• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Pretty obvious the club wants to move him on. He's on high wages relative to his output and we really need to sell before we can buy. Makes sense that Laca goes and I'm fairly confident we can find a replacement for him. I really think people overestimate his ability. Ham-fisting him into the line up has probably cost us our attacking output imo.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don't know why Arsenal fans are reluctant to sell Lacazette but will complain about the resale value and age of the players we are linked to. You have Lacazette who is 29 years old, 2 years left on his contract and on the decline. He went from 14, 13 and now 10 goals. Now he's been gathering interest from Athletico Madrid and Juventus and you won't sell him because "he's only striker who can do what he does?" That's an easy 35 million. Huh, you think Lacazette is the only striker to ever drop deep?

Divided_Pie

I don't know why Arsenal fans are reluctant to sell Lacazette but will complain about the resale value and age of the players we are linked to. You have Lacazette who is 29 years old, 2 years left on his contract and on the decline. He went from 14, 13 and now 10 goals. Now he's been gathering interest from Athletico Madrid and Juventus and you won't sell him because "he's only striker who can do what he does?" That's an easy 35 million. Huh, you think Lacazette is the only striker to ever drop deep?
Don't conflate the arguments.

Nobody said he's the only striker in the world who can drop deep. What was said is that you can be a valuable striker while only scoring 10-12 league goals, and we don't currently have another striker who can contribute in that role.

Nobody said we shouldn't sell him under any circumstances. What was said is that if we can't replace him with a similar caliber of player, then we should keep him because he's valuable.

If Arsenal can sell him for 35-40M while replacing him with another player of similar quality and skillset then I think most would be happy with that.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not so much that I don’t think he’s the only striker who can do what he does. I actually only checked the contributions to have a definite argument to move him on. He’s slow and doesn’t really pass the eye test. But if we’re to replace his output in the short term, which we have to with Auba signing imho, I don’t know if it’d be easy to find someone for the same money.

I personally like Memphis Depay who I think would be a better fit for what Arteta seems to be looking for in that role. Edouard looks very interesting as well.

Regardless, if anything Lacazette’s underrated here and not the other way around.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we sell Lacazette I really don't want it to be a player swap deal with Juventus, don't want any of their players they are offering either, rather it be pure cash so we get more budget & that will help us with future transfers for us. Happy for Laca to go to Juventus, wouldn't care where he goes, just not a player swap deal.

Gunners1616

Besides Memphis nobody fills me with confidence when it comes to immediately replacing his ~15 goals, numerous assists and hold up play.
Could do with some size and physicality from Haller... Already adapted to the PL, could create huge gap for Auba'/Pépé/Willian to exploit. And Tierney and Pépé crosses would be burried in. And when we need another profile Auba' or Martinelli/Nketiah could also play 9...

Sebastian-Haller-West-Ham.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Could do with some size and physicality from Haller... Already adapted to the PL, could create huge gap for Auba'/Pépé/Willian to exploit. And Tierney and Pépé crosses would be burried in. And when we need another profile Auba' or Martinelli/Nketiah could also play 9...

Sebastian-Haller-West-Ham.jpg
If you compare his debut PL season to Lacas I'm not sure you can confidently say he'll make the step up.

Laca averages about 20 PL goal contributions a season when healthy, Haller is on about half of that...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Don't conflate the arguments.

Nobody said he's the only striker in the world who can drop deep. What was said is that you can be a valuable striker while only scoring 10-12 league goals, and we don't currently have another striker who can contribute in that role.

Nobody said we shouldn't sell him under any circumstances. What was said is that if we can't replace him with a similar caliber of player, then we should keep him because he's valuable.

If Arsenal can sell him for 35-40M while replacing him with another player of similar quality and skillset then I think most would be happy with that.

I would be amazed if we got 35 to 40m for him. We have to sell him this window or we're stuck for another 2 years. £25 to 30m max!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If you compare his debut PL season to Lacas I'm not sure you can confidently say he'll make the step up.

Laca averages about 20 PL goal contributions a season when healthy, Haller is on about half of that...

Laca managed 13 goals and 8 assists in PL 18/19 thats the only time his combined total has exceeded 20, his average is NOT 20. Why do people big this guy up? He is a poor CF who has generally flopped at Arsenal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca managed 13 goals and 8 assists in PL 18/19 thats the only time his combined total has exceeded 20, his average is NOT 20. Why do people big this guy up? He is a poor CF who has generally flopped at Arsenal.

I said when healthy, which is his debut season and last season. In those two seasons he managed 2000 + minutes for us but didn't come close to that this year...because he wasn't healthy.

So yeah. When healthy he's averaged 19.5 PL goal contributions. That mathematically rounds up to twenty Mr Pedantic. :p

A poor forward doesn't get those numbers. I'm all for replacing him, it makes sense to replace him. But our squad doesn't need to go backwards right now, if we can't replace him with someone that can get 20 PL goal contributions – a lot easier said than done btw. Then I think we keep him and sell him next summer when the market has recovered a bit.

Only 15 players hit the 19 goals + assists mark this season and like half of them play for Man City. None of them were PL debutants and the closest player to that mark who was a PL debutant was Bruno Penandes on 16. It's something people on here are taking for granted.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like Haller as I’m sure @jones would agree, he was quality at Frankfurt and I think he struggled last year because the team was set up all wrong.

No pacey runners around him last year he could bring into play, think they bought him as a straight target man they could knock it into but while he’s good in the air it’s not really his game.

Doubt West Ham would sell because his value is pretty low right now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Only 15 players hit the 19 goals + assists mark this season and like half of them play for Man City. None of them were PL debutants and the closest player to that mark who was a PL debutant was Bruno Penandes on 16. It's something people on here are taking for granted.
Quoting this for truth, people are obsessed with making him worse than he actually is and I don't really get it.

With 2 years left on his contract though, it is getting to the point where we either extend for a year or two or think about selling I suppose.

Anyways bump for those hoping for Laca transfer news.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

35 million? In what world is that his current value?

We are lucky if a team gives us 10 million considering the wages he is on.

If you were an opposing fan and your team spent 35 million on Lacazette. Only Arsenal and Everon are stupid with transfer fees.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We’re now being told to ignore assists, I’ve truly seen it all. :lol:

End product is goals + assists because believe it or not, a player that creates goals is just as important as one who scores them.

P.s. I'm marking posters who liked that post with an asterisk now. Never seen anything like it.

You know if I pass the ball to you and you bang it in from 30 yards that counts as an assist right? One of Lacazette's assists this season was like that for Pepe.

Overrated stat tbh, if he scored more no one would mention his assists. People just clutch at straws for Twerkcazette.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
There must be off season if Laca has become good again. :lol:

When he was playing everyone agreed he was **** bar the usual trolls who rather see us lose than admit they were wrong.

He has been playing good since the restart, in general. Perhaps too little too late but he has not been playing bad

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom