• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Dybala is on 13 mil at Juve and if we're to believe the reports that Partey wants 10, that's 23 mil in wages for two players + money spent on them.
Add Auba and Özil to the list and the wage bill goes through the roof. It's not rocket science to understand that we're not going to make those deals and get another midfielder and CB in the same window.

Lacazette earns £10m a year so signing Dybala with Lacazette going the other way is a £3m increase to the wage bill (not that I believe this deal will happen anyway). Torreira and Guendouzi probably earn a combined £7m a year. With them gone and Partey coming in it’s £3m added to the wage bill, so a £6m increase in total. This isn’t even taking into account other wages that will be saved with people like Mkhitaryan, Holding and Ceballos going. That’s probably about £15m in saved wages there.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Lacazette earns £10m a year so signing Dybala with Lacazette going the other way is a £3m increase to the wage bill (not that I believe this deal will happen anyway). Torreira and Guendouzi probably earn a combined £7m a year. With them gone and Partey coming in it’s £3m added to the wage bill, so a £6m increase in total. This isn’t even taking into account other wages that will be saved with people like Mkhitaryan, Holding and Ceballos going. That’s probably about £15m in saved wages there.
Yes, but you're forgetting we need to buy backups for these players as well and add their wages to the books.

Selling Torreira and Gwen and only Partey coming in leaves a gap in the squad and you need someone else for Dani in there.

Also, we have a luxury player in Özil that's cashing in but doesn't offer anything and Willian is going to be on the books for a couple of years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Read my other reply about the whole transfer window before calling it stupid logic. There's no way in hell we're getting two players on huge wages for 80 mil cash and Laca + another replacement for Dani and a CB.

@KrissKringle I don't wanna argue just want you to see it from my point of view...

With wages FFP is relaxed this season due to Covid. Teams can therefore make losses of over 30M euro as long as its sorted and balanced out next year. Owners can also use their own cash to help clubs if need be.

This ties in quite nicely with around £30-40M a year worth of wages leaving our books next summer, that isn't including anyone who may be sold this summer either.

@FinnGooner AST have said that the refinancing of the stadium debt will allow the ring fenced £36M to most likely be used towards wages and such. It isn't just made for transfers but it all has a knock on effect. If you have extra cash available for wages it then allows you to free up more funds elsewhere etc etc. We had three home games after lockdown. So whilst overall its a large hit to our match day revenue, in broader terms, if fans can come back into stadiums by October, it isn't going to hit us as hard as first thought.

I think the net transfer spend was a lot lower for last summer as well. If I remember correctly the Saliba fee is £5M a year, Pepe first payment was around £19M, Luiz and Tierney together around £32M, Martinelli £6M and Ceballos loan fee i'm not sure on. So a spend for the year of roughly £60M. But sales, mainly Iwobi at £35M, would push that even lower. This year of course you'll have another years worth of Pepe/Saliba fee's come out, but it wont be much of a hit on us.

On top of that the FA cup run was worth around £30-40M to us, that includes prize money for winning the cup and also money that will come in from being in the Europa league.

And then on top of that you have player sales we'll be making. I firmly believe the club will spend 9 figures this summer, not sure on the net spend, but I think 30-50M is a fair guess.

Just my take on it.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Napoli just spent 50 on Osimhen and I'm guessing they're looking to offload Milik now. He's been hit and miss over there since they bought him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not sure why Juve are interested in either Lacazette or Milik, if I was them and I 'had' to sign one of the two it would be Milik purely on financials as it should be cheaper and I'm guessing the role they would be filling is back up/bench player.

But again, why the **** they would be interested in those two is beyond me.

DennisTheLegend

Not sure why Juve are interested in either Lacazette or Milik, if I was them and I 'had' to sign one of the two it would be Milik purely on financials as it should be cheaper and I'm guessing the role they would be filling is back up/bench player.

But again, why the **** they would be interested in those two is beyond me.

It’s cause you have no idea about football, the fact that Atletico and Juve are keen on Laca should tell you something about his qualities. Arteta also rates him. What makes you better qualified ? Just a lot of breeze and hating on our players. Laca out fan boys won’t even support him next season and be hoping that he fails. Our fans are sad little c****s

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It’s cause you have no idea about football, the fact that Atletico and Juve are keen on Laca should tell you something about his qualities. Arteta also rates him. What makes you better qualified ? Just a lot of breeze and hating on our players. Laca out fan boys won’t even support him next season and be hoping that he fails. Our fans are sad little c****s

What the **** :lol::lol::lol:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
You're acting as if Juve & Atletico have never made any transfer blunders. His lack of physical attributes hinders him in this league & he hasn’t produced at the level required for a club like Arsenal.

Why are there so name callers & fanboys in this forum nowadays?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Who the **** are you? :rofl:

What makes you so qualified then? All I see you do (had to check as I still dont know who you are) is type 'breeze' and suck Lacazette off, every now and then you get in a little rage and call people names :lol:

****in' weirdo.

DennisTheLegend

You're acting as if Juve & Atletico have never made any transfer blunders. His lack of physical attributes hinders him in this league & he hasn’t produced at the level required for a club like Arsenal.

Why are there so name callers & fanboys in this forum nowadays?

Physical attributes, what games are you watching pal. What is our level at this moment? Trust me we won’t find an upgrade for less than £70m and finances aren’t exactly rosy.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom