• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UCL Group Stage: Arsenal 4 - 0 PSV Eindhoven | Wednesday 20th September | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal.jpg

The champions league is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 PSV

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Really good performance if we can start putting together long stretches of concentration instead of playing in bursts we are talented enough to win things. Raya has sped up the buildup

ThePortugueseGunner

What a return to the Champions League! Exatly what we needed, too: a solid win to start us off. Three points in the bag, let's get the next ones. Team looked very sharp tonight, great appetizer for the NLD.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Comfy win and lovely to see ESR, Nelson and Vieira get minutes in them, also refreshing to see Arteta did not stench our eyes with Bumketiah ball polluting the Emirates.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Our first win in the Champions League since December 2016, our first home win since October 2016.

Been a hot minute, ngl!

What a long 7 years this has been. Who would have believed it if you said that back to us in October 2016?

A long hill has to be scaled with a new group of players and renewed belief. Let’s give it our all and see if this group can go one further where previous teams had failed

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was happy to see Riess and Emile get decent game time, they put the effort in and were heavily involved in the fourth goal but I thought their combination play looked disjointed.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
With Raya at the back we can actually play out the back properly even when teams are pressing. It's huge that were able to do that now, because it takes the sting out of the opposition, unfortunately with ramsdale, you know that he would eventually boot it in to the stands which then resulted in a loss of possession and momentum.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With Raya at the back we can actually play out the back properly even when teams are pressing. It's huge that were able to do that now, because it takes the sting out of the opposition, unfortunately with ramsdale, you know that he would eventually boot it in to the stands which then resulted in a loss of possession and momentum.
I was satisfied with Raya’s performance but he twice did what you’re accusing Ramsdale of tonight.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To be fair to them they played more aggressive than most PL sides at Emirates they had 12 attempts even tho all were outside the box but they caused us trouble. At psv we might struggle a bit
Best team we played this season outside of Man U. Easily better team than Fulham, Nottingham or Everton

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Saliba and Gabriel is such an incredible pair.
Remember the days when people on AM thought Gabriel would leave this summer, even if he had 4 years in contract? Oh those summer days!

When Timber along with Zinchenko comes back, Gabriel can play easily with either one on the field. If it's Tomiyasu, Arteta might put Saliba at LCB as he is better with the ball. This looks evident.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching the highlights back, Trossard and Jesus hugging eachother after Gabby had a shot saved...both acted like it was the last kick of a knockout match and it meant we were out 🤣

Last edited:

drippin

Props to the subs btw, they were ready from the word go & created a lot for themselves
Also props to Arteta for making the subs, and opting for the tactic that it's better to get a lead with the best first eleven, and then rest players for the NLD. By the lead and by the substitutions. It has not always worked as well as this time around.

He also played Havertz full 90 minutes, so Vieira will start the next game very likely. But can be substituted early. Rotation can be done in multiple ways. Nketiah might start the NLD.

drippin

Better attacking performance tonight, but I dont think we see as many open, attacking teams this season.

We werent as solid at the back though, despite the clean sheet. The XG and field tilt numbers should give us a clearer picture of this.

But the game control was better than I've seen before, when we are this expansive. I enjoyed that, it shows we are improving as a unit

Edit. XG surprisingly still good

I hope we saw the same game, because PSV had zero chance to win the game. This was possibly the best game of the season. And on an UCL night. PSV can surely be midtable EPL on their day nowadays.

Arsenal nullified PSV much more than I thought. I thought they would score once by some mistakes or individual brilliance, but Arsenal would score 2-3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom