• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 7 (Sep 30-Oct 3)

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
'cause Sp**s got gifted a W by the refs.

Fk them.

It is impressive what Ange has done but they’re just not in our orbit this year. They’ve been lucky with a few late wins, gifts from refs and gifts from our finishing malaise.

Luck won’t carry them the whole season.

They’ll be on my radar next season if they make some good buys. Ange is a good coach, they’re squad just isn’t there rn.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That PGMOL statement doesn't explain what went wrong, just that they were wrong. That is not sufficient. It was obvious that they were wrong to literally everyone watching. I don't think I heard a single person say, "yeah, that call seems right." We don't need to hear that.

They should have announced an investigation with consequences. Heads should roll. They are damaging the PL as a product with these missed calls, and calling every close VAR decision into question. I almost had to turn that match off. They have to know this will set off kinds of conspiracy theorizing among hurt fans.

"Generous" explanations (that all suggest serious problems)
1. Software wasn't working and they didn't want to wait for it to get fixed
2. They didn't have Romero in the picture they were looking at when they made the decision
3. They don't know the effing rules

Crazy conspiracy (what fans will want to believe)
1. Somebody cut the feed to the VAR booth
2. Man City paid off the VAR refs
3. There was a Sp**s fan with a gun pointed at their heads
4. Refs actually want to discredit VAR so they don't have to deal with it anymore (that's actually not so crazy)

The only problem explaining what happened is that the person in charge could actually be put in danger by some unbalanced fan. I actually think the red card was by the letter of the law. First yellow to Jota for clipping heels of a player ahead is something that is almost always given - even if incidental. The second yellow for Jota could have been pocketed since the first was so minimal.
It doesn't because they can't come out and say that the people they empower to be corrupt misinterpreted just how much leeway they have to be corrupt. There is no actual explanation for what went wrong because it didn't go wrong based on the desired outcome. Their 'investigation" is concocting a story and coming up with some horseshit explanation and coverup.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
If their going with this story they need to investigate for match fixing, and if they actually are just that incompetent they should never officiate a Premier League game again. :facepalm:

Is this the explanation? And they think we will believe this? :lol:

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this because Liverpool fans were twerking for City to win the league last season and so were probably happy when they fOrGoT tO dRaW tHe LiNeS for the Brentford goal

Melquiades

If their going with this story they need to investigate for match fixing, and if they actually are just that incompetent they should never officiate a Premier League game again. :facepalm:

Holy mother of god.

Assuming that is what actually happened - which is a stretch - why would you not just call back down to fix the confusion as soon as you saw the ref give the goal and the players line up in the middle of the field? The incompetence boggles the mind.

Edit : obviously I mean not give the goal and the players line up for the free kick.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Holy mother of god.

Assuming that is what actually happened - which is a stretch - why would you not just call back down to fix the confusion as soon as you saw the ref give the goal and the players line up in the middle of the field? The incompetence boggles the mind.
This was the excuse for that. But it makes no sense, they literally gave Utd a pen after full time once.

Melquiades

This was the excuse for that. But it makes no sense, they literally gave Utd a pen after full time once.

There still should have been enough time to sort.

But also, was the VAR official not watching the game and at the concession getting a burger or something? How could you think the onfield decision was a goal? Liverpool didn’t even celebrate because it was so quickly/obviously flagged offside.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
There still should have been enough time to sort.

But also, was the VAR official not watching the game and at the concession getting a burger or something? How could you think the onfield decision was a goal? Liverpool didn’t even celebrate because it was so quickly/obviously flagged offside.

Its because its not an error, its match fixing in the open. If anyone believes that explanation ur naive and I feel sorry for you all.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lol that's ridiculous. They are in constant contact with the ref. They could easily just speak to them again and say "miscommunication, the goal should stand".

If they didn't do that because they wanted to avoid a bit embarrassment from looking silly then they should be sacked.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom