• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People seem to be unhappy with 20m, but I reckon its a fair fee. I really rate AMN and think he has the ability to be our first choice RB, but he's never had a consistent run of games, and there does still seem to be a question of mark regarding his best position. We are also in a covid hit market.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Niles won't be playing cm at wolves Moutinho Neves Dendnoker are well ahead. Maybe they'll use him there in some games

roz

Fake News Merchant
People seem to be unhappy with 20m, but I reckon its a fair fee. I really rate AMN and think he has the ability to be our first choice RB, but he's never had a consistent run of games, and there does still seem to be a question of mark regarding his best position. We are also in a covid hit market.
Its a bad fee when you compare other young home grown players.

GunnerShy

Naive to link it to Party directly. Wolves aren't likely to turn up with a suitcase of Xm upfront unless we negotiated a lower fee for those terms.

Party probably involves a capital raising to get the money. But this will be an important sale on regards to balancing our overall transfer spend this summer.

We are always going to have to sell players we don't want to lose/like.

That's why there's a potential market for AMN/Leno/Martinez because they're good footballers.

If Sokratis/Mustafi etc were any good, and had suitors we'd probably poem them and not want to sell them either!

BobP

Memri Fan
tenor.gif

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We have another utility player - his name is Bukayo Saka and he is better.

Chambers, Holding, Torreria and Guendouzi should also command decent fees and hopefully put upwards of 8m. Towards transfer targets

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Wrong.

Selling Maitland-Niles to EL rivals while giving Partey a 5 year deal.

Superb dealing from the club.
Not sure about that, even if we do end up signing Partey, we’re left with Bellerin / Cedric for RB. That’s shocking.

If we sign a RB though, that could be great business.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have another utility player - his name is Bukayo Saka and he is better.

Chambers, Holding, Torreria and Guendouzi should also command decent fees and hopefully put upwards of 8m. Towards transfer targets

Doubt we'll even get 8m for that lot mate.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are people sad?

He's a good player. This is the kind of ruthlessness we have to show if we need to start competing again. Some years ago fans were complaining that we didn't move our fringe players on. Now we're moving them on, same people are still complaining. AMN is good player and capable of putting in good performances in a few games, but his consistency is questionable. I don't even think he'll be a starter for Wolves tbh. He has the physical profile our midfield lacks but I still think he's technically lacking. Clearly the coaching staff think so too.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
£20m is fine for Maitland-Niles in this climate. Hopefully there's some performance incentives put in there. People really overrate a few of our academy prospects (coming from someone whose obsessed with the academy). Glad to see us doing business that will allow us to do the business needed in this crucial window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom