• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
And who in their right mind thinks they'll bite? We barely have money to activate Partey's release clause and now we're offering money and a player for Dybala? :lol:
That's not strictly true. The club wanted to offer a swap or lower the price but it's been reported that they could pay the full clause as a last resort.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The club that just let go of scouts wholesale and asked players during the quarantine to take a pay cut.

So you think letting go of scouts that had no use here anymore and restructuring the system means we can't spend any money? Interesting.

You'll be surprised by how much we spend, did you not learn from last year? Don't believe anything regarding our transfer budget. There's a lot of sales to make and a lot of players to buy.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That's not strictly true. The club wanted to offer a swap or lower the price but it's been reported that they could pay the full clause as a last resort.
We have to either pay to get Dani since he's not been given the O.K by Real to join us again on loan, buy a CB, pay Partey's release clause and give him a fat paycheck ( I read he wants 10 mil) and offer Laca + money for Dybala?
That's Football Manager nonsense and it's never going to happen in this climate, where funds have taken a huge hit due to covid.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
So you think letting go of scouts that had no use here anymore and restructuring the system means we can't spend any money? Interesting.

You'll be surprised by how much we spend, did you not learn from last year? Don't believe anything regarding our transfer budget. There's a lot of sales to make and a lot of players to buy.
Yeah, you keep the faith, my guy. I'ma keep it real.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We have to either pay to get Dani since he's not been given the O.K by Real to join us again on loan, buy a CB, pay Partey's release clause and give him a fat paycheck ( I read he wants 10 mil) and offer Laca + money for Dybala?
That's Football Manager nonsense and it's never going to happen in this climate, where funds have taken a huge hit due to covid.

Looking at selling Torreira, Guendouzi, Holding and maybe even AMN amongst others. Just received £140M in premier league prize money. You really think we can't have a net spend of around 40-50M? :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It was just a suggestion. You could call any ideas of signing players Football Manager nonsense then.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
But ideally you want most things sorted by the 12th of September when the season starts.

Ideally yes! The reason I looked at closing date was that we have quite a few to shift, obviously some will be easier than others. Torreira, Guen, AMN, & Holding are the easier ones to shift providing we dont get greedy. Sokratis, Laca, Kola, Özil not so easy. Then Mustafi & Chambers who are injured.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You're not keeping it real though. You know we are after Gabriel and Partey which would cost 70M. Why would the club go for them if they knew they can't afford them, its just stupid logic mate.
Read my other reply about the whole transfer window before calling it stupid logic. There's no way in hell we're getting two players on huge wages for 80 mil cash and Laca + another replacement for Dani and a CB.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

You’ve no idea what you’re talking about to be fair.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I’m in no position to enlighten, just as you’re in no position to make unequivocal statements about what we can and can’t spend. You don’t have a clue.
Dybala is on 13 mil at Juve and if we're to believe the reports that Partey wants 10, that's 23 mil in wages for two players + money spent on them.
Add Auba and Özil to the list and the wage bill goes through the roof. It's not rocket science to understand that we're not going to make those deals and get another midfielder and CB in the same window.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Looking at selling Torreira, Guendouzi, Holding and maybe even AMN amongst others. Just received £140M in premier league prize money. You really think we can't have a net spend of around 40-50M? :lol:

The club recorded a £32m loss from 2019 with full match day income, net transfer spend at around £90m. Looking at the COVID infection rates around Europe, it looks like a very realistic possibility that we'll go through the entire next season without fans at the stadium. Our match day income has averaged at £116m/season for the last 11 seasons. Half of that will be lost this season and if we lose all of it next season, that's £175m hit on our income. Our net spend has averaged at around £50m over the last five seasons with regular match day income. So I wouldn't bet on having 50m net spend available this summer. Certainly not more than that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The club recorded a £32m loss from 2019 with full match day income, net transfer spend at around £90m. Looking at the COVID infection rates around Europe, it looks like a very realistic possibility that we'll go through the entire next season without fans at the stadium. Our match day income has averaged at £116m/season for the last 11 seasons. Half of that will be lost this season and if we lose all of it next season, that's £175m hit on our income. Our net spend has averaged at around £50m over the last five seasons with regular match day income. So I wouldn't bet on having 50m net spend available this summer. Certainly not more than that.

Fans are planned to be in the stadiums from October (15-20% at the minute).

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom