• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UCL Group Stage: Arsenal 4 - 0 PSV Eindhoven | Wednesday 20th September | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal.jpg

The champions league is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 PSV

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
No he is not. We would have made top 4 with any pl keeper last season

No we wouldn't. He save many points pulling off saves he had no right to be making (he single handed saves us a point against Pool. Earned PFA goalkeeper of the season and Yashin nomination in the process.

I had Ramsdale in our top 5 players last and our best performing player the season prior.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No we wouldn't. He save many points pulling off saves he had no right to be making (he single handed saves us a point against Pool. Earned PFA goalkeeper of the season and Yashin nomination in the process.

I had Ramsdale in our top 5 players last and our best performing player the season prior.
His xgoals saved says he conceded 5 more than he should have. He conceded a lot of soft goals last season. He was the worst performing keeper in the league this season after 4 games statistically before he was dropped

Attachments

• 72BF9A6C-2FC4-4A4C-838F-AABDDA733FC4.png
    72BF9A6C-2FC4-4A4C-838F-AABDDA733FC4.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 1

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hi all, doing a live watch-along on the YouTube channel for this, will stream it on Spotify after but feel free to join.

Mitch

His xgoals saved says he conceded 5 more than he should have. He conceded a lot of soft goals last season. He was the worst performing keeper in the league this season after 4 games statistically before he was dropped

His peers voting on PFA and Yashin award nomination say very different.

Who judges goals XP? Surely each chance is different?

"I am plagiarising from myself pretty much verbatim but xG or expected goals is basically a measure of chance quality. This is a very brief and clumsy explanation but every chance in a match can be given a value representing how likely a shot from that position or situation is to result in a goal. This is normally a value between 0 and 1, with 0 obviously being no chance and 1 being a 100% chance, or 0 being no goal expected and 1 being a certain goal. A shot from a position with a .1 value would suggest a 10% chance of goal from that position."

Judging on that snippet I quickly googled it seems they (whoever is that judges this) is still based on human opinion made out to be statistic reading that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His peers voting on PFA and Yashin award nomination say very different.

Who judges goals? Surely each chance is different?

"am plagiarising from myself pretty much verbatim but xG or expected goals is basically a measure of chance quality. This is a very brief and clumsy explanation but every chance in a match can be given a value representing how likely a shot from that position or situation is to result in a goal. This is normally a value between 0 and 1, with 0 obviously being no chance and 1 being a 100% chance, or 0 being no goal expected and 1 being a certain goal. A shot from a position with a .1 value would suggest a 10% chance of goal from that position."

Judging on that snippet I quickly googled it seems they (whoever is that judges this) is still based on human opinion made out to be statistic reading that.

Footballers are dumb. It tells me he has a lot of mates and is well liked. So basically you refuse to acknowledge any goalkeeping stats because he is bad in all of them

Mitch

Footballers are dumb. It tells me he has a lot of mates and is well liked. So basically you refuse to acknowledge any goalkeeping stats because he is bad in all of them

I'm not refusing to acknowledge all GK stats. However passing off goals XP as a statistic when it's actually a subjective to the judge of the statistic. It's saying all VAR calls are correct, is which clearly there not.

Whoscored is another one. According to their statistics one season team of the season consisted of Monreal (no qualms with that) but also then Valencia, Tomkins and Mustafi. I mean FFS M.Antonio was in the team of the season the season prior to that as a RB!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
PSV is the most inform team out of these 3 opponents, playing very attractive football. Already struggled against them last season, but our best team at home should do it.

Would like to see Havertz against a Non-PL-Team. Somehow he needs some confidence.
We struggled against Xavi Simons and Gakpo, neither of whom are there anymore. We should make light work of them if we don't mess around.

Mitch

We struggled against Xavi Simons and Gakpo, neither of whom are there anymore. We should make light work of them if we don't mess around.

I'm still scarred from being knocked out by them when Gomes and Alex were sensational against us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm not refusing to acknowledge all GK stats. However passing off goals XP as a statistic when it's actually a subjective to the judge of the statistic. It's saying all VAR calls are correct, is which clearly there not.

Whoscored is another one. According to their statistics one season team of the season consisted of Monreal (no qualms with that) but also then Valencia, Tomkins and Mustafi. I mean FFS M.Antonio was in the team of the season the season prior to that as a RB!
I trust my eyes first, then if the stats back it even better. Before even looking at stats I was saying all of last season. Ramsdale lets in a lot of soft goals. Not howlers, but shots if keeper save you won’t say woow. A lot of his problems comes from being badly positioned. Perfect example KDB first goal when they beat us end of the season. 25 yard on his near post. Just a soft goal due too poor positioning

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm kinda of torn on this one. A part of me thinks we should go all out and smash these guys because it's our first CL game in seven years. Then there's the part of me that is worried about the big game on Sunday and thinks we should treat this like a Europa game. At home against a weakened PSV without Xavi Simmons, Maduke or Gakpo, it should be light work.

I will go for:

Trossard-Jesus-Nelson
Havertz-Jorginho-Vieira
Kiwior-Gabriel-Saliba-Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

I think Jesus needs some minutes in his legs. Ideally Saka, Rice, White and Ødegaard come on for the last 20 minutes to finish the game off.

3-0 Arsenal (Jesus x2, Trossard)

MikeVinna

Established Member
Think this PSV side is more dangerous than most think. That being said we should have too much for them.

A big part of me wants to see Rammers in goal. Say what you want but he started for the team that got us back into the Champions League. Ray can play the derby. Trossy in for Gabi and maybe Jesus in for Nketiah.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Think this PSV side is more dangerous than most think. That being said we should have too much for them.

A big part of me wants to see Rammers in goal. Say what you want but he started for the team that got us back into the Champions League. Ray can play the derby. Trossy in for Gabi and maybe Jesus in for Nketiah.
They are the second best team in the group and they are flying right now. Very dangerous

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don’t understand why anyone think we’ll rotate much. First CL game in a long time and at home to add to that. We’ll go a very strong team. I have a feeling Ramsdale will get the cup games from now on, so:

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Zinny
Øde Rice Havertz
Saka Jesus Trossard

Ideally would have ESR and Nelson at LCM and LW but don’t think we’ll see much of them at all this season, barring injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom