• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Yeah, his crossing talents are going to be much needed with someone like Lacazette up front :rolleyes:

Also am i missing something here? Two left footers in midfield is a problem but two right footers isn't? What we're essentially saying is that if Jack Wilshere was still at his old level he'd be a **** partner for Xhaka because he's left footed?

Its not what "we're" saying its what @RonaldoMadness is saying :)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
For me Lemar is seen as a rotation player until Alexis inevitably leaves next summer. Remember he's still only 21. If we don't sign a striker then Alexis will play up top with Lemar at LF no doubt.

He won't be coming here to be a rotation player. It's a world cup year and he's already at a good club with a guaranteed starting role. He's not coming here to sit on the bench, and we don't pay £30m to have someone sitting on the bench.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He won't be coming here to be a rotation player. It's a world cup year and he's already at a good club with a guaranteed starting role. He's not coming here to sit on the bench, and we don't pay £30m to have someone sitting on the bench.

Where's he starting then if Alexis stays?

If we sign Lemar then we go back to 4231 or Alexis leaves (if Lemar is going to be a starter)

DDZ8rg0WAAAH_pP.jpg:large

Something like that. Also remember 30m in this market is 10-20m a few years ago.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Where's he starting then if Alexis stays?

If Alexis stays he'll either play next to Xhaka or most likely Arsène will play 4-2-3-1 again. That's the only two things i can see happening. I just can't see him coming here to sit on the bench. The only other option is Alexis leaving.

Sanchez---Özil---Lemar
--------Lacazette-------

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Alexis stays he'll either play next to Xhaka or most likely Arséne will play 4-2-3-1 again. That's the only two things i can see happening. I just can't see him coming here to sit on the bench. The only other option is Alexis leaving.

Sanchez---Özil---Lemar
--------Lacazette-------

To be fair great minds think alike, check the above post :lol:;)

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Its one season in the Europa ffs we will back in the cl next season. Why are you making it sound we are everton or southampton??
Nothing to do with where we are , Lacazette said earlier in the summer that his dream is to play for Atletico Madrid.
Although our current position doesn't help compared to theirs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette could go somewhere else while we wait for Mbappe, then Mbappe will do the expected and reject us. Then we ll end up with Giroud.
Wenger isn't a *****, the whole Higuain-Suarez was very different to what's happening now.

Just think about it for a minute. Wenger will know if Mbappe wants to join, he could easily know right now and be having to wait for reasons we don't even understand.

One thing is clear though, Aulas won't just sell Lacazette without Arsène knowing about it. Say what you want about Wenger as a manager but he's not an idiot. Mbappe's intentions are probably already known to him and if not then Arsenal will give them a clear deadline. At the same time Lyon will most probably let Arsenal know if another club bids for Lacazette as they will want as much money as possible. Remember: a bidding war is in their best interests as the selling club.

If we don't sign Lacazette it's because Wenger didn't want him. Simple.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Nothing to do with where we are , Lacazette said earlier in the summer that his dream is to play for Atletico Madrid.
Although our current position doesn't help compared to theirs.

Footballers say a lot of things.

Just a few months back, Lacazette said Barcelona were his dream club. A few weeks ago he said he wanted to join a CL club. Now he says it's not a dealbreaker. Words are meaningless in the transfer window.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Also guys, this is football not FM.

Lemar starts outwide and comes into central areas to accommodate that freak Mendy. Does he have the attributes to play CM? Yes. Could he play CM? Maybe.

Talking about his as a genuine CM option is a bit naive. Also do you want a guy adapting to a new league, team and role all in one season? Look what happened when Wenger tried that with Xhaka.

Yato

For guys who want Giroud to stay as our main striker, just remember his celebration when he scored that equalizer 3-3 versus Bournemouth, we had 5 minutes remaining and he celebrated like he scored in the CL final.

Mentality is the key, we don't have a proper striker and that's a fact, we will never win EPL with Giroud.

Latymer

"I just dont feel that excitement for lacazette"

Why? Because youve been spoilt by the nevergonnahappen Mbappe hype train? Exactly like when we had the Suarez IV in our veins and people were rejecting Higuain...

Lacazette is a proven killer. If he signs I will be ecstatic. Hell expose Giroud for the fraud he is and finally give Özil something to work with

Part of me thinks it's all a ruse though. If we are serious then GET IT DONE. But as usual we are dillydallying acting like we are in for a huge name (Mbappe, Suarez, Benzema) while stalling the ones we could actually pull of (Lacazette, Higuain, Remy) until someone else invariably swoops in and leaves us with Donkey and Welbeck

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Why? Because youve been spoilt by the nevergonnahappen Mbappe hype train? Exactly like when we had the Suarez IV in our veins and people were rejecting Higuain...

Lacazette is a proven killer. If he signs I will be ecstatic. Hell expose Giroud for the fraud he is and finally give Özil something to work with

Part of me thinks it's all a ruse though. If we are serious then GET IT DONE. But as usual we are dillydallying acting like we are in for a huge name (Mbappe, Suarez, Benzema) while stalling the ones we could actually pull of (Lacazette, Higuain, Remy) until someone else invariably swoops in and leaves us with Donkey and Welbeck

The fact that you think Higuain isn't a big name, wanted us to pull off Remy and use the term donkey to describe Giroud instantly makes this post completely invalid.

Yato

At that time, remember how many fans have been saying Higuain was a RM reject, and he was hated almost like Lacazette, and yet he got into Seria A, scored 37 goals, was bought by Juve for 70 million.

Some fans here are blind, they act like Ty.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

At that time, remember how many fans have been saying Higuain was a RM reject, and he was hated almost like Lacazette, and yet he got into Seria A, scored 37 goals, was bought by Juve for 70 million.

Some fans here are blind, they act like Ty.

The good news is that the club don't care what we think. They'll do what they think is best and people on AM not liking a certain player won't influence that.

Yato

Well, we can see how successful this club is by doing things their " own " way.

If they keep with the same things, I expect us to sink even deeper, and I am worried, as an Arsenal fan.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If Alexis stays he'll either play next to Xhaka or most likely Arséne will play 4-2-3-1 again. That's the only two things i can see happening. I just can't see him coming here to sit on the bench. The only other option is Alexis leaving.

Sanchez---Özil---Lemar
--------Lacazette-------

Amen to that. Lemar will not come to be a bench player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well, we can see how successful this club is by doing things their " own " way.

If they keep with the same things, I expect us to sink even deeper, and I am worried, as an Arsenal fan.

Keep sinking?

Look at our squad back in 2012 -

• Fabianski - Mannone - Szczesny

• Gibbs - Sagna - Santos - Jenkinson

• Djourou - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Bartley

• Arteta - Diaby - Lansbury - Ramsey - Rosicky - Song - Coquelin - Frimpong - Wilshere

• Gervinho - Podolski - Walcott - Miyaichi - Oxlade-Chamberlain

• Giroud - Chamakh - Park
Look at it now, even if Alexis were to leave we'll replace him adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom