• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So so impressed with him. I didn't expect him to look so comfortable, even though I rated him. I genuinely thought it would be difficult for him, even with his talent but he's making it look easy.

His intelligence, awareness of his teammates and technique is top notch. There were times when he was making great runs in miles of space and nobody was finding him save for Elneny a few times. It sounds strange but in a way his thinking is ahead of some of the players in that team today, and that's saying something.

I'd like to see him in the first team - and I mean the first XI, with Özil etc.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
For years we've bemoaned the lacking balance between youth and experience. Heck, it's not even half a decade ago when the words "youth project" were in common use here on AM. The answer is not to invest heavily in youth, the answer is a mixture and we're getting there with Bellerin, Elneny, Ox, Iwobi, but there's still room for some more.

LordBump

I really think he and Arsenal would benefit immensely in years to come if we loan him out for consistent game time in a competitive league.
Something similar to what we did with Wilshere at Bolton.
We should be doing this to all our talented youngsters.

They've got the skill and talent, get them to work hard week in week out, build that toughness, rather than staying under Uncle Wengers blanket.
Ox is an obvious example of someone growing soft at the Arsenal nursery.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I really think he and Arsenal would benefit immensely in years to come if we loan him out for consistent game time in a competitive league.
Something similar to what we did with Wilshere at Bolton.
We should be doing this to all our talented youngsters.

They've got the skill and talent, get them to work hard week in week out, build that toughness, rather than staying under Uncle Wengers blanket.
Ox is an obvious example of someone growing soft at the Arsenal nursery.
Wilshere went on loan for a total of 4-5 months - he wasn't exactly farmed out most of his early career. Even if he hadn't have had that loan, as beneficial as it was, he would have pretty much Fabregased his way into the starting 11.

If you're ready, you're ready. Physically, technically and mentally.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wilshere went on loan for a total of 4-5 months - he wasn't exactly farmed out most of his early career. Even if he hadn't have had that loan, as beneficial as it was, he would have pretty much Fabregased his way into the starting 11.

If you're ready, you're ready. Physically, technically and mentally.

Watching the game again , he is so technically good .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When ever he's played he looks a better "prospect" than OX and has better performances than Theo. Deserves a start in a league game.

On the basis of 3 or 4 cup appearances? People were saying the same about Ox, especially after that 6-0 against Blackburn. Ox has stagnated due to injuries but his potential remains huge. I'm glad we have both.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
That's why I think he merits a start against Swansea. He'll have the home crowd and be comfortable. Ox and Theo certainly aren't willing to step up.

How Iwobi was taken off yesterday for Ox is beyond me. He was doing pretty well, deserved to see it out. Wenger obviously treating him with care.

Highbury Rock City

What strucks me with this one is his ability to more or less always get away with the ball when he's going forward. The man just slides past and does someting clever, apart from goals ofc, but he'll get it in.

I'm not sure if he's quite ready to start a PL- game just yet, but he has certainly shown to be a proven first choice from the bench, imo.

Godwin1

Very well-known
How Iwobi was taken off yesterday for Ox is beyond me. He was doing pretty well, deserved to see it out. Wenger obviously treating him with care.
He was doing ok, looked comfortable on the ball but having very little impact on the game. Wenger made the right call in my opinion.

Godwin1

Very well-known
The subs from Wenger were bad. Killed the game.
No they wern't, Welbeck has just come back from injury and Wenger probably didn't want to risk him for the 90. Giroud was the right guy to bring on becuase they were sitting deep in their own box. Campbell and Iwodi wern't going to win us the game and Sanchez and Ox could have pulled something out the bag to win it for us. I have no problem with the subs he made and neither should you.

No they wern't, Welbeck has just come back from injury and Wenger probably didn't want to risk him for the 90. Giroud was the right guy to bring on becuase they were sitting deep in their own box. Campbell and Iwodi wern't going to win us the game and Sanchez and Ox could have pulled something out the bag to win it for us. I have no problem with the subs he made and neither should you.

Of course they were right thing to do for Wenger. But knowing afterwards they killed the game.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
captain-hindsight1.png

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Looks a talent, I'd like to see how he can fare elsewhere though. Realistically he's not getting into the team as an attacking midfielder, he has pace and can dribble so I'd be interested to see how he can do out wide or up front.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It's kinda depressing he's calmer and more secure in possession than half of players ahead of him all over the front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom