• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0D

Almighty
Giroud has scored some important goals for us and even in the last half of the season where he was more often a sub he came on and did a job... moreover he offers a different option to what else we have and Lacazette. A different option that we may need at times.

Would be stupid to let him go, even if he might not like playing second fiddle to Lacazette.

Only way i'd be happy to let him leave would be if we were to get both Lacazette and Mbappe, which just aint happening.

say yes

forum master baiter
I prefer if he stayed there are some people who will celebrate Giroud leaving but there have been far more players who have given less then he has. His mentality and professionalism has been spot on most of the time.

Based on what?

He's the laziest forward in our squad, rolls around at the slightest touch, has a tendency to pick up stupid bookings/reds and continually bottles big moments.

This the same footballer who cheats on his wife in the early hours of the morning rather than resting the night before a big game? Who cups his ears to the fans when we've just lost the title to ****ing Leicester because he scored against Aston Villa?

This guy?!

giroud-one-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

carlito'sway

Established Member
Based on what?

He's the laziest forward in our squad, rolls around at the slightest touch, has a tendency to pick up stupid bookings/reds and continually bottles big moments.

This the same footballer who cheats on his wife in the early hours of the morning rather than resting the night before a big game? Who cups his ears to the fans when we've just lost the title to ****ing Leicester because he scored against Aston Villa?

This guy?!

giroud-one-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

That is really harsh. Giroud has been a strong addition to Arsenal football club. He has his limitations but I don't think it is fair to question his professionalism and commitment.

say yes

forum master baiter
That is really harsh. Giroud has been a strong addition to Arsenal football club. He has his limitations but I don't think it is fair to question his professionalism and commitment.

I think it's completely fair. Not seen anything that sets Giroud above the other hardworking professionals in our squad, quite the opposite. How many Arsenal players get dropped by Arsène for their off-field antics?

Not going to pretend Giroud has been the consummate professional just because he's leaving and people are desperate to give him some sort of nebulous compliment.

Zaza

Sorry but he can leave if he's demanding a first team spot. He has had his chances as first choice and if he thinks he's too good to be second choice/fight for a spot, then goodbye and goodluck.
I remember when he said he would be upset if we signed Higuain but had no problem with us going for Suarez because they could play together. He even went as far as comparing his first season stat to that of a 22 year old Henry and RVP. He works hard, but sometimes he can be a bit too arrogant.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Based on what?

This guy?!

4133318-4557099011-tumbl.gif

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Based on what?

This guy?!

Embarrassing post.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I bet lots of players cheat before matches but they just don't get caught! (Not that it makes it ok)
I'm surprised.. I actually rated Giroud's mentality was one of his best attributes! Knows he has his limitations but backs himself

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Based on what?

This guy?!

I'm not his biggest fan, but that's harsh. He's more clutch than a bottler, and he's a great pro. Lazy? Ooooh, sailing close to the wind there... Wouldnt be because he doesn't throw himself around or chase lost causes would it? *cough*Özil*cough* I can imagine how disgusted you'd be if he were a midfielder...

Last edited:

Rouski

Based on what?

This guy?!

https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141214/wenger-i-believe-in-giroud-s-mentality

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/wenger-delighted-girouds-mentality

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/giroud-hails-arsenals-stronger-mentality

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/12/wenger-hails-giroud-mentality-sounds-rotation-warning/

These are from 2014, 2 in 2015 and one in 2016

Since he signed in 2012 there has been no player who has scored more goals for Arsenal than him. From a £10m signing who if he is leaving will go for £20m plus after scoring around 100 goals. If you can't get behind players that have given that much to the club or a manager who has given everything to the club then go "support" another team.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141214/wenger-i-believe-in-giroud-s-mentality

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/wenger-delighted-girouds-mentality

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/giroud-hails-arsenals-stronger-mentality

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/12/wenger-hails-giroud-mentality-sounds-rotation-warning/

These are from 2014, 2 in 2015 and one in 2016

Since he signed in 2012 there has been no player who has scored more goals for Arsenal than him. From a £10m signing who if he is leaving will go for £20m plus after scoring around 100 goals. If you can't get behind players that have given this much the club or a manager who has given everything to the club then go "support" another team.

Good post! This kind of senseless hate for a football player who has given his best or the club is really weird and incomprehensible.

Rouski

Its starting to get very hard on here to have a opinion on footballer that doesn't go with the flow of the majority unless someone has to call him a hater or Sp**s fan or a troll...

There is a difference having an opinion saying he has limitations or he doesn't fit in with the style Arsenal play and what the poster said. The poster was trying to belittle a player on a personal level and at the same time making out he's a supporter of the club, ffs. He asked the question.

There is a difference having an opinion saying he has limitations or he doesn't fit in with the style Arsenal play and what the poster said. The poster was trying to belittle a player on a personal level and at the same time making out he's a supporter of the club, ffs. He asked the question.

Who are you talking about?

Rouski

Based on what?

This guy?!

@hydrofluoric acid: this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom