• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senna

I don't think we can really command 30m plus with AMN. Clubs know we are strapped for cash and we have 3 right backs, and desperately have to get rid of one. The ball is in the buyers court.

Anything over 20m I'd take. Think of it this way, that money for a significant chunk of an attacking signing this summer. That pays for a player like Edouard for example.

I think the problem is he clearly doesnt want to play RB. He was probably ok playing Wing back as he could attack but wants to play mid. I think he should have got a run in the team when ppartey was out as a midfielder instead of ceballos & el neny but ultimately I dont know if he has the skills to make it as a starting midfielder here.

We should be holding out for £30m minimum for him. He's an England international, young & you get bums like rhian brewster going for £20m. This is not a mustafi or Sokratis situation where we need to shift him out.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think the problem is he clearly doesnt want to play RB. He was probably ok playing Wing back as he could attack but wants to play mid. I think he should have got a run in the team when ppartey was out as a midfielder instead of ceballos & el neny but ultimately I dont know if he has the skills to make it as a starting midfielder here.

We should be holding out for £30m minimum for him. He's an England international, young & you get bums like rhian brewster going for £20m. This is not a mustafi or Sokratis situation where we need to shift him out.

Hold out for £30m :lol: You're gonna be holding on a long time!

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he's better than Bellerin why isn't he starting? Anyway, Cedric is looking better than both of them.
Managers have favourites. Bellerin stayed with Arteta and his family when he moved from Spain, clearly some relationship there.

Arteta should’ve sold him in the summer if he wasn’t going to play him. AMN was MOTM in his last RB game, while Cedric has been here 1 year and played 2 good games.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sell Bellerin, promote Ainsley

Was saying this in the summer along with sell Leno, promote Martinez. Looks like we're making a similar mistake again

senna

Hold out for £30m :lol: You're gonna be holding on a long time!

Haha :) English players values are only going to go up with brexit and the new work permit rules kick in. If Wolves offered £25m in the height of a pandemic, shoudlnt be too hard to get £5m more, I mean there's several clubs interested & a new one entering the race all the time so shoudlnt be difficult to get a bidding war going.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Southampton would be very nice loan not sure he'd start ahead of Bertrand or Walker-peteres

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
looks more like nobody should listen to you based on that statement?

Why? :lol: Martinez is having a great season and Bellerin has been poor...

Could have had enough for another player or two if we'd sold Leno and Bellerin

TornadoTed

Established Member
I just don't see 'it' with AMN, he looks pretty average all round except for his athleticism. I also have huge concerns over his desire and attitude.

He should have been building on his FA Cup heroics to really cement himself in the first team for this season but he doesn't look like he can be arsed most of the time.

If someone offers us £20m with our current financial predicament I would bite their hand off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Neither bellerin and AMN deserve start for club that want top 4 both average all round I'd sell them both in summer and buy someone that better

TornadoTed

Established Member
Why? :lol: Martinez is having a great season and Bellerin has been poor...

Could have had enough for another player or two if we'd sold Leno and Bellerin

It isn't anywhere near that simple, the wages that Leno and Bellerin are on, circa £90-100k there are only probably 10 teams in the World who could afford them. Then it comes down to 1 thing, are those players better than what they have already, I would say no.

Dozens and dozens of clubs can afford Martinez and AMN on circa £40k so they are way more saleable assets.

Wages have been a massive hinderance for us, I have no doubt that Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac etc. would have sold ages ago if they were on £40-50k per week.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I signed up to this forum because I wanted to vent my fury at that £15m Wolves bid in the summer. It felt like daylight robbery even with the financial implications of Coronavirus.

This season I've been very underwhelmed with AMN though, there's a sloppiness that crept into his play that I really don't like. I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that he's going to be a jack of all trades, John O'Shea type for us long term if he stays.

He doesn't have the technical ability to be a starting CM, he's relatively poor at LB, RB is probably his best position but if you can't nail down that position ahead of a physically shot Bellerin and a decentish back up level RB in Cedric, there's an issue.

He's not a young kid anymore, he needs to show something at this loan spell as I'm losing a bit of patience with him.

There has long been talk of attitude / motivation issues with AMN. I believe he got dropped last season for a spell for these issues.

We're getting near make or break time with him now, either he steps up and pushes on or we should accept a £20m + bid in the summer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It isn't anywhere near that simple, the wages that Leno and Bellerin are on, circa £90-100k there are only probably 10 teams in the World who could afford them. Then it comes down to 1 thing, are those players better than what they have already, I would say no.

Dozens and dozens of clubs can afford Martinez and AMN on circa £40k so they are way more saleable assets.

Wages have been a massive hinderance for us, I have no doubt that Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolasinac etc. would have sold ages ago if they were on £40-50k per week.

Hit the nail on the head with this. People don't realise 60k plus is massive massive money, and only a handful of clubs in Europe can pay that, as you say. Covid only magnifies this as well.

On top of that, we give poor players that sort of money, we are never going to sell them.

I'd take a guess the majority of players Liverpool sold for good money will have been on not much more than 50k pw each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom