• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UCL Group Stage: Arsenal 4 - 0 PSV Eindhoven | Wednesday 20th September | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal.jpg

The champions league is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 PSV

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Remember the days when people on AM thought Gabriel would leave this summer, even if he had 4 years in contract? Oh those summer days!
That was fun! Let's also not forget all the ETH and Onana love! I would not be at all suprised if ETH is no longer coach of ManU come May and Onana is second string behind someone. Proper calamity goalkeeper with alligator arms...

See a 60m bid in January for Ramsdale incoming! :thumbsup:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That was fun! Let's also not forget all the ETH and Onana love! I would not be at all suprised if ETH is no longer coach of ManU come May and Onana is second string behind someone. Proper calamity goalkeeper with alligator arms...

See a 60m bid in January for Ramsdale incoming! :thumbsup:
Looking at Ramsdale's wrists and goalkeeper qualities compared to Onana, I think Ramsdale is worth surely at least 60 million. Younger, HG and EPL proven.

De Gea could make saves but not passes, Onana can make passes, but not saves. They need a hybrid. Maybe some day.

Last edited:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

How was the atmosphere? Crowd must have been up for it after 7 years! Glad you got a proper victory to celebrate the return!
great stuff in the stadium tonight, cheered the anthem like a goal…:lol: shame about the weather as we all got bloody soaked waiting for the tube after the game. Haven't seen as much rain at a game since Paris in 06…;)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

great stuff in the stadium tonight, cheered the anthem like a goal…:lol: shame about the weather as we all got bloody soaked waiting for the tube after the game. Haven't seen as much rain at a game since Paris in 06…;)
Envious as can be! Glad you had a good evening despite the rain. Looks like the weather in the UK has taken a turn for the worse.

Thrice

Looking forward to going to the carpet just to hear that sweet, sweet music…

View attachment 18540
They really used every opportunity to play it, too. They played it before the game (obviously), they played it at half time, they played it before 2nd half kick-off, they played it after the game. They played it four times.

Does every club do that and I never realised or was that the DJ soaking it all in?

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I was happy to see Riess and Emile get decent game time, they put the effort in and were heavily involved in the fourth goal but I thought their combination play looked disjointed.
Yeah, they certainly looked rusty

dino bravo

Jeez that rain was unbelievable, we walked to Finsbury Park, I was as soaked as you can be, if I jumped into a swimming pool fully clothed it would have been no different.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Hi, Dutch PSV and Arsenal fan here so i am really looking forward to this game.

I see a lot of people here celebrating PSV sold Gakpo and Simons and thinking the team got weaker, but that's not the case. PSV improved the squad on 7 out of 11 positions with Lang, Schouten, Bella Kotchap, Dest, Lozano, Pepi and Tillman. And PSV is in very good form the past weeks. So i really don't expect it to be a cake walk for Arsenal.

However i will be rooting for both teams and hope for an exciting match!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Activity on this forum is dying that’s all
💯 We return to the CL after 7 years and crush Eindhoven 4-0 playing some champagne football and we have what, 75 pages in the match thread? Too much complaining and negativity from too many posters regardless of results drive away any newcomers I bet. Who in their right mind would start posting here with the **** anyone positive gets?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Better attacking performance tonight, but I dont think we see as many open, attacking teams this season.

We werent as solid at the back though, despite the clean sheet. The XG and field tilt numbers should give us a clearer picture of this.

But the game control was better than I've seen before, when we are this expansive. I enjoyed that, it shows we are improving as a unit

Edit. XG surprisingly still good

Think today is what happens when teams decide to attack us and their badge doesn't say Man City. We carved PSV up pretty badly from there start. And our goals were beautiful. The 2nd and 3rd were absolute peaches!

It isn't a surprise that PL teams sit back against us. Maybe we will see more spaces in the CL where teams haven't decided that the best way to beat us is to sit deep in a low block, kick us all over the field and hope for the referees to bail them out. Thankfully Neanderthal football isn't appreciated across the continent.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
💯 We return to the CL after 7 years and crush Eindhoven 4-0 playing some champagne football and we have what, 75 pages in the match thread? Too much complaining and negativity from too many posters regardless of results drive away any newcomers I bet. Who in their right mind would start posting here with the **** anyone positive gets?
I’m not sure but maybe mid week games naturally get less activity here. Anyone know the average number of pages we had on Europa group stage games last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom