• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another thing that worries me is the guy stamina. After every power/sprint play he does he is heavy breathing. Now I may be over reading the situation but Ox do tend to go hiding in most of his games.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Another thing that worries me is the guy stamina. After every power/spring play he does he is heavy breathing. Now I may be over reading the situation but Ox do tend to go hiding in most of his games.

I think he's improved in that regard as of late, but there's no question he had poor fitness in seasons gone by. I remember Wenger saying in an interview when Ox first joined we used to weigh him daily, he has quite a bulky build.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I think he's improved in that regard as of late, but there's no question he had poor fitness in seasons gone by. I remember Wenger saying in an interview when Ox first joined we used to weigh him daily, he has quite a bulky build.

Absolutely. It is very rare for someone with that level of bulk to make it as a top pro. Ross Barkley is also extraordinarily bulky.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Feel it would be a huge mistake. Its hard to shift these bang average players on big Arsenal money. We have a history of being stuck with them until the end... Ridiculous amount leave on frees or when the contract ends compared to other clubs.

When I said sign a new deal somewhere, I think there's a very good chance he'll leave next summer for a transfer fee. I can't see Arsenal ever loaning him out now. It's make or break.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
My boy :drool:

People constantly waxing lyrical about no hopers while this guy gets all the stick. One of the few players in our squad who has the ability to make something out of nothing.
He doesn't do it nearly enough though.

He does have the ability and he's certainly not sh*t, but he's unreliable. I'm very happy with his impact and I hope - again - that he can build upon this with some more sustained and consistent performances.

say yes

forum master baiter
He doesn't do it nearly enough though.

He does have the ability and he's certainly not sh*t, but he's unreliable. I'm very happy with his impact and I hope - again - that he can build upon this with some more sustained and consistent performances.

Wingers are always unreliable though. Easy to forget how much stick even one as good as Giggs used to get back in the day.

Been a huge jump in his productivity (9 goals/assists already this season) and he's working harder than ever before. Not been his biggest fan in the past but I'm beginning to love the guy.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wingers are always unreliable though. Easy to forget how much stick even one as good as Giggs used to get back in the day.

Been a huge jump in his productivity (9 goals/assists already this season) and he's working harder than ever before. Not been his biggest fan in the past but I'm beginning to love the guy.
I've always been a fan of Ox to be fair. I'm pleased that his output has improved. I just think he needs to get out of his head a little bit. He telegraphs too much. So much ability, just needs the confidence and he will explode.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
the way he effortlessly beat his player and put in a delicious cross...awesome.

he may have been low on confidence, but there were never any doubts with his dribbling and crossing.

Impact

Established Member
It has been painfully obvious that Chamberlain is not a combination player and is instead a player that excels in one-on-one situations for some time. If we simplify his game by creating opportunities for him to utilise his maverick capabilities, we'll reap the benefits. That's what we have been seeing this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom