• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Our new RB hopefully. Don't want to see Jenkinson.
:rolleyes:

Come on my furious mentor - Jenko didn't do badly though. He doesn't look like he has the necessaries to be an elite RB but can't fault his commitment & I even though he was brushed off the ball a few times yesterday he stuck to his task well yesterday. He's a step-down from Bellerin but surely you jest about the Ox playing RB rather than Jenko.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Unbelievable.
Two seasons ago:
IXkDR5U.gif

And now fans think he should be the fullback.

Last edited:

The assist for Giroud goal is really what he should be doing more often!

Use his power not his mind. His power is greater than his mind! Keep it simple!

say yes

forum master baiter
Strange really. All agenda's aside, Jenkinson played extremely well yesterday.

You have incredibly low standards if that performance constitutes 'extremely well'.

He was shaky defensively all game. On another day it could easily have cost us.

More pertinent however was his lack of ability on the ball, which was a major reason for us struggling to get anything going offensively. He was never going to be able to replicate what Bellerin does for us going forward, but fullbacks have got to be able to play football- especially at Arsenal.

We/he survived. That's all you can say.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Jenks has the ability to be better going forward than he was yesterday (Man City game all those years ago comes to mind). The main issue with him, and seems to be still there, is that he needs continuous game time to gain form. That's something a club like Arsenal can't really afford to give him. I bet by the time Bellerin is ready to come back he'd actually be at a proper squad level only to be sent back to the bench. If he wants to stay as a squad option at Arsenal he needs to be able to come in straight away and perform at his best.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
:rolleyes:

Come on my furious mentor - Jenko didn't do badly though. He doesn't look like he has the necessaries to be an elite RB but can't fault his commitment & I even though he was brushed off the ball a few times yesterday he stuck to his task well yesterday. He's a step-down from Bellerin but surely you jest about the Ox playing RB rather than Jenko.

Mate, he was ok at best, which is not enough.

I'm offensive minded, and want my FB to be able to attack, Ox is an amazing footballer and would be great attacking wise. Defensively maybe not, but much rather that than the inept and rubbish Jenkinson.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
You have incredibly low standards if that performance constitutes 'extremely well'.

He was shaky defensively all game. On another day it could easily have cost us.

More pertinent however was his lack of ability on the ball, which was a major reason for us struggling to get anything going offensively. He was never going to be able to replicate what Bellerin does for us going forward, but fullbacks have got to be able to play football- especially at Arsenal.

We/he survived. That's all you can say.
Complete lack of perspective here. It has nothing to do with low standards and everything to do with context. He's been out for a year, and played his first league game for us since 2014. I assume you've played football before? I assume you also understand how difficult it is to not play for so long, then be thrown into the pressure cooker that is United vs Arsenal? Defending against Rashford no less?

He played extremely well considering. United players got very little change out of him. Blaming him for our poor attack is cheap.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He played extremely well considering. United players got very little change out of him. Blaming him for our poor attack is cheap.
Not much was asked of him tbf, and he still looked like an accident waiting to happen. If Man Utd chose to target him ,we'd have been fcked.

At the end of the day, there's no reason to think he's any better now than the clown that he was for us and then West Ham. Had he not done his ACL, he'd have been given back to us in the summer and then sold imo.

But because we're a ****ing charity, we decided to let him do his rehab in real time, by playing competitive games for us :lol: Oh, and he's also Ox's best mate, so that's another reason he's getting games. Arsenal FC.

Last edited:

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Not much was asked of him tbf, and he still looked like an accident waiting to happen. If Man Utd chose to target him ,we'd have been fcked.

At the end of the day, there's no reason to think he's any better now than the clown that he was for us and then West Ham. Had he not done his ACL, he'd have been given back to us in the summer and then sold imo.

But because we're a ****ing charity, we decided to let him do his rehab in real time, by playing competitive games for us :lol: Oh, and he's also Ox's best mate, so that's another reason he's getting games. Arsenal FC.

I don't think that's exactly fair given the circumstances on Debuchy. He obviously doesn't want to be here, so we most likely kept Jenkinson because we couldn't spend (didn't want to spend) on a fullback unless we could get rid of them. Given that both were injured all through the transfer window it's likely no club would have pursued any interest.

And it'll be difficult to get anyone who doesn't love the club to be back up to Bellerin who is one of the most promising right backs in europe.

But yeah, next year I can see both going now that Bellerin signed an extension.

say yes

forum master baiter
Complete lack of perspective here. It has nothing to do with low standards and everything to do with context. He's been out for a year, and played his first league game for us since 2014. I assume you've played football before? I assume you also understand how difficult it is to not play for so long, then be thrown into the pressure cooker that is United vs Arsenal? Defending against Rashford no less?

There's a huge difference between:

'Jenkinson played extremely well' and,

'Jenkinson played extremely well considering he's been out for a year, hasn't played for us since 2014, and was chucked into the deep end against Man United' (aka Jenkinson didn't play that well - but cut him some slack).

I wouldn't agree either way, but don't start out with the first if you mean the second.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
There's a huge difference between:

'Jenkinson played extremely well' and,

'Jenkinson played extremely well considering he's been out for a year, hasn't played for us since 2014, and was chucked into the deep end against Man United' (aka Jenkinson didn't play that well - but cut him some slack).

I wouldn't agree either way, but don't start out with the first if you mean the second.
:lol: You can't be serious ...

Bottom line is, I think Jenkinson played extremely well. And I don't know who you think you are to be stipulating what I can and can't say.

Reactions: SYS

say yes

forum master baiter
:lol: You can't be serious ...

Bottom line is, I think Jenkinson played extremely well. And I don't know who you think you are to be stipulating what I can and can't say.

Mod edit : just stopping this before it escalates

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom