• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UCL Group Stage: Arsenal 4 - 0 PSV Eindhoven | Wednesday 20th September | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal.jpg

The champions league is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 PSV

Melquiades

Think today is what happens when teams decide to attack us and their badge doesn't say Man City. We carved PSV up pretty badly from there start. And our goals were beautiful. The 2nd and 3rd were absolute peaches!

It isn't a surprise that PL teams sit back against us. Maybe we will see more spaces in the CL where teams haven't decided that the best way to beat us is to sit deep in a low block, kick us all over the field and hope for the referees to bail them out. Thankfully Neanderthal football isn't appreciated across the continent.

Most of the bottom-half teams in the PL (like Everton last week) just park the bus and try to smash and grab a result off the counter or a set piece. And they do it every time they play a top team, and they’re used to doing it.

Teams like PSV are used to being a 70% possession offensive juggernaut in their home league. They’re probably a more talented squad than Everton and only play a truly top team a couple times/year in UCL. And so they go into a game like this playing it like any other game, and it doesn’t work and they get smashed.

I wonder if the same thing will happen to a lesser extent to Sp**s on the weekend.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
How is Bosz regarded in Holland? He was getting some hype a few years ago but that seems to have died down now

He still has a very attractive style of play and i admire that to, but its not suited against a much stronger opponent like us but sometimes its better to attack then soak to much pressure like Everton did.

at Lyon he did very good tbf, think he could do well with an English team.

PSV is the best team in the dutch league with Feyenoord Ajax is far behind now because of Mislintat.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still have this guy feeling that our tactics, especially with Zinny and Kai in their roles, will be enough in the crunch. I think we might have to go a bit more basic at times, like Partey in there for the LCM and alter the dynamics a bit. That's just my gut, I think there's a lot to be exposed there and we'll have to be cuter

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Most of the bottom-half teams in the PL (like Everton last week) just park the bus and try to smash and grab a result off the counter or a set piece. And they do it every time they play a top team, and they’re used to doing it.

Teams like PSV are used to being a 70% possession offensive juggernaut in their home league. They’re probably a more talented squad than Everton and only play a truly top team a couple times/year in UCL. And so they go into a game like this playing it like any other game, and it doesn’t work and they get smashed.

I wonder if the same thing will happen to a lesser extent to Sp**s on the weekend.
This i what I say about Ange teams in general. Record with weaker teams in strong European or Asian inter-country competitions is quite poor (from a fairly large sample size) despite always dominating with his teams domestically. Its definitely a reasonable chance it happens to Sp**s on the weekend, especially if we are clinical.

There are pretty much two given at the Emirates, Sp**s will create more chances than what they usually do, but also be far more susceptible defensively, so we will have a lot of chances. Should be a very entertaining game.

Gooner505

Brilliant game, and amazing to keep a clean sheet up 4-0 and not let our concentration lapse like we usually do. Arteta might be on to something with Raya. Let’s see how he does in the PL against the top competition. Gabriel and Saliba have been absolute beasts in the back line this season. Amazing duo.

Great performances from so many guys tonight. Oedegaard, Jesus and Trossard in particular. Trossard keeps making the point that he can’t be dropped. All that man does is score and assist basically every time he’s on the pitch.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I still have this guy feeling that our tactics, especially with Zinny and Kai in their roles, will be enough in the crunch. I think we might have to go a bit more basic at times, like Partey in there for the LCM and alter the dynamics a bit. That's just my gut, I think there's a lot to be exposed there and we'll have to be cuter
You really have to be on the front foot to let your full backs loose in the midfield to give you an overload there. Watching Everton at the weekend Young hardly moved from his position not far from the corner flag. Their midfield was then totally out numbered.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What a fantastic return to this competition last night was, a great statement from the club.

Must have been a few nerves before it (****ty weather too wouldn't have helped) as so many of our players are rookies at this level, was even our manager's debut.

Be interested to see how this group does in the knockout rounds and deals with that pressure, that will give me an indication on if we have a chance of winning it.

But seeing all the blue around the stadium, hearing the song play again and seeing the badge on the player's sleeves...we back baby!

Kuroske

He still has a very attractive style of play and i admire that to, but its not suited against a much stronger opponent like us but sometimes its better to attack then soak to much pressure like Everton did.

at Lyon he did very good tbf, think he could do well with an English team.

PSV is the best team in the dutch league with Feyenoord Ajax is far behind now because of Mislintat.

It is far to easy to blame everything on the new GM of Ajax. The declining started by firing Overmars and letting 10 Hag and v/d Sar took over the transfer policy. Hiring incompetent coaches like Schreuder and Heitinga.

It is far too early by stating that Mislintat moneyball approach failed. His only mistake was not hiring the right coach.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That's a good point in saying about the difference we may get with lower ranked teams hence why we may dominate possession but not get so many goals & the game not being as pretty, I wonder now though, since this 4-0 win whether Lens & Sevilla will be the same as PSV, still try & attack more, or now it could be more like lower PL opposition, probably still win but not as pretty anymore.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Just watched the beginning back. The kid Jesus walked out with was adorable. Waved at the camera, then shook Jesus' hand when the anthem was over, unlike all the other kids who just ran off. Love his confidence 😍

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Just watched the beginning back. The kid Jesus walked out with was adorable. Waved at the camera, then shook Jesus' hand when the anthem was over, unlike all the other kids who just ran off. Love his confidence 😍
Rewatched the highlights and it is so good to see Saka score that first CL goal after 7 years absence. He really has helped lift us out of the dark days. And the to see Nelson and ESR contribute to the fourth goal. ESR shrugging off a PSV player and passing to Nelson and then on to Ode for a fine goal. ESR another one that shone in the dark days of December 2020. 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom