• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AC Milan v Arsenal - Tuesday March 4, 7.45pm - San Siro

Zico

Established Member
Milan is generally a very classy club. From the respect and care they afford their players, to the way they interact with other teams. I could not imagine Terry beseeching the referee to allow Ade to celebrate, or Kenyon sending a get well message to Eduardo. Those two clubs are on opposite ends of the class-o-meter...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Illusion said:
USArsenal said:
i was reading a Milan blog and one of the comments was this:

"The most poignant moment for me however was when Adebayor was celebrating his goal. The ref ran across to tell him to stop before Paolo Maldini jogged towards him with a hand out and expression as if to say “just let them enjoy it”.

did anyone else see this? I did not, but i would be interested to see a replay of that... if he truly did that, i have nothing but respect for the man... (not that I didn't already).. THAT'S class

Pretty sure it's true, I did see it but have a vague memory of how it went down exactly.

Maldini has been in the game for such a long time at the top level, it's hard to imagine him having anything else but class if you think about it. You don't get to play football for that long at that level unless you have a touch of class.
you got it wrong there.

it was ade who was celebrating in front of the home support. that was a little of a windup, not sure whether he meant that. for his own good, maldini actually went to try and advice and stop his dance.

Alfonso

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Remember the whole "we should have finished first" saga after the group stages Alf?

It's ironic as well because Sevilla, who finished top of our group and got a easy draw against Fenerbache got knocked out.

Its good that we beat a big team and qualified into the next round but did you honestly think we could do it before the game or even after the first leg? I still think we will always have a better chance of progressing if we face a smaller side.

My heart wants Barca in the next round, my brain says get Porto/Fenerbache but my gut instinct says Chelsea.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
USArsenal said:
i was reading a Milan blog and one of the comments was this:

"The most poignant moment for me however was when Adebayor was celebrating his goal. The ref ran across to tell him to stop before Paolo Maldini jogged towards him with a hand out and expression as if to say “just let them enjoy it”.

did anyone else see this? I did not, but i would be interested to see a replay of that... if he truly did that, i have nothing but respect for the man... (not that I didn't already).. THAT'S class

There was yesterday a dive from Eboue, and Maldini did,nt complain about it but he gave Eboue a hand and help him up, that guy is a phenomonal, professional athlete. a real legendary footballer

True Gooner

Established Member
Almost 24 hours later and the feeling has still not gone :)

The only topic of discussion today was how we beat Milan, note - not the fact that we beat Milan, but the way in which we beat them, I think we've won over alot of neutrals in World Football...:D

FORZA ARSENAL!

HollandGooner

Established Member

true gooner said:
Almost 24 hours later and the feeling has still not gone :)

The only topic of discussion today was how we beat Milan, note - not the fact that we beat Milan, but the way in which we beat them, I think we've won over alot of neutrals in World Football...:D

FORZA ARSENAL!

Mate? what did you done when Fabregas scored! my reaction was very slow i thought damn, in the side netting! but when i saw Fabregas screaming i knew he was in!! i was laughing to a friend of mine who is a Liverpool fan.... :lol:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
What a performance, but it couldn't have happened without me going around telling everyone that we were gonna get stuffed 3-1.

That said, it was in the back of my mind about that crazy week in 2006 that saw us play like losers at Liverpool and then go to Madrid and play them off the pitch.

I watched the game in the 12 Pins and loved every second of it, the referee did his best to spoil it for by booking Hleb for a non existent dive- though he did make up for it by not booking Eboue for his dive when he was on a yellow- stupid ****.

Fabregas, Flamini, Sagna, Clichy, Ade, Hleb. F'ck it, all of them (except Eboue) were heroes.

Great to see Theo come and do so well with his cameo appearance. And was it me, or did time stand still as Fabregas strode forward and unleashed that shot?

My shirt, jeans and bag got covered in beer and Ade's goal was a real highfiving complete strangers moment.

F'cking marvellous.

Oh, and all this Milan are an ageing team bollocks- they're only a year older than they were when they caned United last season, right?

True Gooner

Established Member
When Fabregas scored?

Alot like Biggus' reaction,

"Hmmm....oh look, its in the back of the net.................OMG its in the back of the ****ing net.....only 6 minutes to go!!!!!!!!

And then I danced and screamed for the remainder of the match, I think the atmosphere in my living room matched that of San Siro :)

HollandGooner

Established Member

true gooner said:
When Fabregas scored?

"Hmmm....oh look, its in the back of the net.................OMG its in the back of the f****g net.....only 6 minutes to go!!!!!!!!

And then I danced and screamed for the remainder of the match, I think the atmosphere in my living room matched that of San Siro :)

It really looks, the time stood still... when Cesc scored.. :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true gooner said:
When Fabregas scored?

"Hmmm....oh look, its in the back of the net.................OMG its in the back of the f****g net.....only 6 minutes to go!!!!!!!!

yeah, my reaction was pretty much the same... i jumped off the couch, ran around the living room, ran into the kitchen and was beating on my counters jumping up in the air... my throat was quite hoarse afterwards...

the wife didn't take too kindly to it (remember, she's a Milan fan).. she didnt speak to me for a couple hours afterwards.. :)

Pádraig

The next 2-3 years (or more) are going to be very tough for Milan. A lot of their players are on their last leg so Ancelotti may have to rebuild his whole squad or at least a large part of it.

lee1001

Established Member
Did the Ade goal remind anyone of the Pires goal against Inter?

Long ball for Walcott/Aliadiere to chase down and embarrass the defender before playing a square pass across the area for Pires/Ade to finish.

I honestly believe the only team that can stop us is United. If we can beat Milan then we can beat anyone. I pray that United get Chelsea in the next round.

Fabregas, Flamini and Hleb were incredible. People have been saying Fabregas's form has dipped but tonight was one of the best performances from an Arsenal player in Europe ever.

Imagine what we could achieve if we could upgrade Diaby and Eboue on the wings. **** we don't even have RVP in the team at the moment.

I can't read enough post match reports of the game, i will probably watch the highlights 100 times in the next week.

R.I.P AC Milan.

HollandGooner

Established Member

USArsenal said:
true gooner said:
When Fabregas scored?

yeah, my reaction was pretty much the same... i jumped off the couch, ran around the living room, ran into the kitchen and was beating on my counters jumping up in the air... my throat was quite hoarse afterwards...

the wife didn't take too kindly to it (remember, she's a Milan fan).. she didnt speak to me for a couple hours afterwards.. :)

Haha, i would love to see that on youtube... :lol:

famous no 10

Established Member
Still on cloud nine...I know we've won nothing yet, but that was a truly memorable performance last night, not just because we beat them, we completely OWNED them.

Now, replicate that performance in the quarters and it doesn't matter who we get, we'll beat them.

Class, class, class from us last night, beautiful football.

tam1886

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
There was yesterday a dive from Eboue, and Maldini did,nt complain about it but he gave Eboue a hand and help him up, that guy is a phenomonal, professional athlete. a real legendary footballer
I'm not 100% sure that was a dive. He was going at speed, and Maldini tugged his shirt, and I think there was enough of a pull to knock Eboue down. I think Maldini never complained because he knew it could have been a penalty with a different referee.

famous no 10

Established Member
tam1886 said:
HollandGooner said:
I'm not 100% sure that was a dive. He was going at speed, and Maldini tugged his shirt, and I think there was enough of a pull to knock Eboue down. I think Maldini never complained because he knew it could have been a penalty with a different referee.

Yup, professional or not, he tugged Eboue back.

However, what an athlete Maldini is, at his age...he was keeping up with Eboue, and Eboue is not slow

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I phoned my grandad after the game and he must have watched the United game on ITV1 (can we have an Arsenal game on ITV1 soon please, ITV?) cos he was watching the highlights of our game while we were talking. Typically, he was complaining about how many chances we'd missed- Stay with it, it'll get better, I told him.
- Oh! We've scored, he says.
- Keep watching, I said.
- We scored again! Said grandad.
- I know, said I.

An amusing postscript to one of the best nights I've experienced as an Arsenal fan, can only imagine what it would have been like to be there.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
lee1001 said:
United and Sp**s fans:

"Milan are s**t this year"

Ooh, those grapes taste sour.... Milan can't be that much worse than they were when they slaughtered Yoonited last year.

As for what Sp**s fans think, well that squirrel of 2006 has more CL experience then they do, so what do they know about Milan?

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom