• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That bald headed fraud Gazidis is probably readying a loan with option to buy on us.

He knows how to speak the Arsenal lingo
I don't see AMN as the kind of footballer that will go to Italy to prove himself

lazyfreak

That said, I really don't want him to leave. I think he's very talented - more than a lot of people do - and I just think this could have all been avoided if they didn't try to make him a full back. I am the opposite to many - I don't think he would have made a good right back and I was always against the move.
Nah. The real problem actually happened way before that and that's trying to convert him to CM or more accurately if I'm not mistaken, DLP. In the academy and reserves, he was an average right winger at best. Trying to keep that profile of player to try and convert them into a CM or DLP is strange. Even stranger is the fact he got promoted to the first-team really early as well when he didn't even really prove anything.

Basically his head got turned and when he had to play out wide albeit as a wing-back or full-back, it's all of a sudden so foreign to him and that's where the poor attitude came in. I don't think he was ever gonna make it. But that right back spot could've been a lifeline for him which he didn't make the most of. So it's time for all parties to finally move on.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Will be rooting for him just like Iwobi. Not really sure where the bad attitude view comes from.

When other players were phoning it in for the final days of Wenger he was putting in good performances at LB/LM.

He was pretty solid for Emery at RB before the manager benched him after the red card at Villa.

Stepped up again to play RB when Freddie & Arteta came in.

Majority of the squad have given up on managers not sure AMN one of them. Hope to see him at a Palace / Southampton maybe Leeds could be a sleeper.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'd keep him. He can play anywhere. Utility players are vital for any squad. As long as he's fine with that role and understands he won't be in the first team every week.

He looks like he wont be anywhere near the first team if the last 10 games or so where anything to go by.

Personally utility players can accept their position when playing at elite clubs and winning things. You dont mind being what Fabian Delph was at City getting 30 appearances. Or a John O'Shea at United.

However there is no reason to stay as a utility player in a team thats going to be around 6-10th in the league when you can start for a team abit lower down.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tbh I think Arteta could sell him just to prove a point to the rest of the squad and especially the young players. Arteta is still new to the job, every new coach needs to stamp authority and gain total respect. AMN could be one of those to be sacrificed i.e if you don't work hard enough for me we'll sell you.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Tbh I think Arteta could sell him just to prove a point to the rest of the squad and especially the young players. Arteta is still new to the job, every new coach needs to stamp authority and gain total respect. AMN could be one of those to be sacrificed i.e if you don't work hard enough for me we'll sell you.

The problem is by selling AMN who never was a real regular. Who never was like a character. Who never was thought of particularly highly it doesnt really send much of a message.

Now if Arteta had decided to sell Guendouzi or goes on to sell him this summer due to the discipline issue in Dubai I think it was. This in my opinion would send a bigger message. Some may say there isnt much in them but Guendouzi does look like he has a couple of levels still to go up and has been at some point raved about.

When Fergie sent a message he wasnt selling Quinton Fortune to make that message. He was getting rid of Beckham, Stam, Ruud VN. Big players with big personalities and players which provoked a reaction from the media and the fans.

Last edited:

LG10

He could be one of the greatest rbs in the world if he wanted to, we’d be sorted for the next 10 years there. Shame he doesn’t have the right mentality to make it.

LG10

A half amn is a better option than bellerin btw. If we’re hoping bellerin comes good and sign cedric as back up we’re done.

Burt Gold

I wonder what a reasonable price would be for him?

Can't be too high 15 mil or less.

I guess if we are signing Soares and some midfielders, he may not have a spot. It wouldn't kill me to see him go but I don't mind the player, he has some potential to be a good squad member.

zilfy

We have such a slow squad, and here we go getting rid of one of our fastest players.

I would have loved to at least him at cm. It's been a long time since we've had someone with pace in the midfield

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We have such a slow squad, and here we go getting rid of one of our fastest players.

I would have loved to at least him at cm. It's been a long time since we've had someone with pace in the midfield
What use is speed when the brain is slow in making decisions?

zilfy

What use is speed when the brain is slow in making decisions?
surely experience in that position would quicken that decision-making? There would need to be some time to adapt to the new position.

Guess it doesn't matter anyway cos Mikel doesn't rate him

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I do sometimes wonder why Willock and Guendouzi got the chances that AMN never did at cm, but guess we'll never find out.

Strange he never has the chance to build on that performance at Old Trafford all of those years ago.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I do sometimes wonder why Willock and Guendouzi got the chances that AMN never did at cm, but guess we'll never find out.

Strange he never has the chance to build on that performance at Old Trafford all of those years ago.
Even Wenger never played him there when everyone was fit.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

He must have a major flaw in the position. 3 managers have been and gone and apart from one or two appearances he hasnt featured there. Not even in like Europa League or cup games.

Looks a good fit for CM however we have to believe that Wenger, Emery and Arteta know better than us.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

surely experience in that position would quicken that decision-making? There would need to be some time to adapt to the new position.

Guess it doesn't matter anyway cos Mikel doesn't rate him
All the four managers we've had in the past 3 years didn't rate him enough to play in midfield.

Even Wenger who is perhaps the most trusting manager only played him there one or two times. That was because he didn't have the starting player available or was resting xhaka

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I wouldn't want to lose AMN, I wouldnt call 20m staggering considering we got more for a lesser player in Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom