• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hope @Rex Banter is right when he says that Atleti don’t negotiate.

Can see a Partey - Dybala swap working out for both sides, which would be thoroughly depressing for us.

Tbf they’d probably make an exception for Dybala where they pull some nonsense like Juventus pay the release clause and then Atletico just give them the money back plus a little extra for Dybala.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We don't have the CB's or DMF/CMF's at this point to have 4 at the back I think. Maybe next year.

And I'd rather a player who can play many positions in addition to AMF. CMF/AMF or AMF/WF.

Dybala is AMF/RW/SS? And RW is for Pepe. And we don't have SS? Can he replace Laca at CF?

We're going for Gabriel which would indicate we will absolutely bring a CB in, even if its not him. Gabriel and Saliba both coming for the CB roles. We're also after Partey and another midfielder if we can't get Ceballos. Meaning the two positions in front of the defence are sorted.

Dybala would play in the hole in a 4231, potentially as a deeper forward in a 433 and as a LW/STR in 343. Remember Willian is also coming and he can play LW, Auba could be moved up top. I think the main reason for making Laca drop is to collect and play forward. If we had Dybala in the 10 you stop the need for that, Auba could go back up top with Pepe right and Willian/Saka/Martinelli left.

This is all wishlist stuff mind you, but the Athletic have said Arteta wants a wide player, a 6, an 8 and a 10.

But if Lacazette goes then you need to replace him as well. So Dybala fixes a lot of problems. Fixes the Laca replacement problem and also the 10 problem. He is the only player I'd take in a swap for Lacazette apart from Cristian Romero and a lot of money from Juve.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We're going for Gabriel which would indicate we will absolutely bring a CB in, even if its not him. Gabriel and Saliba both coming for the CB roles. We're also after Partey and another midfielder if we can't get Ceballos. Meaning the two positions in front of the defence are sorted.

Dybala would play in the hole in a 4231, potentially as a deeper forward in a 433 and as a LW/STR in 343. Remember Willian is also coming and he can play LW, Auba could be moved up top. I think the main reason for making Laca drop is to collect and play forward. If we had Dybala in the 10 you stop the need for that, Auba could go back up top with Pepe right and Willian/Saka/Martinelli left.

This is all wishlist stuff mind you, but the Athletic have said Arteta wants a wide player, a 6, an 8 and a 10.

But if Lacazette goes then you need to replace him as well. So Dybala fixes a lot of problems. Fixes the Laca replacement problem and also the 10 problem. He is the only player I'd take in a swap for Lacazette apart from Cristian Romero and a lot of money from Juve.

So would you start Gabriel & Saliba together in a back 4 in their first season in EPL?

While both have something like 1,5 seasons of top 5 league football in Ligue 1 and are young.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So would you start Gabriel & Saliba together in a back 4 in their first season in EPL?

While both have something like 1,5 seasons of top 5 league football in Ligue 1 and are young.

I wouldn't no, not straight away anyway. Luiz was signed on for a reason and we also signed Mari. You'll see us playing 343 in big games next season imo, so in some games you'll see Gabriel (if signed), Luiz and Saliba at the back. Depends what happens in training and such.

But because they're both young doesn't mean they can't build a good partnership. If both have less mistakes in them than our current CB's then you obviously start both.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldn't no, not straight away anyway. Luiz was signed on for a reason and we also signed Mari. You'll see us playing 343 in big games next season imo, so in some games you'll see Gabriel (if signed), Luiz and Saliba at the back. Depends what happens in training and such.

But because they're both young doesn't mean they can't build a good partnership. If both have less mistakes in them than our current CB's then you obviously start both.

Yeah, I just don't see it happening very soon. At the end of season or season after.

It does no good to throw young players under the bus, losing confidence, in a position where you (usually) need very much experience to be great.

3 at the back helps next season as they have more backup, and Luiz will guide them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, I just don't see it happening very soon. At the end of season or season after.

It does no good to throw young players under the bus, losing confidence, in a position where you (usually) need very much experience to be great.

3 at the back helps next season as they have more backup, and Luiz will guide them.

I think logically you start Gabriel with Luiz if he impresses. We do need to go with a back 4 in the smaller games. But yeah for next season in big games I can see us going with 343 again. And it works so why not. Just like any players in the squad if Saliba performs very well in cup comps you start integrating him into the first 11.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
100 pages and I'm not sure if he's even linked to anyone.

I just checked, the window runs until 5th Oct, then 5th to 16th Oct domestic only. We have plenty of time because this is a weird year for football and everything else!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
100 pages and I'm not sure if he's even linked to anyone.

I just checked, the window runs until 5th Oct, then 5th to 16th Oct domestic only. We have plenty of time because this is a weird year for football and everything else!

But ideally you want most things sorted by the 12th of September when the season starts.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom