• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UCL Group Stage: Arsenal 4 - 0 PSV Eindhoven | Wednesday 20th September | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal.jpg

The champions league is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 PSV

Sparrahork

Ramsdale - White, Saliba, Gabriel, Tomiyasu - Rice, Vieira, Ødegaard - Saka, Jesus, Trossard.

Get 3 goals quickly and make some substitutions.
Other than havertz for Vieira I think this is the line up that will be used, I definitely think zinny sits the start of this out, the rest pretty obvious.

I would want us to rotate more, give kiwi and Nelson minutes from the start resting saliba and Saka. Also maybe esr starting on the left wing.

First game back in ucl however and all will be super keen to play so a very unlikely outcome.

I hope we get a cushion of a lead and sensible substitutes from there on in, i.e. bring on players unlikely to feature in the NLD to get them included and improve match fitness.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the difference now if Arteta managed to figure it out in europe i feel we can compete against the top european teams unlike before when we simply just getting bullied by Barcelona and Bayern they were miles ahead of us that no question but i always hate the way we just not compete and lose heavily

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
the difference now if Arteta managed to figure it out in europe i feel we can compete against the top european teams unlike before when we simply just getting bullied by Barcelona and Bayern they were miles ahead of us that no question but i always hate the way we just not compete and lose heavily
Our team is top 5 in Europe.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Think there will be a little bit of rotation here. Havertz and Jesus will start. I think Tomiyasu might start instead of Zinchenko as well. Need to keep Zinchenko as fresh as possible throughout the season.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

So you're saying rotate where possible?

I'm torn. Martinelli's injury has scared me a little and clubs are picking them up left and right, we have a NLD next weekend and PSV at home is Europa League quality.

But it's also the first night in the CL in years and you want a good start, we also want to top the group and the season has only just begun so maybe it's too early.

I'd say only Zinchenko and Saka should be rested tbh. If you brought in Rice and Gabriel that team shouldn't be losing.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think this is certainly the game where he will rotate our front 3 at least, give GJ his first deserved start ahead of Nketiah along with Trosaard & Nelson, Nelson on the right with Trosaard on the left. He might rest Ødegaard, start ESR along side Havertz again with Jorginho. Tomiyasu will start aswell imo. We still need to keep in a few PL starters though, UCL is a tough competition & it would be preferable to get off to a positive start in the group.

Ramsdale
White Kiwior Gabriel Tomiyasu
Jorginho/Rice
ESR Havertz
Nelson GJ Trosaard.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm torn. Martinelli's injury has scared me a little and clubs are picking them up left and right, we have a NLD next weekend and PSV at home is Europa League quality.

But it's also the first night in the CL in years and you want a good start, we also want to top the group and the season has only just begun so maybe it's too early.

I'd say only Zinchenko and Saka should be rested tbh. If you brought in Rice and Gabriel that team shouldn't be losing.
We did the rotation in the CL group stage thing in 15/16 and ended up in a position where we had to go all out in the last two games to scrape through. Play your best test team now and then rest people in the winter when we have to deal with midweek PL games too.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We did the rotation in the CL group stage thing in 15/16 and ended up in a position where we had to go all out in the last two games to scrape through. Play your best test team now and then rest people in the winter when we have to deal with midweek PL games too.

Good point. Mikel also said last few years he's been getting the players ready for this type of schedule aka Saka.

Still, rest Zinny at least.

Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think this is certainly the game where he will rotate our front 3 at least, give GJ his first deserved start ahead of Nketiah along with Trosaard & Nelson, Nelson on the right with Trosaard on the left. He might rest Ødegaard, start ESR along side Havertz again with Jorginho. Tomiyasu will start aswell imo. We still need to keep in a few PL starters though, UCL is a tough competition & it would be preferable to get off to a positive start in the group.

Ramsdale
White Kiwior Gabriel Tomiyasu
Jorginho/Rice
ESR Havertz
Nelson GJ Trosaard.
You want to start CL with a loss lol. 1-2 changes max. No way esr or Nelson play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom