• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A bit of research. So Sancho and Bellingham wouldn't have been able to move when they did due to age. Spain only allow 3 non EU players in match day squads. Not that many have gone there to date but if other nations have similar rules it may not be as appealing to move, especially if up against big name recruits from outside the EU.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not crying over this one. Not sure how he has been hyped up to be this massive loss. He has done well in his minutes, but we are acting like he ran from the halfway line in a premier league game and score.

Every chance he doesn't end up being a Gnabry and ends up being a Mavididi.

The crime is no fee.

Goonger

Now is the time to sell Willock, Nketiah and maaaybe Reiss. Yet we wont again and they will cost little soon.

I defo agree about Nketiah, I've not seen any of him on loan or at Arsenal that tells me he has what it takes to be a lone striker at the level we need, plus he has 18 months on his contract.

Willock I probably agree with, would like to see him have a loan for 6 months and see how he is with regular game time & assess in the summer as he has 2 years left then.

Reiss I'd like to keep, I'd probably keep him as a squad player ahead of the likes of Willian or Pepe if truth be told.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Not crying over this one. Not sure how he has been hyped up to be this massive loss. He has done well in his minutes, but we are acting like he ran from the halfway line in a premier league game and score.

Every chance he doesn't end up being a Gnabry and ends up being a Mavididi.

The crime is no fee.
This one might actually be a big loss. He's looked really really good when he's played. I think he has better off the ball movement and hold up play than Eddie. Even if we are to lose him it should be at a price.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm eagerly waiting for the constant cursing of the club about this loss. I hope the complainers will be efficient and complain at least once a day. I hope there are many. Good times.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A bit of research. So Sancho and Bellingham wouldn't have been able to move when they did due to age. Spain only allow 3 non EU players in match day squads. Not that many have gone there to date but if other nations have similar rules it may not be as appealing to move, especially if up against big name recruits from outside the EU.
Some German clubs really lost out then with Brexit, they were starting to make a real business out of poaching young English players so they can sell them back to inflated English market for **** tonnes.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Some German clubs really lost out then with Brexit, they were starting to make a real business out of poaching young English players so they can sell them back to inflated English market for **** tonnes.

There’s no restrictions on non-EU players in Germany.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I'm gutted tbh, maybe it's irrational but from the little I saw he seemed to have everything to atleast be given a good shout before leaving.

Ahh well though, I suppose we won't keep all of young players.

I think I was quite upset with Arteta about it but if I'm honest, though he doesn't seem to easily trust youngsters, I was just looking at someone to blame and it looks like the problem started before he came in.

I have a really bad feeling that this will be another Gnabry but let's see.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I've done the maths, 74 minutes of first team football this season over 5 appearances. Coming on against the likes of a tired Dundalk and Molde.

Yet some want to portray him as an exceptional talent off the back of it. Virtually no-one has seen his play youth team football on here, with a few exceptions.

Shame it looks like he's going though, I know he had hype. Still, I'll console myself with the fact we've got Saka, Martinelli and ESR breaking through into the team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've done the maths, 74 minutes of first team football this season over 5 appearances. Coming on against the likes of a tired Dundalk and Molde.

Yet some want to portray him as an exceptional talent off the back of it. Virtually no-one has seen his play youth team football on here, with a few exceptions.

Shame it looks like he's going though, I know he had hype. Still, I'll console myself with the fact we've got Saka, Martinelli and ESR breaking through into the team.
The hype is crazy isn’t it. I think it’s just in our dna to hype up kids and see them as the next big thing. We will find another kid to hype up in few months time

TornadoTed

Established Member
The one that cracks me up is when people say that we should sell Nketiah instead and give this guy his minutes, it's hilarious.

I know Eddie has looked average at best for us but the guy has 50 1st team appearances as well as being prolific at nearly every level of International football he has played. Balogun has a few dozen minutes of 1st team football and 1 cap for the England under 20's, he is way behind Nketiah currently.

Ripe Banana

The one that cracks me up is when people say that we should sell Nketiah instead and give this guy his minutes, it's hilarious.

I know Eddie has looked average at best for us but the guy has 50 1st team appearances as well as being prolific at nearly every level of International football he has played. Balogun has a few dozen minutes of 1st team football and 1 cap for the England under 20's, he is way behind Nketiah currently.
Nketiah has looked lost anytime he has played EPL level. Would rather sell him now that he has some value and give time to Balogun

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You sell Eddie and promote this kid and make your money makes business sense first and formost

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think Eddie more than any other striker suffered with the lack of creativity in the team personally. Perhaps had ESR's introduction occurred around the time Nketiah actually got a small handful of starts for us he might have fared better - or at least the narrative around him wouldn't be as toxic as it has become.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was abit obvious he was leaving. I’m sure I posted a month ago that everything points to him having agreed a deal with a foreign club.

Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom