There were too many things from this game to be mad about so blaming any one individual incident doesn't really do what we witnessed any justice. That was daylight robbery. Let's return to our winning ways this weekend.

baccy_man

Established Member
Pity that Zinny didn't just kick the ball out for a corner when TTA was coming past him at least we would have had a better chance to clear a corner, But that is in the past now and we need to get over the result and get ready for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom